Ok!.......What did I Miss???!!!

MrGutz

Well... went to Maine in the middle of March and took a few days off.... Wow, Came back and my projects kicked into high gear, and the staff kicked into low gear ( I wish that was so they could pull their own weight ). I can understand the great migration\resignation, but if you take a new job at least show up. I don't mean physically. Then we had others leave and someone said "Hey, lets have a Pizza Party....." Fortunately I hate everyone ( hahahah  ) and so does my buddy Dan, so we did not go. By Sunday 75% of the office was sick with Covid..... Except for Dan and I again. ( more on this later ) If things weren't bad enough... right..... 

Keeping things on track and picking up the pieces became an uphill battle. During this time I finally got a call from the Orthopedic Surgeon's Office. Way back during the shutdown Dan and I were the only ones to keep working during that time. Unfortunately one of clients needed equipment and two ( out of shape ) 50 year olds were the only ones who could deliver some really heavy stuff in a construction zone. Anyways after a horrible snapping sound from my hip, I finally was able to see the Hip Guy. You guessed it ,they think I need a new hip.

With all this going on I'm tired and every time I would sit and try to read the site, I'd fall asleep. 

If anything major has happened, let me know! LOL!!

Later

GutZ

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_05/Maine-2022.jpg.4c3ef2aeae174069a2f273809e58969e.jpg

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_05/Mason-Maine-01.jpg.daeb34c843c2acdd46acc803bfb8ac17.jpg

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_05/Mason-Maine-OffTrail1.thumb.jpg.6fed1b4a13dd4f5a165d3545dc11046e.jpg

Maine-2022.jpg

Mason-Maine-01.jpg

So Gutz, how was the Maine riding? Maine was really warm most of March. I assume you went to Millinocket. How many miles a day is the nephew good for on that small sled?

Should you get the new hip. the most important thing experienced hip replacement folks will tell you is follow the doctors recommended recovery do's and don't's. My wife has had two hips and a knee so far. She went back to work too soon after one surgery and her new hip never totally healed and she still has some hip pain.

17 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Gutz, get that hip fixed now, your son doesn't want to hear any excuses when the snow flys...remember what it was like when we were young and got our first sleds, Be Well , Bob.

I agree about getting it fixed now. I got a new one 4 or 5 years ago and don't even know it now.  Better than the original one. My wife just her left one done in March and is walking better than years ago.  I ride my snowmobile with no problems.  Get it done.  Lol

Hips are easy Gutz, get er done. You using NEOS? Mikes right do what the doctors say and if you don't try not to get caught. The visiting nurse caught me in my driveway blowing leaves a week after surgery. She chewed me out. Don't know what the big deal was I had my walker with me?

7 hours ago, jak said:

Hips are easy Gutz, get er done. You using NEOS? Mikes right do what the doctors say and if you don't try not to get caught. The visiting nurse caught me in my driveway blowing leaves a week after surgery. She chewed me out. Don't know what the big deal was I had my walker with me?

Hip = Easy!  Got it done in '88!  And revised in '98 & '08!  All good!

Knee = Not so easy!  Got it done 3 weeks ago!  Looking forward to kicking arse by winter '23!

Screenshot_20220418-122014_Gallery.jpg

4-26 R Knee Side.jpg

20220509_124017.jpg

20220513_200703.jpg

18 hours ago, mikerider said:

the most important thing experienced hip replacement folks will tell you is follow the doctors recommended recovery do's and don't's

Ding! Ding! Ding!  No more, no less!

Godspeed!  All the best!

On 5/20/2022 at 12:13 AM, PLAYHARD said:

Wow, You're gonna never get through the Metal Detectors at the airport!

The Ankle Bolt's connected to the ....Knee Bolt, the Knee Bolts connected to the ....Leg Plate...

LOL!

GutZ

On 5/19/2022 at 5:46 AM, mikerider said:

So Gutz, how was the Maine riding? Maine was really warm most of March. I assume you went to Millinocket. How many miles a day is the nephew good for on that small sled?

Should you get the new hip. the most important thing experienced hip replacement folks will tell you is follow the doctors recommended recovery do's and don't's. My wife has had two hips and a knee so far. She went back to work too soon after one surgery and her new hip never totally healed and she still has some hip pain.

We did do Millinocket, it was nice, I little warm and rainy on 2 days, Mini made it to Kokedjeo and back! 100 Mile day! 15+ MPG too. Quickly growing out of it.

https://www.relive.cc/view/vZqNxNB7e3O

The Do's and Don't I get so bored when stuck in the living room, but i hear you. What could it hurt if i just .......

GutZ

I was also watching him get a little more  daring and a little more daring with the "TrailSide BoomDocking" untill this happened.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_05/Mason-Maine-OffTrail1.thumb.jpg.d93f78b1d44e72877cd3dd1074a689a7.jpg

It was deep, Long Hair and I nearly had heart attacks getting to him, but once freed from the little tree the Bravo Mountain Max floated right back to the trail.

Good Stories! No Injuries.

GutZ

On 5/19/2022 at 5:07 PM, jak said:

NEOS it is. First they are doing a XRay Guided Injection. June 2nd.

They said it should help.

GutZ

Gutz, with these high gas prices and the bad economy I bet a lot of people here far from the snow will have sled sales up and prices plummeting and you may have a great opportunity to upgrade Junior for a great deal...just put a governor on it until he grows into it, like a block of wood behind the throttle !!

9 hours ago, MrGutz said:

Wow, You're gonna never get through the Metal Detectors at the airport!

The Ankle Bolt's connected to the ....Knee Bolt, the Knee Bolts connected to the ....Leg Plate...

LOL!

GutZ

They give you a card to show to get through the detectors, you'll get one.

1 hour ago, MrGutz said:

NEOS it is. First they are doing a XRay Guided Injection. June 2nd.

They said it should help.

GutZ

The injection will help but is temporary. Going for mine tomorrow (back) then seeing surgeon 7/1. The "golden" years.

20 hours ago, mikerider said:

The future QuebecRider will be all of us riding motorized wheel chairs,  racing them through the  halls at the Universel Hotel. Dinner's at 4:00 o'clock boys. Lights out at 7:00.

Sounds like a decrepit group.  Not there yet, however I never go on a trip without a good supply of Aleeve! LOL

On 5/22/2022 at 5:42 PM, jak said:

The injection will help but is temporary. Going for mine tomorrow (back) then seeing surgeon 7/1. The "golden" years.

Injections of halyronic acid & steroids into thw shoulders give me betweeen 9 & 11 months before needing redo.

20210118_092525.jpg