Belleterre to Joncas

Ditch Banger

Anyone been on 63 between Belleterre and Joncas this year yet. I heard there may be some logging in the area. :drinks:

The latest i heard is that lac joncas burned down once again. 2nd time in the past 6 or 7 years. Not sure if that trail through joncas and the park is open because there is no where to fuel in between.

The latest i heard is that lac joncas burned down once again. 2nd time in the past 6 or 7 years. Not sure if that trail through joncas and the park is open because there is no where to fuel in between.

It did burn but supposed to be open this year just not using the main lodge. Also gas is not supposed to be a problem as there is another gas stop opened. As far as the trail, historically that trail is one of the poorest maintained in all of Quebec. I would try to plan a route that avoids that trail if possible. Mogul city :sad:

It did burn but supposed to be open this year just not using the main lodge. Also gas is not supposed to be a problem as there is another gas stop opened. As far as the trail, historically that trail is one of the poorest maintained in all of Quebec. I would try to plan a route that avoids that trail if possible. Mogul city :sad:

FYI

we stoped by accident at the new outfitter by Joncas, $2 a litre for gas. He's a nice guy though and the he grooms his own trail off the main trail himeself. Was a great 12km stretch. Heading to Va; D'or is 1.43 at the Indian reserve.

Mike

FYI

we stoped by accident at the new outfitter by Joncas, $2 a litre for gas. He's a nice guy though and the he grooms his own trail off the main trail himeself. Was a great 12km stretch. Heading to Va; D'or is 1.43 at the Indian reserve.

Mike

I assume it is Pourvoirie Laverendrye.How was the 63 from LeDomaine and 386 towards Val d'Or????

Beside the indian reserve....any other place for gas.There were supposed to be a relay/convenience store near 63/386 junction???

Edited by Mid Range

I assume it is Pourvoirie Laverendrye.How was the 63 from LeDomaine and 386 towards Val d'Or????

Beside the indian reserve....any other place for gas.There were supposed to be a relay/convenience store near 63/386 junction???

The trails overall were really good. Even in years of more snow I say they are good. I gased at Le Domaine which is good enough to get to the reserve 110 miles +- and then its just a short run to Louvicourt. Other than the outfitter i did not see any gas in the area but i did get detoured off the main trail to the outfitter by accident so maybe a missed one. Never made it back that way home as my buddy blew his motor so we had to get trucked out of the reserve for $500. His butt still hurts on that but hey it was cheaper than the $725 the towing company wanted!

Mike

The trails overall were really good. Even in years of more snow I say they are good. I gased at Le Domaine which is good enough to get to the reserve 110 miles +- and then its just a short run to Louvicourt. Other than the outfitter i did not see any gas in the area but i did get detoured off the main trail to the outfitter by accident so maybe a missed one. Never made it back that way home as my buddy blew his motor so we had to get trucked out of the reserve for $500. His butt still hurts on that but hey it was cheaper than the $725 the towing company wanted!

Mike

tanx.The outfitter you are referring to is Pourvoirie Laverendrye.It is a new place from this year.Friends of mine stayed there this past weekend.Apparently the trail leading to the place is quite wide.So we don't need to put gas between the indian reserve and le domaine if it's 110 miles according to you??

tanx.The outfitter you are referring to is Pourvoirie Laverendrye.It is a new place from this year.Friends of mine stayed there this past weekend.Apparently the trail leading to the place is quite wide.So we don't need to put gas between the indian reserve and le domaine if it's 110 miles according to you??

yes thats right. the trail was so nice it looked like the main trail and i was not expecting the change from previous years. My buddy was running an old 800 triple so he took some gas but most new machines are good to go.