Primary clucth on Ski-Doo

GTSE800

As some of you know, I had won the clucth tool kit at the QR summer Get Together in 08.

A good friend of mine helped me doo a lot of PM on my sled that summer and the sled ran great 08/09 season.

We was able to take apart, clean and inspect the secondary clucth.

However, when we tried to remove the primary clucth, it would not move.

We poured boiling water on the clucth to expand it while putting a lot of pressure on the removal bolt, but it would not move at all. So we left it alone.

Started to work on sled again, getting her ready for the 09/10 season,

After looking at the primary clucth, I noticed it's full of belt debris.

Blew a belt last season , now I know where all the belt debris went, the clucth is loaded big time.

I want to take the clucth off, but don't want to break the crank.

Any tips on how to safely remove? any help would be great........

-do you have a clutch holder?

-do you have a Heat Gun?

-I assume you have a clutch puller?

I remove the retaining bolt, apply oil to the threads of the puller, apply a dab of grease to the tip of the puller, insert and tighten, Warm the inner clutch half, hold the clutch and tighten some more, I have used a impact, but rarely.

-becarful with the heat gun or use boiling water.

-My Mach is the worst to get off.

-Also you could take it to a dealer and have them remove it?

Let me know.

GutZ

I'd avoid using a hammer as it can cause damage to the crank bearings. You really need a good clutch holder and clutch puller that a lot of torque can be applied to. Some guys have had good success with an impact gun or using a propane torch gently heating the clutch main shaft and sheaves while putting tension on the puller.

once the puller is tught, hit the end of the puller with a hammer to shock it, the grease on the end of the puller will help alot, it the clutch has never been off before he first time is usually alot harder

This is the trick, this is what the dealers do when they have a stubborn clutch. This is also what they taught us in the schools. Make sure the threads on the puller are lubed.

This is the trick, this is what the dealers do when they have a stubborn clutch. This is also what they taught us in the schools. Make sure the threads on the puller are lubed.

Grease is good...its the hammer part that isn't. Can't believe ski-doo would recommend the hammer part. You can flat spot the crank bearings if hit hard enough.