Lac Blanc

Sad but it is big business up there. Sometimes the establishments are at least complacent. Small towns they know who the culprits are. Dirty dealerships that make the keys, 

Once in st George a guy talked to the bartender,  a few calls and he was able to buy his sled back, obviously involvement by the bar.

Lock everything cable a tire to the frame , take every precaution shit bags everywhere!!!

9 hours ago, iceman said:

sounds like a bad first and last experience in Quebec for this group

Who leaves passports in truck?

Just saying.

I agree 100% Don. then after doing everything wrong accuse the place of setting them up.

Nothing like it was 20-30 years ago. I never lost anything personally (probably because I rode Polaris back then) but was with people on 5 other trips where we lost trucks, trailers, sleds. I did take a lot of precautions when I left my rig, yank the relays, chain the trailer, etc. Talking about Polaris, in 2006 I had a new FST 4 stroke, and my buddy had a new Fusion. Those sleds were such junk we would park them in the darkest place we could find and leave the keys in them, and they were never touched, true story. 

32 minutes ago, jak said:

Nothing like it was 20-30 years ago. I never lost anything personally (probably because I rode Polaris back then) but was with people on 5 other trips where we lost trucks, trailers, sleds. I did take a lot of precautions when I left my rig, yank the relays, chain the trailer, etc. Talking about Polaris, in 2006 I had a new FST 4 stroke, and my buddy had a new Fusion. Those sleds were such junk we would park them in the darkest place we could find and leave the keys in them, and they were never touched, true story. 

About the same as the Ski Doo Safari, no danger of sled theft with them.  LOL

I find that I must speak out about this topic because in all fairness, this goes on in this country as well. 

As an example there were 600 vehicles stolen in Monmouth County NJ in 2022. That’s just one county out of 50 states.  Portland Oregon is being ravaged by car jacking and vehicle thefts right now on a daily basis. We really need the teeth put back in our law enforcements hands with stronger and stiffer penalties again. We don’t know all the circumstances of this latest theft at Lac Blanc. Very difficult to think keys were left in vehicle.

I would like to know the statistics or percentage of sleds and vehicles stolen in Canada.

Personal security must be taken with the utmost importance wherever you travel. 

LOCK UP YOUR BELONGINGS, DO NOT LEAVE KEYS IN VEHICLES OR PERSONAL INFORMATION!!

Edited by Snappy Hank
Post to general forum

last night Lac Blanc stolen from locked trailer

left trailer took sleds

Snowmobile STOLEN last night LAC BLANC st-alexis in my trailer closed
2016 polaris indy voyageur 600 wrap blue
2022 polaris indy vr1 650 black 137 1.25 ice ripper bag polaris plus link bag
2022 polaris indy adventure black 850 7 inch screen deck 137 nail woodys polaris bag

Edited by iceman

15 hours ago, scorpionbowl said:

Lac Blanc and Saccacomie are in this region.

I understand that, maybe putting it out there it would be a nice reminder to be careful.

just a thought 

• 2 weeks later...

We used to have 1 Polaris in our group. It didn't matter who among us rode her. She was a member of the family. 

Kinda on topic: It also didn't matter what the perceived value of any piece of equipment was, all got deterrent precautions.

Kinda off topic: Her name was "Chattering Teeth" (true story)

On 1/22/2023 at 9:49 AM, Pipemaster said:

I understand that, maybe putting it out there it would be a nice reminder to be careful.

just a thought 

No question it's a great thought. In the case "sharing is caring" definitely.

In General Discussion, there's a pinned topic on Security Precautions.

Maybe this thread can be copied & pasted over there or sumthin'?