what is in your bag

coldsmoke1

i started getting around my stuff today to go in my saddle bags has me thinking do i have every thing i nead so im starting a list of whats in my bag now

spare gloves

a bunch of face masks

one full set of ridding gear

bomber hat

a bunch of cords for viser plug

a test light

flashlights

razer knife

knifes

a folding buck saw

a few hack saw blades

fire starter

basic tools

stuff to fix my helmet

duct tape

e tape

lock tight

jb weld

maps for all quebec maine and n b

bissness cards

bunch of fuses

lighter

extra clips for the bags

bunge cords

pullstrap

winch when i go with dear old dad lol

hand muffs

please add to the list of whats in your bag

:drinks:

Immodium (anti-diarrhea) - don't laugh - at least one person in group should have it...

Advil / Aleve (for less than perfect rides - better to "pre-medicate"

Quart of oil, can of dry-gas

TP

Edit - I meant that at least one person should have immodium, not diarrhea....

Some pretty good stuff, but man do guys pull a trailer or what?jpkemtp you had me rolling with that one about the Immodium :lol: and smclelan I never thought about the extendable magnet but I do ride a Yamaha so I guess I just don't get to work on my sled on the trail as much :rofl: Just kidding don't want to start anything with that comment. On a more serious note I would add a siphon hose. Don't need them much anymore but you never know. Also if you need to make a fire in a pinch that grey birch bark stuff that seems to just fall off the trees lights up like it's been soaked in gas. :drinks:

Immodium (anti-diarrhea) - don't laugh - at least one person in group should have it...

TP

lol ok then we should never forget the toilet paper

would make for a shi$$y day lol

TP

X2 on the Immodium, there's been a few times where my sled wouldn't move without them :shok:

Some pretty good stuff, but man do guys pull a trailer or what?jpkemtp you had me rolling with that one about the Immodium :lol: and smclelan I never thought about the extendable magnet but I do ride a Yamaha so I guess I just don't get to work on my sled on the trail as much :rofl: Just kidding don't want to start anything with that comment. On a more serious note I would add a siphon hose. Don't need them much anymore but you never know. Also if you need to make a fire in a pinch that grey birch bark stuff that seems to just fall off the trees lights up like it's been soaked in gas. :drinks:

I have a Yammy too :good: ...so let's not forget about those jumper cables, no pull cord on those 4 strokes. I carry a set of mini ones, needed to use them a couple times up in Abitabi. I elliminated notorios electric visor cables when i puchased a bomby helmet, best investment yet.

- A basic first aid kit

- Some disposable surgical gloves

- a handkerchief

- and hope I don't need them. The gloves can come in handy if you have to help someone change a belt on the trail - or even siphon gas. (I don't like to put dirty hands back into my gloves if I can avoid it.

I have a Yammy too :good: ...so let's not forget about those jumper cables, no pull cord on those 4 strokes. I carry a set of mini ones, needed to use them a couple times up in Abitabi. I elliminated notorios electric visor cables when i puchased a bomby helmet, best investment yet.

yes, X2 on the mini jumpers I also use a modular helmet for about 7 years. I don't understand why anyone would mess with the heated shield when it's not needed. :D :D

yes, X2 on the mini jumpers I also use a modular helmet for about 7 years. I don't understand why anyone would mess with the heated shield when it's not needed. :D :D

I also bought a Bombardier Modular helmet used it about 5 years, but I got tired of the pads, the terrible air leaks that helmet has and the rubber face mask that would occationally leak and fog up my face shield. Last year I went back to a full face polaris cyclone helmet and yes I have a heated shield with a cord. But it is comfortable and warm.

Almost forgot, some great tips! There are some things I would of never thought about. Going to stick some Immodium in the bag this weekend.

good idea about the jumper cables where did you get your mini cables at

and yes i love my bvs 2 but i still use it with a cord on frosty mornings

i forgot the mini shovel for the list

Edited by coldsmoke1

I also carry a couple of hand warmers, just in case the handle bars should not work.

Also a couple books of matches. The lighter does not always work in the extreme cold.

I also carry a tow rope. Had to tow my buddies yammi back to Shabougamo last year. We can't all be doo riders. LOL

x2 on the hand warmers i also use toe warmers cents i got frost bite on my feet years ago they get cold easy with out them

im undecided if i should Cary a jerry can on the 1200 this year ?

tip instead of using the pads for a brp helmet take one and trace it on a shamwow do a few thats all you nead

when it gets wet just ring it out

and yes i love my bvs 2 but i still use it with a cord on frosty mornings

i forgot the mini shovel for the list

I know Yamaha dealer's carry a nice set but I have got some similar ones vendors at car shows/flea market. I would think Napa could get them. :good:

I also bought a Bombardier Modular helmet used it about 5 years, but I got tired of the pads, the terrible air leaks that helmet has and the rubber face mask that would occationally leak and fog up my face shield. Last year I went back to a full face polaris cyclone helmet and yes I have a heated shield with a cord. But it is comfortable and warm.

Almost forgot, some great tips! There are some things I would of never thought about. Going to stick some Immodium in the bag this weekend.

Never had the air leaks but mine is not a bombardier. I know the original ones were very heavy but mine is not, also mine never freezes at the outlet. And I have ridden in -35 F and have never had the shield freeze or fog even if I sneeze inside it. I guess I got lucky and got a good one, I never even really did any research, just went to the Yamaha dealer and got one. My wife used to have problems from the cold air swelling her eyes up but she went to the same helmet and she loves it too. :drinks:

Edited by viper2

Also for a Yamaha 4 stroke maybe a couple key tools as the tool kit leaves alot to be desired. 10mm socket extension and rachet, to take headlight/cowl off to access battery and air box if necessary, metric allen socket or even a ball driver would be better to loosen/tighten bolts on airbox boots ?4mm I think maybe 5mm. Also a couple spare screws for the windsheild (Apex) damned plastic. :wacko: That's my one peeve about this has to be lighter mentality the only think light and cheap is plastic we are asking the manufacturers to make us scrap. :nea:

I got mine at the dealer, but i'm sure with all the 4 stokes hitting the market lately there's some after market supplier out there reselling them.

You guys have most everything one could hope for.

Here are a few items that I carry in addition.

- Water Proof Matches

- Mechanics Wire, works great in conjunction with the duct tape or electrical tape.

- Electrical Tape - SUGGESTION use ONLY Scotch 3M "33+" or "Super 88" this stuff works great in the cold, I know because I am an electrician. Can be bought at Home Depot, be prepared it is expensive when compared to the cheap stuff.

- I have a spare set of carbide runners hidden under the hood, I run an aftermarket ski so finding a replacement would be almost impossible.

- SPOT Messanger - Have not had to use it yet, but there are many areas that I ride that have ZERO cell service, hope to never have to use it either.

There is always something I forget or should have keep the suggestions comming.

Flaging tape/caution tape.....just incase you come across a trail hazard...you can flag the area so the next group has some warning!