DUI - Entry to Quebec?

Mac

Asking for a friend of course.  I have friend who has heard the Quebec riding stories and i tease him badly every year with pictures.  He has ridden in the Adirondack's years ago prior to his ten year third offense DUI.  The ten year expires July next year.  He has expressed interest for this upcoming season and i told him i would ask the group here on QR.   Is this possible and what requirements are needed?  Please share your experiences.

Lots of info here

https://www.canadaduientrylaw.com/pardon.php

seems like a bit of a process and 6-12 months processing time.  So do it now for next year this year is not happening, 

how bad does he want it? 

where there is a will there is a way. 

Had a friend who is 55 - had two when he was 21 ..... He went for years with us age 35-48 ...... Then one time ...... Denied.....has to go through process of getting permission from CA govt to go.....

It is my understanding the catch to it all is if you had to do any jail time ..... He had county jail and work release ...... I would think they are stricter now as well

We've had riders successfully get that letter, after that process.

My message to buddies new to it...

Also worth mentioning, and not new to the border patrol, is checking of travelers’ criminal history. Even if one has "paid their debt to society", the fine folks at the border may turn you back to the U.S. If you’re unsure of your Canadian welcomeness or privileges, you must check it out and clear it, before committing to the trip. Please check it out with the Canadian Consulate at (212) 596-1783, well before the trip.

43 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

Can he fly in and you bring the sled ??

Still have to pass through immigration. 

The first time they catch you and you can play dumb.

But once you know you are inadmissible and try to enter anyway then they don’t take too kindly to this. 

I had one in 93' I've crossed the border now more then 40 times in the past 15 years. Never an issue. and they've asked me the question of ever being before a judge.  Always honest and told the DUI. They would ask anything since, nope , there response enjoy your trip! I think multiples and jail time your screwed

Thanks guys.  I've always wondered about this.

The website Iceman refers to is a .com and not a .gov but it does have a lot of info in it.  It sounds like the pardon is good forever or if you didn't learn and get another alcohol offense.

Playhard's response about the Canadian Consulate in New York would be a good start.  You would be speaking with someone in the U.S. and probably has the most experience with this.

The season is getting close and I'm ready as long as the new sled comes in!  🙂

Jack & Sandi

1 hour ago, revct1 said:

The season is getting close and I'm ready as long as the new sled comes in!  🙂

You getting another 850 Jack?