Directions to Ice Hotel

fredsleds

Hi all...new to this forum...from SW PA where we are having our best winter in 10 years...tons of lake effect snow and good riding.

I am going to be staying at Motel Safari for a week at the end of the month. We would like to take a ride to the Ice Hotel near Quebec City. I know how to get to trail 23 towards Quebec City, but, not really sure from there. If anyone could help with specific directions, I would appreciate it. Also, does anyone know if you can have lunch there or do you have to be staying there? If not, any recommendations for a good restaurant near by would be great.

I have a GPS trail map on a Garmin, but have not used it yet. So if anyone knows the town the hotel is near I think we could find it witht he GPS. It looks like this is doable for a day trip.

Thanks you so much!

Fredsleds

Hi all...new to this forum...from SW PA where we are having our best winter in 10 years...tons of lake effect snow and good riding.

I am going to be staying at Motel Safari for a week at the end of the month. We would like to take a ride to the Ice Hotel near Quebec City. I know how to get to trail 23 towards Quebec City, but, not really sure from there. If anyone could help with specific directions, I would appreciate it. Also, does anyone know if you can have lunch there or do you have to be staying there? If not, any recommendations for a good restaurant near by would be great.

I have a GPS trail map on a Garmin, but have not used it yet. So if anyone knows the town the hotel is near I think we could find it witht he GPS. It looks like this is doable for a day trip.

Thanks you so much!

Fredsleds

Assuming that you are coming from the west on trail 3, you pass thru Pont-Rouge staying on 3 thru the intersection of 3 and 73. Roughly 3-5 miles past this intersection is a trail intersection in the middle of a large field with 3 east going to the right. go straight at this intersection. There is a sign for the Ice hotel. Go 3-4 miles and you are there. Good place to eat there called the Duchesnay which is 200 yards up the hill fromthe Ice Hotel. Admission this year is $16.00 but there is a buy 1 get 1 coupon on the back of the Jaques Cartier trail map

Assuming that you are coming from the west on trail 3, you pass thru Pont-Rouge staying on 3 thru the intersection of 3 and 73. Roughly 3-5 miles past this intersection is a trail intersection in the middle of a large field with 3 east going to the right. go straight at this intersection. There is a sign for the Ice hotel. Go 3-4 miles and you are there. Good place to eat there called the Duchesnay which is 200 yards up the hill fromthe Ice Hotel. Admission this year is $16.00 but there is a buy 1 get 1 coupon on the back of the Jaques Cartier trail map

Thank you for the excellent directions!

Fred,

It looks like I will be able to make a run up to meet you for a couple days with one friend. Would like to make the run to the HI with you guys. Any idea when you think you might be making this run? What does it look like to meet you Wednesday night, and make the run up to the HI on Thursday, ride Mont Valin Friday and back to Safari on Saturday?

Shane

Fred,

It looks like I will be able to make a run up to meet you for a couple days with one friend. Would like to make the run to the HI with you guys. Any idea when you think you might be making this run? What does it look like to meet you Wednesday night, and make the run up to the HI on Thursday, ride Mont Valin Friday and back to Safari on Saturday?

Shane

Shane,

It would be better for us to make the run on Tuesday AM and get back Thursday....we plan on leaving Friday AM....let me know your plans...

Here are the Coordinates for the Ice Hotel:

N46 52.048 W71 38.534

This is in the sled parking lot at the Hotel !

Have Fun, it is exactly 100 miles from motel Safari to the hotel one way. Stop at Rogers cabin on the way back for a great meal or go downtown Shawinigan to Pub 57

Here are the Coordinates for the Ice Hotel:

N46 52.048 W71 38.534

This is in the sled parking lot at the Hotel !

Have Fun, it is exactly 100 miles from motel Safari to the hotel one way. Stop at Rogers cabin on the way back for a great meal or go downtown Shawinigan to Pub 57

Great...Thank you for the coordinates....this should be a fairly easy day trip....do you know the current conditions near Motel Safari....kind of hard to tell from the FCMQ website...

Thanks,

Fred