Forest Fire at Mont Saint Pierre

smclelan

5 minutes ago, iceman said:

Wow! That’s not looking to good

hard to tell, is it that close to town ?

5 minutes ago, smclelan said:

I saw some pictures on FB that made me think it was on the East side close to where the trail goes up the hill out of town.  Very hard to tell, most all the the pictures have been at night.

I thought so too more in the back of the Valley there not near the Route 132. 

I could be wrong.

From this morning 

⚠ STATE OF SITUATION - The fire of Mont-Saint-Pierre is contained 🔥] November 9, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. – The #FEU2022_428, located in the municipality of Mont-Saint-Pierre in the MRC of Haute-Gaspésie, has been contained since Tuesday at 1:30 p.m.

This means that its progress is halted, at least temporarily. Its area is 4.9 ha. Lightning is the probable cause of this fire, which broke out on November 7 in the early afternoon.

The slightly cooler weather conditions this morning are helping the SOPFEU forest firefighters, who started control work in the mountains this morning. A total of 28 SOPFEU resources are currently working on the mountain to carry out the control work. A helicopter is also deployed to support the ground teams in their work.

SOPFEU indicates that equipment may have been deployed in the field, including pumps and pipes. It is important not to move or touch them. This equipment is essential to the work of ground crews.

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2022 at 4:35 PM, iceman said:

Saw this, have not heard much on progress. Not sure if it’s contained or not. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/184379392443415/permalink/1109219256626086/

That scoopy plane work must take ball of steel.

Gratefully,