Joncas

GT Rider

That sucks. We usually stay there. What's up with fuel now?

Last year we pulled up to Rabaska at about 5:00 to find their staff building burning down. Pretty awful but the owner, a woman that I don't remember her name seemed to take it in stride. Still served us dinner and took time to talk with us. She was happy no one was hurt. Why do these places seem to burn down? She did say the fireman got there 45 minutes after the call, which she said was great. I guess any fire will be fully engulfed in that time.

Was nice place for sure

Expensive too was way too much

Still hate to see any options disappear from the trails

I would imagine there will be a gas stop there one way or another

no food or rooms but gas is easy.

Trailer,generator,tank,and pump bush gas

there were many buildings there they all can't be gone

was not a forest fire was contained to the lodge as I understand

Thats to bad what a great place.Gas will still be easy to get.We talked to people at the toronto show that said the gas stop that was a little way up through the park trail to Valdor.has been moved to the T in trail at 63.

Thats to bad what a great place.Gas will still be easy to get.We talked to people at the toronto show that said the gas stop that was a little way up through the park trail to Valdor.has been moved to the T in trail at 63.

Interesting about the gas

When was the toronto show snowfarmer?

Just seems a bit odd that they would put the gas there at the T of tq 63 as you said (I know where you mean)

Who gave the info on this new gas stop? who are the "people at the toronto show"? Club? Tourism?

just curious I know a couple seasons back there was a gas halfway or so through the park it was a shack with generator and tank was closed this last year.

It's like they knew Joncas would not be open for the gas stop? Or maybe it's just a coincidence.

Can't see another gas there to compete with Joncas

they had the market cornered so to say down there for sure.

They sure do have a heck of alot of fires up in Quebec that is for sure

The two guys were running the booth for that central region.Never got a card but how we got on the topic of fuel was trip planning.I was trying to figure could we make it from temiscaming to rapide des joachims then to val- dor in one day with fuel stops.We were asking could we make from rapide des joachims to the little stop on the reserve trail so we wouldnt have to go into joncus then back track.WE ask about the fuel stop just south of 63 on the new labeled 386 that use to be there.They told us it not there anymore but there would be one at the 63 / reserve trail.Then the next gas would be the reserve itself.Thats what we were told.

• 2 weeks later...

that's pretty good !

keep us informed.

There should be another place in operation next winter.The place is called http://pourvoirielaverendrye.com/

It is located between Le Domaine and Regional 386.They are advertising on our local map for 2009-10 season.

I'll have more details down the stretch......

WOW! That was some fire. That was a real nice, expensive place. Have they determined the cause? Lightning or human? Iceman's right, seems there's always a strategic fire up there. Glad to hear there will still be an operation there this year, even if on a smaller scale.

• 2 weeks later...
Bad news. There was a fire at Joncas. I stopped there last winter it was very nice. Gas will be a problem.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/tra...rx5n8t4Gte7qodQ

Too bad to see anything like that happen to anyone. Is it true that place is owned by a Hockey player?The real bad part is that trail always sucked before so i guess they will never groom it now. :sad:

Too bad to see anything like that happen to anyone. Is it true that place is owned by a Hockey player?The real bad part is that trail always sucked before so i guess they will never groom it now. :sad:

The trail will be groomed and the joncas will operate this year.

There should be another place in operation next winter.The place is called http://pourvoirielaverendrye.com/

It is located between Le Domaine and Regional 386.They are advertising on our local map for 2009-10 season.

I'll have more details down the stretch......

this outfitter has also purchased a groomer and will do the section leadin to the camps.

The trail will be groomed and the joncas will operate this year.

this outfitter has also purchased a groomer and will do the section leadin to the camps.

that would be great that area was always rough

The principle owner's name is mentioned in the newspaper article above. Google his name .....pretty interesting reading on where the $ came from to build the lodge orginally.

• 10 months later...

The principle owner's name is mentioned in the newspaper article above. Google his name .....pretty interesting reading on where the $ came from to build the lodge orginally.

Just wondering, :mellow: rebuilt?

• 2 months later...