Resort advice appreciated

Thinksno

My wife and I were hoping to book a room at a nice resort between Christmas and new years-but I so dropped the ball and the two places near St Michel Des Saints are all booked. (Lac Taureau and Viuex Moulin) I generally know this area has some trails open at this time. Any recommendation for a nice place to stay with your wife at the Christmas break that may have trails open? We travel from Buckhorn Ontario- north east of Toronto.

Thanks

You set the bar high with the Auberge Lac Taureau and Vieux Moulin. 

Sacacomie Lodge would be comparable, but I think is much more iffy on Christmas trails(ya never know).

Did you try Camp Taureau.

Just north of Lac Taureau lodge. Not near as fancy as the others places. Main lodge is nice, has some rooms or there is cottages. Cottages are older, fairly basic, have wood fireplaces so still a good place to stay.

22 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

Did you try Camp Taureau.

Just north of Lac Taureau lodge. Not near as fancy as the others places. Main lodge is nice, has some rooms or there is cottages. Cottages are older, fairly basic, have wood fireplaces so still a good place to stay.

Definately awesome but not in same league as Taureau or Vieux Moulin

Have a look at this place - nice chalets and activities.

https://www.auchaletenboisrond.com/en/

Just an aside - you are aware that the auberge at lac taureau and the condos at lac taureau are booked on two separate web sites? Maybe a condo is available (if you didn't look there) They also have some mini home like buildings just off the main site, but right next to the trails and facilities.

https://condoslactaureau.com/home/

Did a quick check - condos available for your time, but it's gonna cost ya.

Edited by slomo

20 hours ago, slomo said:

Have a look at this place - nice chalets and activities.

https://www.auchaletenboisrond.com/en/

Just an aside - you are aware that the auberge at lac taureau and the condos at lac taureau are booked on two separate web sites? Maybe a condo is available (if you didn't look there) They also have some mini home like buildings just off the main site, but right next to the trails and facilities.

https://condoslactaureau.com/home/

Did a quick check - condos available for your time, but it's gonna cost ya.

Thank you Slomo! We booked 3 nights at the condo's which are linked to main resort- the cost was really good too.

19 hours ago, Thinksno said:

Thank you Slomo! We booked 3 nights at the condo's which are linked to main resort- the cost was really good too.

Happy to help. The parking kind of sucks so find a good spot for your rig and don't plan on moving it. My spouse really enjoyed the massage options they have there. If at some point you want to return, Ontario school March break, which is usually after Quebec March break, is a time when some deals can be had usually by phoning the office direct to book.

On 11/29/2022 at 8:35 AM, Thinksno said:

My wife and I were hoping to book a room at a nice resort between Christmas and new years-but I so dropped the ball and the two places near St Michel Des Saints are all booked. (Lac Taureau and Viuex Moulin) I generally know this area has some trails open at this time. Any recommendation for a nice place to stay with your wife at the Christmas break that may have trails open? We travel from Buckhorn Ontario- north east of Toronto.

Thanks

Did you try Glacier? I would stay there, on the trail, great food, gas and the owner is very helpful.

Auberge La Glaciere in St Zenon on Rt 131. At the junction of 3 trails (63 N & S & 350 W) that go thru the property. Decent place but not 5 star by any means.

Just south of La Cabanon on the interactive map. It used to be the place to be  in the area in the 80's and early 90's , as the groomers for the area were based there before Dennis bought the La Cabanon from Gaston.

Edited by NSHM

Also based on the weather so far that area needs a cold snap and snow to freeze things up  for Christmas thru New Years,it being only 3 weeks away.

Make sure the room you book is able to be canceled if no snow. If that is the only area with snow and open then ,the trails will be hammered.

Most riders on this site can only predict conditions 2 weeks out. 😉

Think Snow!

Its coming quick, generally this area has some trails open before new years. Last year trails were open (probably busy). Wife and I are both off at that time, no interest in traveling south as thats a zoo. If we cant ride I can relax away from home -have a few drinks and good food in a beautiful spot like Lac Tareau. That why we wanted a nicer spot just in case we cant ride or ride far. 

10 hours ago, Thinksno said:

I don't see any place called Glacier doing a search? 

7 am - Christmas Day 2018. Pleasant enough place - food a bit pricey, but Lionel was a good host particularly to out of province guy with little French. Can't miss it on the highway on your drive to St. Michelle des Saints. 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_12/1190554243_pic01(Medium).thumb.JPG.1603a34ec08bf8c393fdbdcb514552e4.JPG