Shawiagan or St Raymond to HI

800steve

I'm planning on leaving St Raymond on Feb 15. I'll be riding up trans quebec #3 crossing the ferry and going up to Mt Valin. I'll let you know how the trails are when I return.

Maybe we will see you there, we are leaving the same day. We just dont know if we are leaving from Shawinagan or St Raymond?

Maybe we will see you there, we are leaving the same day. We just dont know if we are leaving from Shawinagan or St Raymond?

It is so much more pleasant to leave from St Raymond. Instantly you are onto the good stuff.

Just got back tonight, we left from the Mekinack on Tues afternoon for Lac Edourd, the 355 was supposedly closed but we went anyway it was fine a little icy in places but no problem. From Lac Edourd North conditions where mint. We did 1020 miles in 41/2 days and it was 8/10. Auberge mekinack is a great place to start from. No charge to leave the trucks there either. Safe corral with security guard. :drinks:

Just got back tonight, we left from the Mekinack on Tues afternoon for Lac Edourd, the 355 was supposedly closed but we went anyway it was fine a little icy in places but no problem. From Lac Edourd North conditions where mint. We did 1020 miles in 41/2 days and it was 8/10. Auberge mekinack is a great place to start from. No charge to leave the trucks there either. Safe corral with security guard. :drinks:

We left from Richard's place last year and it was a nice place to start from. We headed up towards Roberval but went through Relias 22 (against my better judgment) and the trail from La Tuque to Relais 22 is just painful. It seems to go on forever. How was 355 from 73 to Lac Edourd? I took it years ago and I remember it being just ok.

Trail 73 South out of La Tuque just never gets old. Probably one of the nicest trails in Canada.

We left from Richard's place last year and it was a nice place to start from. We headed up towards Roberval but went through Relias 22 (against my better judgment) and the trail from La Tuque to Relais 22 is just painful. It seems to go on forever. How was 355 from 73 to Lac Edourd? I took it years ago and I remember it being just ok.

Trail 73 South out of La Tuque just never gets old. Probably one of the nicest trails in Canada.

X2 on the trail 73 north out of LaTuque. They could groom that thing every 2 hours and it would never be better than a 5. :pardon:

The 355 South from lac Edouard was hammered, at Relais Trappeur we took the local trail LT2 to 73 and was mint. Two groomers where at lac Edouard. the 355 North was just groomed and we where first tracks down.