Gaspe Hotel Question

plowking

Hello All...I have been riding/backpacking in Quebec for over 25 years and usually only book my first and last night hotel stay unless I know it's a busy place with a reputation for not having rooms.  Im planning a trip to ride the Gaspe Bay late February, 4 guys so 2 rooms per night or 1 suite/cabin.  Do I need to lay out my trip and book rooms in advance, or will I be able to make some calls during the day and find rooms without a problem?  I'm guessing there is cell service, at least in the towns.  Are there any specific towns that hotels are more limited than others?  I am planning to ride the loop counter clockwise...Thanks in advance for any info.

I wouldn’t worry about making the whole loop as the interior trails have less traffic and usually in great condition.Hotels will depend on how busy and weather and trail conditions.I usually make reservations but several times switched during trip because of weather.Last year was busy and Covid had some service’s reduced at hotels and clubs .

Heading up 2/24.Made reservations for each night.May just be piece of mind knowing that we have a place to sleep every night.Been doing for 20 some years that way.

When you are looking for 2 rooms with 2 beds in each (assumption LOL) and especially going in a busier part of the season, I would be making reservations ahead. On the north shore many places are villages as opposed to towns so limited facilities. Some places with restaurants don't stay open very late for meal service. The other issue mentioned on various forums last summer and fall was that some hotel/motels and restaurants were not going to open this sled season due to things like labour shortages. 

5 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The other issue mentioned on various forums last summer and fall was that some hotel/motels and restaurants were not going to open this sled season due to things like labour shortages. 

Excellent and very valid point.

• 2 weeks later...

I would book the Copper Hotel in Murdochville if that is one of your planned stops. 
In 2020 we were a group of 4 doing the Gaspe.and winging hotels.

Called the Copper night before heading there and they were all booked . Had to change our route and ended up staying at LaCache in the motel units which are now gone.

Only way to book the Copper hotel is to call. Jack is the owner and speaks very good English.