2023 Jack & Sandi's Trips

revct1

Hey GuyZ

So who ever had the pool going this year, the winner is "The Durango" 

There has to be a pool, right, what will we blow up next..... 

We would have been unloading the Trailer by now if things had gone well and giving J&S a call to plan for tomorrow's ride......

But you see LongHair somehow has grenaded the Durango..... 55k on the Odometer....

( I cant say he did anything wrong, but this does make the second SUV of mine to need a new engine with him at the helm, and his forth engine in misc trucks this year....)

Fortunatly we were only 20 miles from the house, and it was 40 degrees....

NoHair was only wearing slippers, PJ Pants and his Foxy Headdress.... so 40 degrees was just up his alley ......while we waited for LongHair to get his work truck and tow the trailer to the house. 

The Dealer Service Agent went by while AAA was loading the Durango, and told me he said to himself ,"is that coming to my door"?

Pulled on to 91 North from the pike and each light on the dash lit up in turn......

Pulled over just past the Holyoke Mall, opened the hood, coolant everywhere.... its had no issues in the last few weeks ; in the couple times I've used it and tested with the trailer. I like to do a shake down run up in to the hills around us, really put a load on it, because we dont use it more than 10-20 times a year.

Oh well! I checked Rental Trucks today and they were not bad, so our next launch date is the 19th. Pistons Crossed for Luck!!!

By the way, I also checked out a new Lincoln Navigator.... WOW...  Taking Mrs GutZ for Test Drive Soon! 

Stuck at Home

GutZ

Good morning.  We are making the hard decision.  Looking at the different weather forecasts isn't promising.  It is 40F right now at the Sagueneenne at 6 am.  Two of the forecasts show intermittent rain over the next few days.  The best forecast shows not much rain but temps getting near or above freezing each day.  I can't see much grooming going on with it being mild and the Holiday.  The mountain being the only place to ride is going to get rough.

Sandi and I have decided to pack up and head back to CT.  In a couple of weeks we will be heading to RDL and hopefully better conditions.

Jack & Sandi

15 hours ago, revct1 said:

Oh no.  How can this be?  Four engines in one year!  It is hard to believe.  The good side is you were close to home.

Jack & Sandi

Really..... is it? hahahahha!!!

You've given him rides home?

He should be a test pilot or durability evaluator for products.... LongHair this is our indestrucable new product, oops, it's broke..... LOL, 30 seconds, new record!

With reading your eval from last night\this AM, it may be good we did not go.... but this not the way I wanted to be discuraged from going...

GutZ

We are back in CT.  The drove home yesterday was depressing.  Rain, drizzle, fog and anything else that was not winter like.  We watched the temperature rise all the way back.  Not only is it green here in CT, the forecast is to be in the 50's F and may even hit 60 F this week.  Please let in change back to winter for our trip to RDL.

Jack & Sandi

8 hours ago, revct1 said:

Hi Andy.  You should have good ground cover this time of year and not green.

Mr Gutz.  I don't believe in products like "Car Shield " but maybe?

It has the Dodge Warranty.

And it only has 55k on it, I blame Covid, it sat more than usual, I had to have all the brakes replaced since they rusted together, the shocks were just replaced, because they had rusted, E-Brake Cable snapped due to Rust.

So... may get some idea tomorrow.

GutZ

21 hours ago, revct1 said:

We are back in CT.  The drove home yesterday was depressing.  Rain, drizzle, fog and anything else that was not winter like.  We watched the temperature rise all the way back.  Not only is it green here in CT, the forecast is to be in the 50's F and may even hit 60 F this week.  Please let in change back to winter for our trip to RDL.

Jack & Sandi

You may get your wish afterall. The warmth and rain predicted this week is trending toward all snow now in Quebec.

On 1/1/2023 at 3:14 PM, EastMark said:

Sorry to hear this outcome Jack. Looked forward to youre ride posts.

RDL will be mint when you get there. 

Conditions aren't promising right now.  The temps are OK but not much for snow in the forecast.  All we can do is wait and see.

Jack & Sandi