Trail Conditions 2010

Saguenay Bill

Hi All

My 1st day in Paradise for this season. Rode with Fireboy and his 2 buds. We got off to a late start so we only logged 160 miles. Trails were only OK this morning but by afternoon we were on some good trails. Last year I saw that some clubs were not grooming on Sunday nights. Ièm seeing more of that so far after one day this year. Guess the cost of groomers, the operator and diesel is having an effect. However 160 miles in 5 and one half hours isnèt too bad for a 72 year old. We had about 2 inches of fluff this morning and a high of 14F. This afternoon about 4PM the temp dropped from 11F to 0F at 5PM. Going to try to go around the Lake tomorrow. Will se how we make out with that.

Bill

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

My 1st day in Paradise for this season. Rode with Fireboy and his 2 buds. We got off to a late start so we only logged 160 miles. Trails were only OK this morning but by afternoon we were on some good trails. Last year I saw that some clubs were not grooming on Sunday nights. Ièm seeing more of that so far after one day this year. Guess the cost of groomers, the operator and diesel is having an effect. However 160 miles in 5 and one half hours isnèt too bad for a 72 year old. We had about 2 inches of fluff this morning and a high of 14F. This afternoon about 4PM the temp dropped from 11F to 0F at 5PM. Going to try to go around the Lake tomorrow. Will se how we make out with that.

Bill

What time are you leaving tomorrow morning? Maybe we will join you for an attempt around the lake.

Today Fireboy, Jim, Eugene and I put on 240 miles doing the Tour du Lac St Jean. We got around the lake very well. trails were very good. 240 miles in 8 hours of riding with 3 gas stops, 3 pee breaks. You guys need to come on up. Don't hold back riding is great.

Today Fireboy, Jim, Eugene and I put on 240 miles doing the Tour du Lac St Jean. We got around the lake very well. trails were very good. 240 miles in 8 hours of riding with 3 gas stops, 3 pee breaks. You guys need to come on up. Don't hold back riding is great.

Hey Bill, Glad your back in your Paradise. What did you think of the Penn State win versus LSU? I was there. Looking forward to our visit with Andyman. The Skipper

Was there a lunch break in that ride? That's a pretty good day there Bill, did you stay on the 93 all the way around? Dave

Hi Bill,

Glad to see you posting once again. It means sledding time is here :yahoo: . We hope your sleds are running good.

Sandi and I were up Christmas to New Year and it was good early season riding. Our annual first trip.

We are planning on staying at the HI the weekend of Jan 23rd / 24th. We will see you then.

Jack & Sandi :D

Was there a lunch break in that ride? That's a pretty good day there Bill, did you stay on the 93 all the way around? Dave

We always stop for lunch, it's an hour break. I ride a lot of the ORANGE Trails. Good trails=good times.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Glad to see you posting once again. It means sledding time is here :yahoo: . We hope your sleds are running good.

Sandi and I were up Christmas to New Year and it was good early season riding. Our annual first trip.

We are planning on staying at the HI the weekend of Jan 23rd / 24th. We will see you then.

Jack & Sandi :D

Jack

Look forward to see you and Sandi.

Bill

Today it was quite cold. -15F this morning. Got off to a late start, one Yami didn't like the cold. Anway we rode 185 miles between 10AM and 4:30PM. Went to Mont valin via 93 and back Bras Louis, 93 to 328. Trails were next to perfect. Mostly all were freshly groomed. Had lunch at KM 31. Saw 2 differnt bunches of cops on sleds. Watch your speed on 93 when around Mont Valin. They are out.

We went to one of the new lookouts, the one on Bras Louis. Very very nice. I would recommend that you visit this one for sure. Very easy to get to as well.

Edited by Saguenay Bill

Bill

Keep the reports coming, glad to see you back in Paradise. Jon and I will be riding this weekend in the western Pa allegheny forest areas with the families. We will see you next Friday night 1/29/10 at the HI about 4-6 pm with my 3 riders,look for the big trailer to come in for a landing. need 1 trail pass for 7days and plan to ride with you on Sat. Jan. 23, Can't wait!!!! :yahoo:

Bill

Keep the reports coming, glad to see you back in Paradise. Jon and I will be riding this weekend in the western Pa allegheny forest areas with the families. We will see you next Friday night 1/29/10 at the HI about 4-6 pm with my 3 riders,look for the big trailer to come in for a landing. need 1 trail pass for 7days and plan to ride with you on Sat. Jan. 23, Can't wait!!!! :yahoo:

That is Firday Night the 22nd lets not push is back I am ready now, Wish we could go for two weeks, But the boss would not appreciate that.

Schooter

Today Fireboy, Jim, Eugene and I rode 150 miles. One of Yammies was running hot so we had to get it checked out which took about an hour. trails were very good, freshly groomed. It was -15F this morning and up to +12F this afternoon.

Where are all you riders. I am here with nobody to ride with this weekend. I won`t get my 10,000 at this rate. I need help.

LMAO

Bill

Sorry not there to ride with you . Was going to be there this friday but due to some technical problems like someone forgot to put snap ring on drive shaft from factory have to have it repair put me off schedule . Will be there monday I'am sure we can make up a few extra miles to get you back on goal. : :drinks::clapping: ::

Edited by farmerold

Sorry not there to ride with you . Was going to be there this friday but due to some technical problems like someone forgot to put snap ring on drive shaft from factory have to have it repair put me off schedule . Will be there monday I'am sure we can make up a few extra miles to get you back on goal. : :drinks::clapping: ::

Dave

Got your message, see you Monday.

Bill

Bill,

Me and the boys will be at the HI on 1/24. We look forward to having a beer and saying hello. We look forward to getting your up to the minute riding conditions. I'll watch your daily posts all week. I love that you are specific about where you ride each day on your 150 to 250 miles?

We appreciate your sending us our trail passes while vacationing.

See you in a week.

Doo D

That is Firday Night the 22nd lets not push is back I am ready now, Wish we could go for two weeks, But the boss would not appreciate that.

Schooter

Thanks for the date correction shooter, especially since the reservations are already in.

Dale

Only rode 100 miles today. Had to do some Choko NewEngland business this morning. No one to ride with so I stayed close to the HI. Trails were good, weather was 29F with a 10-15MPH wind but no sun. Hockey Tourament is going on in town, place is full of drunk adults and kids with no supervision. Nice thing is none are on the 10th floor.

This morning at 8AM I thought todaywas going to be a wasted day but low and behold at 8:05 who should appear but Team Butt Paste. They were nice enough to let and old man, me, tag along behind them. We went up to Onatchiway, across La Cache, down Bras Louis, 93 to the orange trail that goes across the Saguenay. We rode 175 miles. We had about 3 inches of snow in town and 6 to 8 at Onatchiway. Temp was +28F this morning and at 5PM it was +2F. Cops were out training on Bras Louis today.