Trail Conditions 2010

Saguenay Bill

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill...you are our LIFELINE! PLEASE update us with GOOD NEWS! PLEEEEEEASE BILL!

Hi Bill,

We made it home a little while ago. Sandi said I had to unpack the truck before I could log on to QuebecRider. Leaving Jonquiere it was patches of ice for 50 miles or so. No freezing rain in the air though. The sun almost came out on the way to L’Etape. Just below L’Etape it started raining and rained on and off all the way home. Very foggy from mid Vermont to mid Mass.

Safe and sound at home again.

It was great to meet so many other QuebecRider members. :drinks:

We hope everyone else is in safe.

Jack & Sandi :D

Hi Bill,

We made it home a little while ago. Sandi said I had to unpack the truck before I could log on to QuebecRider. Leaving Jonquiere it was patches of ice for 50 miles or so. No freezing rain in the air though. The sun almost came out on the way to L’Etape. Just below L’Etape it started raining and rained on and off all the way home. Very foggy from mid Vermont to mid Mass.

Safe and sound at home again.

It was great to meet so many other QuebecRider members. :drinks:

We hope everyone else is in safe.

Jack & Sandi :D

Hi Jack and Sandi

Thanks for letting me know you made it home OK. Very light rain here most of the day and suppose to continue thru out the day today.

Bill

Hi Jack and Sandi

Thanks for letting me know you made it home OK. Very light rain here most of the day and suppose to continue thru out the day today.

Bill

Bill, We are expecting to come up Wednesday PM for 4 days of riding. We hope to make it to HI on Thursday. How has the rain effected the trails? blph

Bill, We are expecting to come up Wednesday PM for 4 days of riding. We hope to make it to HI on Thursday. How has the rain effected the trails? blph

I can not answer this as I haven`t been out. I am leaving for home tomorrow and back Thursday. Some guys have rode and you get different opinions from different guys. Sorry I can`t help you more at this time.

So no good updates till thrusday?? I plan to drive up on Friday for 8 days of ridding. Anyone have some good info out of the HI??

Are you ridding today then Bill?? You said you are headding home tomorrow so I am hopeing you will ride today and let us know...

LOL what a pain in the azz I am EH :D

Edited by Bill

So no good updates till thrusday?? I plan to drive up on Friday for 8 days of ridding. Anyone have some good info out of the HI??

Are you ridding today then Bill?? You said you are headding home tomorrow so I am hopeing you will ride today and let us know...

LOL what a pain in the azz I am EH :D

Stop fretting load up & go!!!

Bill and crew roughing it today at AUberge Du Ravage. Don't let him tell you that it's a tough life. :good:

The rain stopped during the night this morning. We left out about 9:30 this morning. In the first 20 miles we had to stop because of cooling problems. Not much traffic to break up the crust. After that we rode all day with no cooling problems at all. Before the freezing rain on Monday AM the groomers had been out so the trails were in great shape. We ended up the day with 160 miles.

Tonight I was suppose to me with people from Snowmobile TV. This was set up with the Tourism folks. Problem was the folks were riding in from Quebec City. They had a terrible time from what I got 3rd hand. Bridges were washed out and trails were washed out. They were at L Etape at 6:30PM, after leaving QC at 8AM. A truck was sent to pick them up at L Etape. I would certainly check before planning on doing any saddlebag trips.

I`ll have more info on Friday as I`m going back to NH tomorrow and will be back on Thursday.

Bill

The rain stopped during the night this morning. We left out about 9:30 this morning. In the first 20 miles we had to stop because of cooling problems. Not much traffic to break up the crust. After that we rode all day with no cooling problems at all. Before the freezing rain on Monday AM the groomers had been out so the trails were in great shape. We ended up the day with 160 miles.

Tonight I was suppose to me with people from Snowmobile TV. This was set up with the Tourism folks. Problem was the folks were riding in from Quebec City. They had a terrible time from what I got 3rd hand. Bridges were washed out and trails were washed out. They were at L Etape at 6:30PM, after leaving QC at 8AM. A truck was sent to pick them up at L Etape. I would certainly check before planning on doing any saddlebag trips.

I`ll have more info on Friday as I`m going back to NH tomorrow and will be back on Thursday.

Bill

Bill we had the same problem, we stopped at the power dam to cool the sleds down. I was also melting my sliders down, so we decided to turn back, that is when we passed you. I did not fair to well as I pulled into the HI my sliders where gone I could here metal on metal. So we loaded and headed home . I just pulled in 20 min. ago. The trails where not that bad, just need a little powder on them. Maybe I will make it back up in Feb. and fair a little better.

Bill we had the same problem, we stopped at the power dam to cool the sleds down. I was also melting my sliders down, so we decided to turn back, that is when we passed you. I did not fair to well as I pulled into the HI my sliders where gone I could here metal on metal. So we loaded and headed home . I just pulled in 20 min. ago. The trails where not that bad, just need a little powder on them. Maybe I will make it back up in Feb. and fair a little better.

Did you have to cut your trip short? By how many days? Man that sucks hopefully your next trip will be alot better. Check out the link on the ice scratchers I was considering it myself. :drinks:

Did you have to cut your trip short? By how many days? Man that sucks hopefully your next trip will be alot better. Check out the link on the ice scratchers I was considering it myself. :drinks:

Yes! By almost 3 days. I just picked a bad week. I am using today to figure out my problem, it was not the sliders! Cannot locate where the noise is coming from. I started changing evey bearing in the rear. I do not want to ruin my next trip, It has got to get better from here!

Well folks it was another bad day in paradise, due to our Ski-Doo 1200 GSX's and the junk trails conditions. All day Dad, Sig, and I had overheating issues and duck off into the powder too cool off. When we would have to run through town the temperature would climb right up and you would be overheating by the time we could find some powder. Then it got so bad that dad started pushing coolant out of the overflow. So we turned around 15 miles from the truckstop and headed back with Farmerold who was fine on temperature, but had a hole poked in his overflow jug. So we are loaded up and headed home tomorrow and won't be back until we can get our cooling issues straightened out.

Well folks it was another bad day in paradise, due to our Ski-Doo 1200 GSX's and the junk trails conditions. All day Dad, Sig, and I had overheating issues and duck off into the powder too cool off. When we would have to run through town the temperature would climb right up and you would be overheating by the time we could find some powder. Then it got so bad that dad started pushing coolant out of the overflow. So we turned around 15 miles from the truckstop and headed back with Farmerold who was fine on temperature, but had a hole poked in his overflow jug. So we are loaded up and headed home tomorrow and won't be back until we can get our cooling issues straightened out.

Ski doo has a new kit out for the 1200's ... has a radiator with a fan with all the parts to hook it up . may want to check it out.

Tell your Dad & Sig Deano says hi. Sorry to hear about cutting trip short. I was to come up Friday .Pushed it back a week.

Made it home safe and sound. Ran into snow through the park and hit some heavy stuff in southern Mass. all the way home. Sig talked to Garneau's and they have a kit to fix the overheating. It consists of a radiator, a shorter exhaust pipe, hoses and harness. Ski-Doo is selling it at cost for $120 but the full retail is upwards of $650. So we will wait and see about conditions up in Jonquiere and getting the cooling kit.

Does anyone have any updates on Jonquiere and the conditions since the recent snowfall? Thanks in advance.

Made it home safe and sound. Ran into snow through the park and hit some heavy stuff in southern Mass. all the way home. Sig talked to Garneau's and they have a kit to fix the overheating. It consists of a radiator, a shorter exhaust pipe, hoses and harness. Ski-Doo is selling it at cost for $120 but the full retail is upwards of $650. So we will wait and see about conditions up in Jonquiere and getting the cooling kit.

Let me get this straight! You pay 10 to 11 grand for a new sled, then you have to buy an aftermarket kit to cool the engine! What is up with that! Ski Doo should pay for it NOT YOU!

Wayne and I had a great ride with condition from good leaving the HI to exellent up north.

We left the HI on 383 to 367 to St. Ambroise jumped on 93 to St. Horone Fueled up back tracked 93 to local trail 134 we were the first sleds on 134 with a fresh 2 - 4 inches of snow, jumped on 328 east to 476 after ~ 15 k on 476 rode fresh 6" of powder again first ones to ride up to Onatchiway. Got to the Relais about noon. Headed west planing to go to Scooby Raid had to run the Road to the 53 K marker due to Logging, Road had > 6" of fresh powder over the Ice base.

Jumped on trail 484 got turned around several times due to limited trail markings. rode >40 K on unmarked trails turned around and finally found trail 482 by this time is was 3:30 so decised to skip Scooby Raid adn just head to the Ice Cave.

Then my GPS started to give me some problems and not familiar with the area stopped to find the problem, Broken Ground wire. After fixing drove south on 482 to 367 to 328 back up 476 to the ice Cave then back tracked from the Ice Cave to 328 to 134 to 93 to 267 to 383 From the Bridge crossing into the HI it was a little thin and had some MOGUL.

From the Ice Cave back to the HI it was snowing pretty hard ~1/2 hour. overall rating for the day 8 out of 10.

Schooter :drinks:

182Ray, Farmerold and I did 150 miles today out of the «holiday «inn after a very late start. Conditions were pretty good. 15 miles out of town had anythibng from a dusting to four inches of snow. The snow pack underneath is hard but good steering and traction. We all thought the riding was good. «many trees were coated with snow so it looked wintry and white. «no overheating and no slider problems.

A few ice spots but very few and far between.

«it is currently snowing hard outside and cold out.

«not the usual perfect conditions but still pretty good.

mike

Let me get this straight! You pay 10 to 11 grand for a new sled, then you have to buy an aftermarket kit to cool the engine! What is up with that! Ski Doo should pay for it NOT YOU!

My snowmobile (1200 ski-doo) stays nice and cool when it ride it in snow. 1800 miles so far never a problem.

Edited by dooright

X2 600IQHO that is unacceptable to me. :wacko: Maybe we are the minority or maybe you only get what you are willing to accept. Cornbinder, maybe if you had a set of those ice scratchers it would help? I have never used them but they sound like they really work. :drinks: