Interactive Map

Fozzy

4 hours ago, doonali said:

Still showing closed on 63/386 North and West of La Verendrye. Spoke with Natalie approx. a month ago and she said the only thing closed this season is 63 West from the Lodge (Forestry work)

I heard the same thing.  Sucks that 63 east is closed.  At least the rest of it is opening back up.

Fozzy, are you using the FCMQ website map or the FCMQ APP map?  As others have indicated, the APP is up to date, however as you indicated the website still says 21-22 map.  I believe the source is the difference you have noticed.

I hope that 63 and 386 are open this year.  Like blackjack said, 3 years would be a lot of logging transport.  There can’t be that many more trees left to harvest….Then again think about le Chemin L’Epine, granted that is not a TransQuebec federated trail.

Is Nathalie the petite blonde at the Pavilion?   

18 minutes ago, 800steve said:

The app shows As of Dec 6 at 1300. I know they are doing grooming at Mt Valin, but app shows nothing?

Smells of Russian collusion if you ask me.

On 12/4/2022 at 8:43 PM, Fozzy said:

When does the FCMQ load the newer map usually? I thought it would have been done by now.

On 12/5/2022 at 1:34 AM, lindasledgirl said:

I understand that now they will update periodically throughout the year.

Linda is right, in my area some changes have been updated but many others have not yet( on both the interactive web map or Imotoneige)

As now you can't assume what you see is be the final trail version we will have this season.

24 minutes ago, 800steve said:

The app shows As of Dec 6 at 1300. I know they are doing grooming at Mt Valin, but app shows nothing?

I have been told they temporarily deactivate the grooming fonction on the interactive map to avoid sledders think a trail is open because a dozer pass once to begin to fill ditches or do maintenance/signage (They did this at last season beginning after this situation lead to loose some trail segments)  They are supposed to reactivate when the season will be more started. The bug with this is they do not seems to be able to activate just an area without enabling the whole map... So you may have to wait a little while before seeing Mont Valins trail grooming state

Edited by towing

9 minutes ago, towing said:

Linda is right, in my area some changes have been updated but many others have not yet( on both the interactive web map or Imotoneige)

As now you can't assume what you see is be the final trail version we will have this season.

I have been told they temporarily deactivate the grooming fonction on the interactive map to avoid sledders think a trail is open because a dozer pass once to begin to fill ditches or do maintenance/signage (They did this at last season beginning after this situation lead to loose some trail segments)  They are supposed to reactivate when the season will be more started. The bug with this is they do not seems to be able to activate just an area without enabling the whole map... So you may have to wait a little while before seeing Mont Valins trail grooming state

Well look who shows up....LOL...was just wondering where/how you & Kristine are . Hope all is well mon ami and look forward to seeing you this season somewhere. Looks like we are having a slow start this season but hopefully mother nature will change her mind and come on with a vengeance. 

Being that the M20 & 21 are closed this season it is quite possible I may not see the camp this year. Also have new friend in St Alexis des Monts so might be starting out of there or at Andre's folks in St Jean-de-Matha too. Might finally get to have supper sometime in St Thomas this year ...LOL

4 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

When I was at the snow show in Toronto they indicated Forestry and Indigenous issues for the closures

Word is....Quebec Rider is sending their Indigenous Ambassador to the next Kitcisakik council meeting where things will be all squared up for the "386"

No guarantees on the "63" though...

I was doing some pre-trip planning last night.  When I tried to measure coming up from say Mattawin going to Roberval, the app puts you on 73 to 83 instead of 355.  When you get to the 83/373 junction, it sends you on the local trail up to St. Felicien, then on to 373 into Roberval.  I tried to fool it by making the destination Lake Edouard to get on 355, then make the next destination Roberval. The app gets you to Lake Edouard on 355 then turns you back on 355 to 73 and on to Roberval the same way described above.  I tried it both on the app and viaexplora with the same result.

13 minutes ago, GSX800 said:

I was doing some pre-trip planning last night.  When I tried to measure coming up from say Mattawin going to Roberval, the app puts you on 73 to 83 instead of 355.  When you get to the 83/373 junction, it sends you on the local trail up to St. Felicien, then on to 373 into Roberval.  I tried to fool it by making the destination Lake Edouard to get on 355, then make the next destination Roberval. The app gets you to Lake Edouard on 355 then turns you back on 355 to 73 and on to Roberval the same way described above.  I tried it both on the app and viaexplora with the same result.

Is there a section marked closed in there?  It won't route you through closed trail.

14 hours ago, towing said:

They need to make it so the clubs open and close their individual trail segments.  Then don't report grooming until the trail is marked limited or open.  Would solve this issue.

On 12/6/2022 at 7:37 PM, snowmaster2112 said:

Well look who shows up....LOL...was just wondering where/how you & Kristine are . Hope all is well mon ami and look forward to seeing you this season somewhere. Looks like we are having a slow start this season but hopefully mother nature will change her mind and come on with a vengeance. 

Being that the M20 & 21 are closed this season it is quite possible I may not see the camp this year. Also have new friend in St Alexis des Monts so might be starting out of there or at Andre's folks in St Jean-de-Matha too. Might finally get to have supper sometime in St Thomas this year ...LOL

Hi Snowmaster! all is well for me, Kristine involuntary started her backseat training last week by missing the first top step of a stair at home and went all way down on her back/butt!!! she was walking like a robot for a couple days but she's now getting better... she will be in great shape to start the season in a couple weeks!!!

I read that your limousine is back to life, congratulation for new heart transplant! we definitely need to hook up on snow this next season, let me know of your plans when you come to my side of the border...

11 hours ago, GSX800 said:

With your info I identify the 2 routing bugs on the map and already wrote tonight to FCMQ to ask them to do the corrections. I already ask for other routing bug corrections in Lanaudiere this fall that have been done in just few days later so I'm confident it will be corrected soon. Here is where I suspect the actual bugs to be (red circles)

erreurcarte355.jpg

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

Wishing a full & speedy recovery!

Tell her to stick to only groomed stairs?

Ditto

My wife pulled that same thing a couple years back. A year, 5K and a million trips to the chiropractic and massage therapist she was sorta back to normal. 

You can mess yourself up bad doing that