Cabanon

Trailblazer

Road friday tour de Lac Taurau,trails well groomed to the dam and the tour de lac trail untill Auberge Taurau from there to St.Michel was told it was a nightmare so we opted for the lake back. Saturday road up to Kanawata via the dam and back on the new 33 which doesn't head south from Manaoun anymore it takes off right from Repos down to the tour de Lac Taurau trail between the dam and Canadaventure and back to Cabanon via dam once again. Sunday headed south to St.Damien and Manderville what a mistake, after leaving Real Masses territory at the St.Damien gate the trail went to s%$t all the way over to Lac Blanc then it was as if we stepped off this planet and jumped on to another one,night and day i tell ya. Ausome well groomered trail back through Koubecs to Cabanon. Did 900klms on the weekend and will return for another sometime soon,as soon as we get more snow.

All should be advised it is getting sketchy for sure

need snow badly lots of trails just not enough snow and too much traffic from the weekend

Not sure what Monday will bring but definitly not sketchy just don't go too far south, did almost 1000mi. easily last week and plan to use same hyfax next trip. :good:

Suppose to go to Ste. michel on Wednesday morning not sure what to expect. I have seen on some posts that there is snow in HI not sure where they are referring too??We'll see what tomorrow brings....

The forcast for up there was for a very light snowfall after the rain ? couple inches. I would call up there and ask. I am not sure where you are staying but I always stay at LeCabanon and I trust them very much with thei report, they have told me in the past not to come so enough said there. If you call there ask for one of these people. Denis,Diane,Isabelle or Lynn. Hope this helps :drinks:

just found that pic on the french forum.guy said ,he left louiseville yesterday and he wanted to go up to the cabanon .he turned around 12 miles up after koubec.

lots of water on the trail ,up to 1 foot deep and 100 ' long .very sad !!

groomer !!!

• 1 month later...
I’m heading up to Le Cabanon this weekend, we may ride up to La Tuque and Parent.

Does anyone have a trail report for the area?

Check out my report in the general section. We left LeCabanon on Tues. 23rd for a saddlebag trip and returned Sun. 28th. They had got about a foot of snow in that time period but the temps. were warm. The 318 close to St. Michel was pretty beat, but above Taureau toward Repos and anything north of there was good. I would call up to LeCabanon and ask, you may have to drive right to Repos if it stayed warm. :drinks: