Looking to join club

montrealmike

Hello all,

I am new to this site, just bought a second hand sled, 1995 Vmax 600, haven't sledded since the '80's... yeah, I'm old.

I'm searching for a snowmobile club in the Laurentians near the Wentworth North - Lac Sieze Iles area. I live in the West Island, near Ile Bizard, was thinking of joining there, but I have access to a cottage in Wentworth North area.

Looking forward to learning about snowmobiling again with help from these forums.

Hello all,

I am new to this site, just bought a second hand sled, 1995 Vmax 600, haven't sledded since the '80's... yeah, I'm old.

I'm searching for a snowmobile club in the Laurentians near the Wentworth North - Lac Sieze Iles area. I live in the West Island, near Ile Bizard, was thinking of joining there, but I have access to a cottage in Wentworth North area.

Looking forward to learning about snowmobiling again with help from these forums.

Welcome to Quebec rider, Mike

For sure, joining a Club is a great thing to do. You will find a whole bunch of guys who will be glad to get you back into sledding.

On "which Club" to join there are two schools of thought. The first is to join a club that is as close to where you live as practical. The other is to join a Club that is in the area where you would envision doing most of your riding. This logic ensures that your trail pass money, and hopefully your volunteer time, would go to a Club that most needs it.

If you want to join a Club in the Montreal-Laval metro area, you have a number of choices.... only thing is, you may have the opportunity to ride your "home club" trails much less frequently than if you joined a Club, say in Notre-Dame-de-la-Merci, St-Donat, or St-Come, for example. Whatever you decide, be sure to support a club.

Enjoy your winter.

Club up around Wentworth would probably be Hibou Blanc. Personally I usually split my trail pass between the Club Motoneige Ile Bizard and Club des Lynx. One year I buy from 1 and then from the other the next. Usually you can leave from Ile Bizard about the second week of January and cross the river- then head up north, east or west. Great starting point for West Islanders. The general accepteddeal is you buy your trail pass from the club that you will be using their trails the most.

• 1 month later...
Hello all,

Hello and welcome to web site i sell passes for the hibou blanc club (pine hill and lake louisa area ) I like to buy where i ride and have been helping this club for years to keep these trails open and to open some new ones . otherwise every one has to use 33 and that is a traffic nightmere . if interested call me 450 458 7211 HUDSON AREA or if you want i can set you up with a director up their