Hotel- Motel to Park Truck

mikeeo

Coming from Pembroke Febuary 15th looking to find a good place to start a four day trip,heading toward Mount Laurier, want to run approx 100-120 the first day, I am with the wife so speeding will not be an issue. Any info will help....Mike

You can park and leave from Mount Pellier, it is about 110 miles to Mount Laurier or 3 hours +-. Nice run through the park (asuming we get more snow!) I will have to dig up the name of the place but many people park & leave from there.

Coming from Pembroke Febuary 15th looking to find a good place to start a four day trip,heading toward Mount Laurier, want to run approx 100-120 the first day, I am with the wife so speeding will not be an issue. Any info will help....Mike

Leave from maniwaki , check snow after the rain monday , easy cruise for two up sled , and places to park.

Thanks for the info so far, I left from the Viceroy in Montpellier two years ago with the boys. Thought I would try to stage a little closer to Mt Laurier, the wife rides own machine but does not like to run more than 60 kph. Maybe I am best to drive to Manawaki?? any good places to stay the first anf lasyt night that will park to truck for four days.?

Thanks for the info so far, I left from the Viceroy in Montpellier two years ago with the boys. Thought I would try to stage a little closer to Mt Laurier, the wife rides own machine but does not like to run more than 60 kph. Maybe I am best to drive to Manawaki?? any good places to stay the first anf lasyt night that will park to truck for four days.?

You can stay at Auberge du Draveur or Chateau Logue in Maniwaki.Ever went up to Clova? about 175 miles from Maniwaki.Would be a nice ride for both of you if you don't mind venturing in remote areas.easy ride for her

Good to see wife likes to ride her own , parant and clova area is great sledding but i would not go alone as it is in the booneys with very little traffic , but if your wife is ok with a possible tow deal if you break down , its good , hotel Tamerac in clova is good , or go east out of parent , usually cold in the morn. I have been there at - 50 and it was cold , but warms up quick ...goood luck

Good to see wife likes to ride her own , parant and clova area is great sledding but i would not go alone as it is in the booneys with very little traffic , but if your wife is ok with a possible tow deal if you break down , its good , hotel Tamerac in clova is good , or go east out of parent , usually cold in the morn. I have been there at - 50 and it was cold , but warms up quick ...goood luck

Thanks for the reply`s so far. I don`t want to ride to Clova did it a few years back and it is wilderness for sure. I will probably start from Manikawi and head out, first night on the trail at MT Laurier Comfort Inn. Too bad no trails go into the old village of Tremblant the hotel Nellie O`Conners is great...Mike

make shure you call ahead for snow condition , i just talked to a motel owner in st anne de lac and he said snow was ok , sledders up and out riding , they did not get much rain monday and expect more snow tomm. good luck

I will for sure: things should be better by mid February if not we will fly to the Bahamas it will cost about the same.Thanks