Renovations at Universal

PMAC

1 hour ago, EastMark said:

Any webcams active near RDL ?

On QUEBEC RIDER Facebook group Groomer posted a link to highway webcams throughout the Gaspe. I didn’t notice how far west they came if RDL is an option. 

Spent some time doing that last week. Nearly all Google links are broken or inactive cams.

Would rock if the RDL club had a webcam at the club/groomer lot ! The airport cam (even when it works) doesnt tell us much.

Maine has a few clubs with cams on trails. Quebec does everything so much better it was surprising to me I couldnt find one. I suppose the app will start to light up in spots before long anyway….

• 2 weeks later...

Took me several looks at the cams. Seemed like little change in snow.

Just realized these cam views are captures and are from January 22. Doooh…..

Got to wait for the App to fire up !  🙂

1/12/22 is Dec in Canada 

Things are different up there for sure. Reminds me of my first trip up trying to order a chicken sandwich at the double quonset hut club.

After trying to explain what I wanted, them shrugging a few times, them probably knowing and torturing the english speaking guy, I flapped my arms like a chicken. They laughed, said “oh poulette”….. and that was the golden handshake to getting lunch that day. Haha They spotted a rookie for sure.

I still order chicken (or poutine) most times at lunch since its easy and less embarrassing than imitating a cow. 😂

Love going downtown to eat, and looks like a lot of new restaurants downtown since I was there a few years ago. But on those bitter cold nights it sure was nice not to leave the hotel and just walk down the hall to the hotel restaurant.

But what is a cold and hungry boy to do ? 😂

Surely the nice people at the front desk can help you get hooked up with a sweet delivery of poulette, right to your room. Plenty of choices for delivery those nights you don’t want to go out. 

Nice thing about being in town. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 4:52 PM, EastMark said:

Things are different up there for sure. Reminds me of my first trip up trying to order a chicken sandwich at the double quonset hut club.

After trying to explain what I wanted, them shrugging a few times, them probably knowing and torturing the english speaking guy, I flapped my arms like a chicken. They laughed, said “oh poulette”….. and that was the golden handshake to getting lunch that day. Haha They spotted a rookie for sure.

I still order chicken (or poutine) most times at lunch since its easy and less embarrassing than imitating a cow. 😂

sounds like Pohenegamook club

On 12/4/2022 at 4:52 PM, EastMark said:

We had a translation issue one night in Ham nord one night many years ago. Stopped at a gas station at closing time and 3 sleds sitting in the lot, 2 girls and a guy. They come over to us and start asking questions in french and we have no idea. After about 10 minutes of confusion we figured out they are looking for the 4th guy in there in there group. The didnt know if he was broke down or lost. Everybody got a big laugh as I used my best translation skills to tell them he stopped to take a leak.

2 hours ago, EastMark said:

Think it might be called Chevalier club ? Others will know here.

Double quonset huts joined…wood trim ceiling…fireplace…arch at the entrance.

Not the club with an arch by the end of the 35 rail bed.

You are correct

12 hours ago, EastMark said:

Think it might be called Chevalier club ? Others will know here.

Double quonset huts joined…wood trim ceiling…fireplace…arch at the entrance.

Not the club with an arch by the end of the 35 rail bed.

Yup that is the Pohenegamook Club

• 2 weeks later...