Pohénégamook/Estcourt Crossing

wng-2

A friend and I would like to do a shakedown run in Aroostook County Maine next week. Thinking about doing some loops into Canada to take advantage of our Quebec and New Brunswick trail passes early season. Wondering if anyone has knowledge or links to resources that provide the hours of operation for customs in both Countries. Also, the closest available fuel on the Canadian Side. Thanks.

There is gas at a small club a minute from the crossing nearly in sight of the crossing. They have gas when open.

Better yet IF you can get up the lake that is right there SAFELY theres a gas station up a hill left side going down that lake. There may be a different way up to the station besides the lake if it’s unsafe but ask locally. Ask locally if the lake is safe for sure. The club is on the lake and there’s a trail behind it down to the lake. If it’s safe the lake will be marked/signed too.

Hours for the crossing Id ask Moosetown Riders out of Allagash on FB. They groom the trail out to it and will know.

It sounds fun. Report back !

4 hours ago, wng-2 said:

Thanks for the replies!

We may be using that crossing next week at some point, headed to RDL Sunday for a saddlebag trip. No plans on where we are going

56 minutes ago, viper2 said:

We may be using that crossing next week at some point, headed to RDL Sunday for a saddlebag trip. No plans on where we are going

Cool. Are you driving to Rivière-du-Loup from Pennsylvania? My friend and I are retired , and he  wants to get 500ish miles on his new sled and have it serviced before striking out on a long Quebec trip. We are watching the weather  to see what happens with a potential Monday storm . Probably head to the County  after that. Probably hang out in the Fort Kent area. Try to stay as far North as possible , and venture into Canada. Safe travels and sledding to you.

I am seeing on the New Brunswick Federation map and app that the small trail into Clair, NB/Fort Kent, Maine shows closed. When I click on it, it shows it is closed for the 2021 season due to Covid. I am hoping this is open/passable next week...

Screenshot_20230119-044557.jpg

There’s gas just east of Pohenegamook village a couple miles..:it’s not the Irving halfway up the lake but a different one. I’m attaching a screenshot so you can see. Nice clean store, too. The lake is no good to run right now. Lots of yellow, and no stakes of course.

At the bottom of the lake across the bridge to the west is a small Auberge that serves lunch. Closed Wednesdays and Thursdays I think. The micro-brasserie in Pohenegamook is closed on Tuesdays I know that. The Pohenegamook relay (Quonset hut) was closed on Tuesday. Club Exploreurs was closed Tuesday and Wednesday this week. 

F8E8464F-6D47-4919-A210-283AA2F48901.png

2 hours ago, TheBigLake said:

There’s gas just east of Pohenegamook village a couple miles..:it’s not the Irving halfway up the lake but a different one. I’m attaching a screenshot so you can see. Nice clean store, too. The lake is no good to run right now. Lots of yellow, and no stakes of course.

At the bottom of the lake across the bridge to the west is a small Auberge that serves lunch. Closed Wednesdays and Thursdays I think. The micro-brasserie in Pohenegamook is closed on Tuesdays I know that. The Pohenegamook relay (Quonset hut) was closed on Tuesday. Club Exploreurs was closed Tuesday and Wednesday this week. 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_01/F8E8464F-6D47-4919-A210-283AA2F48901.thumb.png.d5e1ddd61dbe5747ed14fba2b210b91a.png

Thank you for this information.

On 1/19/2023 at 4:55 AM, wng-2 said:

I am seeing on the New Brunswick Federation map and app that the small trail into Clair, NB/Fort Kent, Maine shows closed. When I click on it, it shows it is closed for the 2021 season due to Covid. I am hoping this is open/passable next week...

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_01/Screenshot_20230119-044557.thumb.jpg.f46369d323d1688dfd505fd0cae41dc1.jpg

go to the app store. There is a new version of the app, I think you are working with the old one 

5 hours ago, viper2 said:

go to the app store. There is a new version of the app, I think you are working with the old one 

I had actually just gotten app. The trail does show open now on both the app and Interactive map online.👍

8 hours ago, wng-2 said:

I had actually just gotten app. The trail does show open now on both the app and Interactive map online.👍

Ok that is good, I was messing around with mine the other day and saw a lot of odd stuff. Then I realized I was on an app that wasn't supported anymore