Cabano

doo4adoo

Was at the Toronto snowmobile show this weekend. There was a few booths from the Quebec Clubs but certainly a lot less vendors & booths in general this year.

Stopped at the booth and gentlemen indicated there is a new owner of the Cabano staring in a week. I don't stay there but i think we see many other members here that do so just passing the info along. TOWING may add more to this later as I think this is his area.

Also spoke to the Abitibi lady and she says the trail from Domain is still a maybe. Forestry and Indian issues apparently the hot points.

While it was not the show of past its a start again of life getting back to normal here.

Mike

I remember talking to Diane & Dennis late last season and they had an Asian couple from QC area that were interested in buying the place. I wonder if the "deal" went through.  One thing is for certain. There will be BIG shoes to fill when Dennis is not around anymore. I'll miss seeing/talking with him but have a feeling we might cross paths again as he has a house/camp out in the woods not awful far from Repos. Diane is reportedly going to move to the south shore of Montreal to be near her daughter.

8 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

Yes, It was weeks away from happening then covid hit. Frank would have done well in my opinion.

Frank couldnt come up with the money. It's as simple and factual as that. 

9 hours ago, iceman said:

What could go wrong?

sure did not work out at Rogers Cabin when sold to Asians. 

please no hurt feelings 

Man Ihave some fond memories staying in Shawinigan and rippin out to Chez Rogers for the evening and back. On more than one occasion when we pulled in the place mid evening there was a "sea" of sleds out front and you could hardly get a parking spot. Then when they pushed us out the door and turned the lights out our sleds were the only ones left in the lot. No BS on that one !!

Stopped by there one summer while wife and I were vacationing. Here "Mrs Snowmaster" and I   Dont recall exact date but at least 15 yrs ago

P1010081.JPG

P1010082.JPG

9 hours ago, iceman said:

What could go wrong?

sure did not work out at Rogers Cabin when sold to Asians. 

please no hurt feelings 

But Ice.....we can have "beef with brocolli" along with #C24, B18, and some pork egg rolls when we get back from a long days ride 🙂

1 hour ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Frank couldnt come up with the money. It's as simple and factual as that. 

Man Ihave some fond memories staying in Shawinigan and rippin out to Chez Rogers for the evening and back. On more than one occasion when we pulled in the place mid evening there was a "sea" of sleds out front and you could hardly get a parking spot. Then when they pushed us out the door and turned the lights out our sleds were the only ones left in the lot. No BS on that one !!

Stopped by there one summer while wife and I were vacationing. Here "Mrs Snowmaster" and I   Dont recall exact date but at least 15 yrs ago

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_10/P1010081.thumb.JPG.3e49f518e298002cb081a956dc9589e8.JPG

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_10/P1010082.thumb.JPG.90bcd4dbbe9a3e41669d710072749a3c.JPG

Those were the days for sure. 

Don't worry guys! I know the info is real but I have been told that Denis and his wife should still be there this next season to ensure a smooth ownership transition.  I had stopped by in june after Snowmaster had wrote me about rumours and had talked with Diane about the potential sold but nothing was done at this moment even they were in negotiation. She had told me that they were both in mind for continue to operate as usual this next winter, Denis had just leaved before my arriving for a FCMQ meeting for the weekend (he came back at royaume snowmobile club direction). I had confirmation that the deal was in serious way to happen a week ago and  had tried to seek more info about the new owners but just been told from trusty source that the info was real and that Denis and Diane should still be there this season... Will keep you inform when I know more...

Edited by towing

I learned that the new Cabanon Auberge owners are named Michel and Mélissa and they should be present at this weekend snowmobile show in Quebec city at Cabanon booth. I won't be at the show myself and don't know if Iceman or somebody else not too far planned to go but it would be an opportunity to talk with them before the season opening.

8 hours ago, towing said:

I learned that the new Cabanon Auberge owners are named Michel and Mélissa and they should be present at this weekend snowmobile show in Quebec city at Cabanon booth. I won't be at the show myself and don't know if Iceman or somebody else not too far planned to go but it would be an opportunity to talk with them before the season opening.

Michel & Melissa dont sound Chinese. I was looking forward to some pork fried egg rolls after a long days ride.

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2022 at 9:50 PM, towing said:

Denis had just leaved before my arriving for a FCMQ meeting for the weekend (he came back at royaume snowmobile club direction). 

This information was from summer time but I had the confirmation that Denis left his place as for the Royaume snowmobile club direction at the general meeting of the snowmobile club at fall when they were voting for the new club direction members. A young girl name Mélodie Vaillancourt that was already in the club team since a couple year(and work at Cabanon) took the presidency supported by an experienced team members. The last motoneige Quebec magazine devote 3 pages on the Royaume snowmobile club.

I had not the chance to speak to Denis or his wife since the announcement of the ownership change but still been told that they are supposed to be there... With the season now starting we will know more soon...

cabanon2_6S4FpbaLVxF4X5ZtGzEKAD.jpg

20221217_172734.jpg

Awesome Alain !!! Now can you translate the entire article for us dummies....BWAHHHH....LOL

I would have never guessed she was into the club so much. Have spoken to her many times. She is a smart girl.

Edited by snowmaster2112

33 minutes ago, skidoo420 said:

Do they still have a ramp there for sled in pickup truck?  It’s been almost 20 years since I drove to there. Starting an adventure from there January 13 th

They never had a ramp. LOL

something better actually. They leave a spot always open at the end of the concrete 4 ft tall wall down past where the groomers park.

back your truck up and it’s level in and out. You can’t ask for better