Best and Worst Trips 2022

Signfan

How about No trip. I dropped off my truck 1st week January to have some paint touched up. I thought my late February trip would be enough time to have it finished. Long story short (supply chain) I think I’m getting it back sometime this week.

99903F50-AFF2-4D85-A62A-FC8A7C5CC578.jpeg

18FAC1D0-4432-471A-973A-61F61998DBC5.jpeg

E953246D-4792-4961-9247-5595F355EFB2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

If someone is looking to add a 2022 Trip:

I have not read it yet, but looks like what a lot of us have done... but now in the Summer.......

https://offtracktravel.ca/ultimate-two-week-coastal-quebec-road-trip-itinerary/

Link Disapeared when I Posted This, Sorry.

GutZ

Edited by MrGutz

On 6/2/2022 at 10:25 PM, dooright said:

Just a guess....North to Gouin  Reservoir??

I know it may sound crazy but some of my most memorable trips have been in monstrous storms  and off trail boon docking....I will admit I have been lucky...probably took a few risks that were not advisable....but it's been a great adventure.

2 hours ago, quebec bob said:

I know it may sound crazy but some of my most memorable trips have been in monstrous storms  and off trai docking....I will admit I have been lucky...probably took a few risks that were not advisable....but it's been a great adventure.

Snowmobiling is an adventure evey time !!!

• 2 weeks later...

One trip that was memorable last winter was a 2 day getaway with my wife.  We unloaded at the Hill and Gully riders clubhouse in Mulgrave et Derry.  Road north to Mont Laurier and then looped back to the truck on day two.  Found two really neat covered bridges on a club trail south of Mont Laurier.  Grooming was excellent and found some awesome logging roads that were groomed to perfection.  Anyways we ended up riding in freezing rain for the last hour of the day.  No big deal till we tried to drive home.  Coming out of the clubhouse on gravel mountain roads.  Me in a hurry made one too many right turns and ended up mistakingly headed north further into the mountains instead of south to the Ottawa River.  Came down one hill trailer in tow that dropped a couple hundred feet.  It had a nice little s bend in it.  ABS never shut off top to bottom.  As I'm coming through the valley at the bottom nothing but hill ahead.  So on the gas got it up to about 70 and she barely climbed the hill.  Finally came to my senses at the top.  Time to stop and assess.  Got out and walked (skated really) to scout out what laid ahead.  Road gets steep going downhill again and has a big bend in it.  Nope something isn't right.  No cell service to bout.  So we unhook, swing the truck and trailer around and very slowly ride back down the hill where we came from with one wheel in the snow bank the whole way down.  Just enough snow there to hold things steady, but its rainibg hard and freezing up just as quickly.  Now I'm in a valley between two hills.  Debate for a minute and decide first I need to sort out where I went wrong.  I unload my sled and head back out the road to figure things out.  Find my mistake and head back in.  The roads had been sanded, but the rain was freezing a layer of ice over the salt and sand.  So up and down the hill I run with the sled using the track to chew the ice up and bring the sand up top.  It works, load the sled up and out we made it.  Highways were arguably just as bad until we got to a lower elevation.  All in all one scary drive (never been that nervous driving and I've took off in lots of storms), but still a great trip.  I was thoroughly impressed with the trails in the Papineau Labelle Wildlife Reserve.  Will definitely return.

20220222_101759.jpg

• 1 month later...

You Guys Are Killing Me!!!!!

It's 100 Degrees in Western Mass right now......

But.... We are leaving to pick up Mini from Camp in Bethel Maine and running for the Border!

He thinks we are going Tubing at Val-Cartier.... Wait till he sees the Water Park!!!!!

Hahahahaha!!! He thinks Great Wolf is Big!!

GutZ