New Bridge

iceman

11 hours ago, iceman said:

This is near the famous Scooby (Relais Mont Vilain) I believe.

Looking at the online map, it looks like a major change in the trail up there. 373 now goes way north of Scooby raid with a orange trail headed down to Scooby. Maybe thats why the new bridge?

7 hours ago, 800steve said:

Looking at the online map, it looks like a major change in the trail up there. 373 now goes way north of Scooby raid with a orange trail headed down to Scooby. Maybe thats why the new bridge?

Right on the money Steve. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Blueblood said:

did they build a ice bridge at this spot before?  our is there a road crossing just out of picture view?

I think will be new section of trail i have not looked closely up there yet

• 3 weeks later...

Is this bridge for snowmobiles and ATV traffic only. Looks like it isn't big enough for logging trucks.  

• 1 month later...

I'm just starting to look at QR for the season.  That bridge is incredible.  Building that anywhere is a challenge but my best guess is the closest civilization is the truck stop in Milot and that is 20 miles as the crow flies.  It is probably twice that distance by the dirt roads if not more.  Getting the equipment there and the material would be mind boggling to say the least.  Wow!

Jack & Sandi

• 3 weeks later...

⚠️problems on new bridge 

depending on your carbides on skiis there are getting caught on bridge. I saw where they think with more snow the problem will fix itself 

just a heads up people 

MESSAGE IMPORTANT - PASSERELLE RIVIÈRE PÉRIBONKA⚠️

Il a été porté à notre attention que des motoneigistes ont connu des situations fâcheuses dans les derniers jours en traversant la nouvelle passerelle sur la rivière Péribonka, qui relie les circuits de La Passerelle du 49e et des Sommets du Fjord.

𝗘𝗻 𝗲𝗳𝗳𝗲𝘁, 𝗹𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝘀 𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗮̀ 𝘀𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝗹'𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗲́ 𝗱𝗲 𝟱𝟭𝗺𝗺 (𝟮𝗽𝗼) 𝗾𝘂𝗶 𝘀𝗲́𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀 𝗱𝘂 𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝘂 𝗽𝗼𝗻𝘁. 𝗟𝗮 𝗱𝗶𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗱𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝗲̀𝗹𝗲𝘀, 𝗲𝗻 𝗽𝗹𝘂𝘀 𝗱𝗲 𝗹𝗮 𝗳𝗮𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗱𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗲, 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗲𝗻 𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲.

Heureusement, aucune situation grave n'a été rapportée.

Nous savons que beaucoup d'entre vous vont parcourir les sentiers de motoneige dans les prochains jours, particulièrement dans le cadre de l'événement portes ouvertes du 14-15 janvier, organisé par la Fédération des clubs de motoneigistes du Québec - FCMQ.

️𝗡𝗢𝗨𝗦 𝗩𝗢𝗨𝗦 𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗢𝗡𝗦 𝗗'𝗘́𝗩𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗗𝗘 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗘𝗥 𝗟𝗔 𝗣𝗔𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗘️Si vous devez absolument la traverser, faites preuve de prudence et soyez conscients des risques.

Nous travaillons à corriger rapidement la situation dans les prochains jours. D'ici là, nous vous invitons à la plus grande collaboration pour éviter toute situation malencontreuse.

MRC de Maria-Chapdelaine - MRC du Fjord-du-Saguenay - Club Motoneige Dolbeau-Mistassini - Club Coursier Des Neiges Géant - Club de Motoneigistes Lac St-Jean - Club de motoneigistes du Saguenay inc. - Club caribou conscrits

⚠️IMPORTANT MESSAGE - PÉRIBONKA RIVER BRIDGE⚠️

It has been brought to our attention that snowmobilers have experienced unfortunate situations in the last few days when crossing the new footbridge over the Péribonka River, which connects the La Passerelle du 49e and Sommets du Fjord circuits.

𝗘𝗻 𝗲𝗳𝗳𝗲𝘁, 𝗹𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝘀 𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗮̀ 𝗰𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝗹'𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗲 𝗱𝗲 𝟱𝟭𝗺𝗺 𝟱𝟭𝗺𝗺 𝟱𝟭𝗺𝗺 𝟱𝟭𝗺𝗺 𝟱𝟭𝗺𝗺 𝗾𝘂𝗶 𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗱𝘂 𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝘂 𝗽𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝗽𝗼𝗻𝘁.  𝗟𝗮 𝗱𝗶𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗱𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘂𝗿 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝗲̀𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝗲̀𝗹𝗲𝘀, 𝗲𝗻 𝗽𝗹𝘂𝘀 𝗱𝗲 𝗹𝗮 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗱𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗲, 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗲𝗻 𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲.

Fortunately, no serious situation has been reported.

We know that many of you will be hitting the snowmobile trails in the coming days, especially as part of the open house event on January 14-15, organized by the Fédération des clubs de motoneigistes du Québec - FCMQ.

️𝗡𝗢𝗨𝗦 𝗩𝗢𝗨𝗦 𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗢𝗡𝗦 𝗗'𝗘ense 𝗗𝗘 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗘𝗥 𝗟𝗔 𝗣𝗔𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗘️i you absolutely have to cross it, be caution and be aware of the risks.

We are working to quickly correct the situation in the coming days.  Until then, we invite you to the greatest collaboration to avoid any unfortunate situation.

MRC of Maria-Chapdelaine - MRC of Fjord-du-Saguenay - Dolbeau-Mistassini Snowmobile Club - Club Coursier Des Neiges Géant - Lac St-Jean Snowmobile Club - Saguenay Snowmobile Club inc.  - Caribou club conscripts