Trail Conditions 2010

Saguenay Bill

sas,John and I rode 160 miles today. We had coffee at the La Bouleauniere, went down 383 to 83, gas at St Felix, cut across Local Trail 21 to 383 and had lunch at La Bouleauniere. Great day, great trails. Got back so we could watch the Daytona 500.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, sas, John and I rode 205 miles. We went to Spence, the local SD dealer, to have the B U D S system install the electronics to run the cooling fan. Went to Skooby Raid for lunch then on to Onatichaway and back.. Onatichway trail back to 328 was very bumpy. But still a good day.

I had the pleasure of riding sas's 2010 GSX SE 1200 for the day. All I can say is "goodbye 2 strokes, hello 4 strokes".

I am very impressed with the SD 1200.

258 miles today. 383 / 367 / 328 / 93 / 252 / 254 / 251 / 93 / 367 / 383

Stopped at summits Boivin, Sainte-Marguerite. Overcast day but who cares.

Went to Lac Canots found someone dug in and helped him out.

Trails were much smoother on the way back. The Groomers are out.

GT Rider

Looking forward to seeing you and the Mrs. She will look good in her new Choko gear for sure.

Bill

Bill,

We are coming to QC from NH on March 2nd and staying until the 5th. I was hoping to stay in St. Raymond the first night and then ride to the HI. Is this possible with the current conditions? Any recommendations on where to start from and stay? Where is the best place to get three day passes by the 1st?

Thank you,

Joe

Bill,

We are coming to QC from NH on March 2nd and staying until the 5th. I was hoping to stay in St. Raymond the first night and then ride to the HI. Is this possible with the current conditions? Any recommendations on where to start from and stay? Where is the best place to get three day passes by the 1st?

Thank you,

Joe

you can get your pass when you stay here , St. raymond

http://www.roquemont.com/welcome.html

Bill,

Thank you,

Joe

Joe

People are making the trip from St Raymond quite oftern. They report trails good at times and other times trails are rough. Depends on traffic. Me, I'd drive the extra 2 hours in a truck and not have to ride possible bad trails. Too each his lown. You can buy trails passes at most hotels and snowmobile dealerships in Quebec.

Bill

Today, Tuesday, sas, John, NH Rough Rider Bob, 3 of the Team Butt Paste and I "Tour du Lac St Jean". Team Butt Paste had boggie wheel problems but was able to get them replaced in Chambord. The way we went it was a 225 mile day. Trails were great, weather was low of 26F and high of 30F.

For you guys and gals who like to follow nice and close in the snow dust, this is what can happen when you do. The track had studs on it at one time. We saw several on the inside of the track loose.

post-2-1266400822.jpg

post-2-1266400839.jpg

Edited by Saguenay Bill

Joe

People are making the trip from St Raymond quite oftern. They report trails good at times and other times trails are rough. Depends on traffic. Me, I'd drive the extra 2 hours in a truck and not have to ride possible bad trails. Too each his lown. You can buy trails passes at most hotels and snowmobile dealerships in Quebec.

Bill

Thanks Bill. Do you sell three day passes?

Joe

Yesterday we had coffee at the Vauvert. When we went inside they were just rapping up a tape of the local Snowmobile Club and the Economic Dept of Quebec. The Club is getting a new groomer next year. The owners of the Vauvert are in the picture. Nice people so stop while going past it. Help support these folks so they are able to stay open during the winter.

post-2-1266409533.jpg

For you guys and gals who like to follow nice and close in the snow dust, this is what can happen when you do. The track had studs on it at one time. We saw several on the inside of the track loose.

What's the other sled look like? :pardon:

OUCH!!! hope everyone is OK.

Bill: Remember on Bras Louie when we let the rider in front go till we could not see his snow dust? This is exactly why we ride like that. Nirtofish taught us to keep WAY back...

Dom & I will be at HI 2/23-25... :yahoo:

sas, John, Claude and I rode 185 miles today. A section of 93 and 328 that one of the Caribou Club's groomer is responsible for was rough and I just found out that the groomer is broke down. Has been for down for 3 days. Figured that was why that section was so rough. Otherwise trails were good. Went to a look out in St rose today. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

Bill,

We are headed up your way on Saturday... should be a big group this time we are brining 3 newbies (They usually head to Maine) up north to introduce them to some real riding. Anyway Just wondering how the new trail up to Mont Valin is? I saw some really nice pictures from there in January but nothing since.

Happy trails

Bob

Today, Tuesday, sas, John, NH Rough Rider Bob, 3 of the Team Butt Paste and I "Tour du Lac St Jean". Team Butt Paste had boggie wheel problems but was able to get them replaced in Chambord. The way we went it was a 225 mile day. Trails were great, weather was low of 26F and high of 30F.

Thanks for the nice comments. We're like NASCAR except our pit stop lasted a little longer. Made it back to CT a little while ago. John will be dropping Kit's sled off at the dealer to see the damage. John, Mark and I might be up again for one night on March 6th.

Thanks for the nice comments. We're like NASCAR except our pit stop lasted a little longer. Made it back to CT a little while ago. John will be dropping Kit's sled off at the dealer to see the damage. John, Mark and I might be up again for one night on March 6th.

It's easy to say nice things about nice people like you guys. Glad your in CT, see you on March 06. You guys changed wheels just like a NASCAR Team.

Bill,

We are headed up your way on Saturday... should be a big group this time we are brining 3 newbies (They usually head to Maine) up north to introduce them to some real riding. Anyway Just wondering how the new trail up to Mont Valin is? I saw some really nice pictures from there in January but nothing since.

Happy trails

Bob

Bob

Check the weather for up here. Could be a problem. See for yourself.

Bill

sas, John, 182Ray, NHRR Bob and I rode 230 miles today. We had an unusal day today for sure. Weather was suppose to be scattered snow showers til noon then wet snow til 1PM then a mix of snow and rain. We left the HI at 7:45AM heading towards St Andre, about 5 miles from Saint Andre it started raining slightly. We back tracked to Ski-Bee-Doo, rain stopped. Had coffee at S B D and headed towards the Bouleauniere for lunch. Had lunch, no rain in sight, went down 383 to 83 and back to the HI. Stay away from 83 in Jonquiere, east of the HI and Chicoutimi, down to dirt in a lot of areas. 83 east from 368 is very good, 83 west of the HI is very good.