extra gas on a yamaha

NHsrx701

This year I'm running an attack and I have been reading about the gas mileage. some good and some not so good. The rx warrior y I have does very well...average 18, highest almost 21 (realy firm conditions) worst 14 mpg and that was with temps above 40 with a lot of wide open running in pittsburg and then in the racing on back lake. I can count on 16 almost all the time. So seeing the apex/attak numbers I kinda had some concern that around 130 miles or so I might be walking. Last year we had a trail reroute through Monet......my warrior made it to gas with 6 liters to spare...The apex RTX in the group behind us didn't. I know when we left 1000 lakes and stopped for gas down the trail the apex was 2.5l more than my warrior. I see the 09 sdi take 17.3...the 07 dsi took 18.3 and the warrior took around 20

Years ago I was running vmax4's 750's....at 115 miles it was out of gas. (very constitant 11 to 12 mpg..so I bought a product called called fuel pack. I only used them a few times with the srx's

I don't have any pictures and will need a few day to post some but I found away to mount them and you won't even know they are there and it doesn't look stupid. (gotta look good) The nice thing is that when the gas can is not being used the bag can still be used as extra storage...

It adds 2.5 gallons (each pack holds 1.25)

this is the product

http://www.partsforatvs.com/shopcart/?p=2506

I will have to get some pictures up!

anyways by the numbers 12 mpg/12 gallon=144 and 15mpg/12gallons=180 and 18 mpg/12gallons= 216 (not expecting 18 )

This year I'm running an attack and I have been reading about the gas mileage. some good and some not so good. The rx warrior y I have does very well...average 18, highest almost 21 (realy firm conditions) worst 14 mpg and that was with temps above 40 with a lot of wide open running in pittsburg and then in the racing on back lake. I can count on 16 almost all the time. So seeing the apex/attak numbers I kinda had some concern that around 130 miles or so I might be walking. Last year we had a trail reroute through Monet......my warrior made it to gas with 6 liters to spare...The apex RTX in the group behind us didn't. I know when we left 1000 lakes and stopped for gas down the trail the apex was 2.5l more than my warrior. I see the 09 sdi take 17.3...the 07 dsi took 18.3 and the warrior took around 20

Years ago I was running vmax4's 750's....at 115 miles it was out of gas. (very constitant 11 to 12 mpg..so I bought a product called called fuel pack. I only used them a few times with the srx's

I don't have any pictures and will need a few day to post some but I found away to mount them and you won't even know they are there and it doesn't look stupid. (gotta look good) The nice thing is that when the gas can is not being used the bag can still be used as extra storage...

this is the product

anyways by the numbers 12 mpg/12 gallon=144 and 15mpg/12gallons=180 and 18 mpg/12gallons= 216 (not expecting 18 )

We went through that same reroute last year unknowingly ourselves, My Mach made it 140 miles, the apex ran out at 133 and the 600 sdl ran out 200 yards from the pumps in Clova. Nothing like a jerry can!

I have an'09 Apex GT and ON a hard smooth trail I could get darn close to 18 MPG. Now this would def. be at a liesurely pace (mostly 60-65MPH occasionally faster for a short burst) Also I only weigh 160 lb. so you have to consider that. I don't know about the Attak but I assume they have the same tank and it is not 10 gal. more like 9.5, the Apex RTX that rides with us def. gets less MPG. :drinks:

Here is another product but it looks like they may not have one for your model. Probably not as versatile either.

http://www.tourbuddy.com/model.shtml

X2 never leave home without it...On new XP 600 e-tec I will have almost 300 mile range... :yahoo:

this is the product

.. .. . . Might want to re-read the info from the website: it says 1.25gal/PAIR - that's not much . . . but better than nothing I guess :good:

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54

The add was written wrong. They are 1.25 gallons per tank for a totall of 2.5 gallons. Mine are from pioneer outdoor products. From what I just read on the internet pioneer was aquired by koplin. google search kolpin fuel packs.