Gaspe Trip - Gear list - any suggestions??

snowpromod

Hi All,

We were planning on doing the Gaspe tour the first week of March, we have a week in Jan off for sledding and no destination planned - if everything pans out conditions wise we might bump the Gaspe trip up to Jan 8-16! This will be our first Gaspe adventure and I was wondering if some veterans could share there gear lists with a rookie. Space is limited and it seems like we will need to pack wisely!!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, we will have a group of 4-6!

Bring everything you would normally bring for a multiday saddelbag trip. towrope, extra oil, etc. Are you doing the interior or the exterior of the peninsula? Make sure to also stay at Ken's place in Perce (it called the Fleur de Leys, i knoe I spelled it worng but you get the idea)

I would strongly suggest that whatever clothes you bring be sure to put them in plastic bags. I used to put a day's worth of T shirt, socks and shorts in one quart size Zip Lock bag. I would also suggest that you bring slippers or sneaks. After riding all day its nice to put your feet in your favorite comfy slippers, shoes or sneaks.

X2 on the plastic ziploc bags. I always do that and then put everything in a kitchen size garbage bag, you never know what kind of conditions you will run into. Also make sure you have supplies to repair gear if ness. Sewing kit,duct tape,plastic cable ties,rubber bungees, and anything in duplicate that you use to strap your bags on with. :drinks:

The trick is not to forget anything you don't need.

If this is your 1st ever saddlebag trip here are a few suggestions.

* I always use 2 bungies to help hold the saddlebags in place, keeps them from bouncing and tearing if you get on something rough, not Groomers trails. Stretch them from running board to running board.

* Find a place for extra oil, OEM oils are hard to find at times, not suggested to carry in saddlebags.

* A tow rope, extra plugs, basic tools, mechanics wire, zip ties, fuses, isopropel, flashlight, extra maps, phone numbers and a list of places to stay while on the trip.

* hand gauntlets, if the warmers die these will make the trip bearable.

* A camera is a must for this area.

* A tall windshield, again if it gets real frosty this can make a day more enjoyable.

* use plastic bags for your clothes as suggested, and also some slippers or sneaks, boot liners just dont cut it.

* A swim suit, many of the places have pools or hot tubs or saunas

When you finish packing your gear, ask yourself what do you think your buds missed and then pack some spares.

The trick is not to forget anything you don't need.

If this is your 1st ever saddlebag trip here are a few suggestions.

* I always use 2 bungies to help hold the saddlebags in place, keeps them from bouncing and tearing if you get on something rough, not Groomers trails. Stretch them from running board to running board.

* Find a place for extra oil, OEM oils are hard to find at times, not suggested to carry in saddlebags.

* A tow rope, extra plugs, basic tools, mechanics wire, zip ties, fuses, isopropel, flashlight, extra maps, phone numbers and a list of places to stay while on the trip.

* hand gauntlets, if the warmers die these will make the trip bearable.

* A camera is a must for this area.

* A tall windshield, again if it gets real frosty this can make a day more enjoyable.

* use plastic bags for your clothes as suggested, and also some slippers or sneaks, boot liners just dont cut it.

Very good list I like the tall windshield, I have seen many guys go home with their tail between their legs after the trip to Quebec they either didn't relize the importance of a high windshield or did'nt want to sacrifice the cool look (Dumbass') Many never to return to Paradise :good:

When you finish packing your gear, ask yourself what do you think your buds missed and then pack some spares.