Gloves

Signfan

I have purchased 3 different pair of new gloves, all different brands and I keep going back to my old Reima's. They are warmer, more pliable and the guantlet's require no extra functions to get them in place. Wish I had bought another pair before they quit making them.

I’ve had good luck with Klim gloves.  When it is cold, 10 and below, I used gauntlets.  A few years back I bought my wife a pair of Klim mittens.  Her hands would get cold easily and she did not feel comfortable using gauntlets.  One night we were on our way back to the truck after having dinner.  It was minus 10.  She had her mittens on, I was just wearing gloves.  My gauntlets were in my bag.  I didn’t feel like putting them on figuring it was only 15 miles back.  My hands were getting pretty cold and I stopped a few times to see if she was ok.  Each time she said her hands were toasty warm.  We got back to the truck and my hands were hurting cold.  My wife took off her mittens and put her hand to my cheek. Her hands were toasty warm.  I decided to give mittens a try and bought a pair of Klim Caribou mittens.  It’s unbelievable how warm your hands are in mittens vs. gloves.  The guys in my group all made fun of me at first…do those mittens come in pink, etc. etc.  Funny how they all have mittens now.  I’m a fan of Klim products.  All six of us are head to toe…and hands walking Klim billboards.  

Skidoo Handlebar Gaunlets and Klim gloves, keep bar heater on low and in most cases all is good.

Allows for Dexterity and easy on and off the sled, and giving the finger is much easier.... I mean using the fingers to denote the sleds behind me is easier.

Like these:

https://www.klim.com/Inversion-Glove-3161-003?quantity=1&color=1172

GutZ

Edited by MrGutz

Mittens are the only thing I will ever wear. Last year in early Feb. it was the coldest I have ever riden in and my hands really took a beaten. so much that after a couple thousand miles of riding two weeks later I came down with Carpo Tunnel Sindrum. At least the doctor said the riding and the cold hurt some nerves in my hand. So anyway, I have always used mittens when it was really cold but last year I told myself I did need them. Never again.

I cant wear bulky gloves. Dont like leather gloves or mittens at all. Everyones different.

I find Cabelas Pinnacle Primoloft gloves to be a great blend of comfort and warmth while being both light and not restrictive. Ive had several pair over the years. I buy them end of season at 1/2 off. Come black, black/tan, black/gray. I get black/ tan since they are easiest to spot if I put them down. 😉 

Additionally I keep both these items in my trunk bag. I use Coldguards most of the season to block wind. Also gauntlet but rarely, only in real extreme cold they cant be beat. I loan them out to others more than use them myself. Both go on/off in no time and take up barely any trunk space folding flat. No fun if your hands are frozen !

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-pinnacle-gloves-for-men

• 1 month later...

Bought FXR heated gloves last year and a second set of batteries.

I've ridden in -50C temps, for 12 hour rides, for a few  different years so I got to try different setups.

Had quality gloves, native made mitts over them, with chemical heater packs jammed inside.

High end mitts only and thin gloves, with heater packs.

If you have the ability to get the heated FXR gloves, they do work, well.

We'd stop and need to do something that meant your hands are exposed to the outside for some time. I'd dial the gloves up to max while off my hands, and they'd heat up and warm the fingers up quickly once back in the gloves. A little bulky, but a good trade off.

They are 110V to recharge. I found a 12v to 110v inverter that fits in the skidoo glovebox and charge the batteries, but didn't need to use it as the batteries lasted until we got to the next hotel.

When I was 30 I could keep my hands in the snow all day long and still be fine.

At 50 my fingers are not so forgiving.