Why?

iceman

You cannot fix stupid, 

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1949374/terres-saccages-vauvert-dolbeau-mistassini-motoneiges?fbclid=IwAR1P8X955o9zbOCCfMzZfgetZY0m0d7sr7piyFMn_8a47iAcX75cJbphcY4

A blueberry producer in Dolbeau-Mistassini has filed a complaint with the Sûreté du Québec (SQ) for the destruction of part of his land by snowmobilers. He estimates that a quarter of his production could be affected.

Producer Nicolas Perron, who is located in the Vauvert area, estimates that losses could be as high as $25,000.

This is not the first year that the producer has faced such a situation. However, this time he has decided to file a complaint with the SQ. He invites snowmobilers to be civic-minded.

"Whether it's blueberries, potatoes or anything else, it's unfortunate for farmers. In any case, I find it sad. Really, there. I hope that people will be more aware to be more respectful of other people's land."

Up to 25% of blueberry plants have been damaged, according to producer Nicolas Perron.

The president of the Dolbeau-Mistassini Snowmobile Club, Marie Bérubé, says she is exasperated by the lack of civic-mindedness of many, year after year.

If she believes that the offenders are people who do not have access rights to the trails, she fears that this type of situation discourages producers from offering rights of way on their land.

She invites people who witness mischief to report the offending snowmobilers to the police.

This owner, he gives us the privilege to circulate on his property, then we are careful, we put signs. We try to raise awareness as much as possible, and at the same time, it lights up my life. I say to myself that the day that he is going to decide that it is finished, well I this path, it is the 367, and that would be finished, she raised.

She fears that the snowmobilers who have ransacked the land will penalize those who respect the rules and ride on the marked trails.

If We could not pass, so we would lose a large part of the trail. And who would pay the price? It is the snowmobilers who pay, she added.

Nicolas Perron does not intend for the moment to withdraw his rights of way in the sector.

The time has come for all of us , in concert with outfitters , hotels, dealerships, Bombardier, clubs, and private land owners, and FCMQ, to be proactive, and require everyone to ...Take The Pledge....with Bombardier ...as a trail pass requirement...mandatory sled stickers...no pledge sticker...no gas....spelled out plain and clear ...registration revocation and fines...sled seizure...signs at hotels and stops like Repo, etc. If we don't get proactive...we all know where this is going...and reactive isn't a place we want to be...the weather is already numbering our days...we can control everything but the weather..AND TRAIL ACCESS. Ride off trail in designated areas..or be gone. If we aren't going to be proactive and sit around complaining... we will not have much of a voice when the powers to be do sit down...and we will not like the conversation on that day. We all have a lot at stake here...this is our recreation...but for many it's their livelihood...we have 3300 members here alone...it's a good place to start...look how many stickers iceman was able to distribute playing around... we need to be on front of this now...before it's too late...and that day is coming if we do nothing...my 2 cents worth, happy trails, Bob.

Stickers won't do anything. We ALL had to watch a video stating that in order to get our trail pass/registration and put that sticker on our sled. Is that not enough???  We need enforcement, not more friggin stickers and a feel good pledge. It's not the people on this site doing the trespassing. If you think a sticker will stop anyone without a sticker from going off trail, you got another think coming. JMO........

Edited by NSHM

3 hours ago, NSHM said:

Stickers won't do anything. We ALL had to watch a video stating that in order to get our trail pass/registration and put that sticker on our sled. Is that not enough???  We need enforcement, not more friggin stickers and a feel good pledge. It's not the people on this site doing the trespassing. If you think a sticker will stop anyone without a sticker from going off trail, you got another think coming. JMO........

pledges and sled stickers will not stop 5%, but sled seizures, registration confiscation and 5 year bans will do it, all this program is going to do is make everyone aware 95% of us are not the problem and do something to help prevent us from becoming the victims of there behavior...if we just sit around ...we are done.

18 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

pledges and sled stickers will not stop 5%, but sled seizures, registration confiscation and 5 year bans will do it, all this program is going to do is make everyone aware 95% of us are not the problem and do something to help prevent us from becoming the victims of there behavior...if we just sit around ...we are done.

Need to hit them where it hurts….in the wallet

it’s what will get their attention there needs to be big fine first offense no warnings.

Drivers liscense suspended minimum 6 months

make life miserable for them. 

12 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Don, you and Bob are 100% right.  I am just not sure how to get stiffer penalties set in place.  The Canadian justice system does not impose harsh penalties for anything!!

Especially this being non violent and simply trespassing with property damage. Not high on the list.

I think everyone knows what kind of sled is doing the damage.  These sleds are off the trail and they all have over 2 inch lugs. Maybe time to restrict the longer track lugs on the trail system.  Maybe 1.5 inch max. MY OPINION ONLY 

11 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

I think everyone knows what kind of sled is doing the damage.  These sleds are off the trail and they all have over 2 inch lugs. Maybe time to restrict the longer track lugs on the trail system.  Maybe 1.5 inch max. MY OPINION ONLY 

That's like blaming the gun.....It's not the sled or the high capacity magazine.....it's the operators actions. There are plenty of responsible operators of both. Punish the offender, not the tool.

1 hour ago, NSHM said:

That's like blaming the gun.....It's not the sled or the high capacity magazine.....it's the operators actions. There are plenty of responsible operators of both. Punish the offender, not the tool.

Exactly my fork made me the fatboy i am 

damn 

8 hours ago, NSHM said:

I'm not trying to blame the snowmobile.  I'm blaming the part of the snowmobile that is doing the damage.  The gun using bullets is bad but the gun using blanks just makes noise. The sled using 3 inch lugs let's you get in a position to do damage where a sled with a 1.5 lug won't let you get in to that position.  I do agree it's operator stupidity but trail sled operators usually stay on the trail .

6 hours ago, iceman said:

Exactly my fork made me the fatboy i am 

damn 

And yes if you used a 1 inch fork instead of a 3 inch fork you would eat less.  Lol

14 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

And yes if you used a 1 inch fork instead of a 3 inch fork you would eat less.  Lol

I can still get fat with a 1 inch fork. Stupid entitled people will still do stupid shit with a 1.5 or 3 inch track. 20 years ago a 1.5 track was huge and you saw the same stuff from the same people.  Make BIG fines and make them stick. Put that out on the internet so these idiots know its real. We can take the pledge here, but we are not the people doing the damage.

29 minutes ago, 800steve said:

I can still get fat with a 1 inch fork. Stupid entitled people will still do stupid shit with a 1.5 or 3 inch track. 20 years ago a 1.5 track was huge and you saw the same stuff from the same people.  Make BIG fines and make them stick. Put that out on the internet so these idiots know its real. We can take the pledge here, but we are not the people doing the damage.

Right on Steve.

Apex and off trail do not go together

When i first saw the signs  (stay on the trai) Rester Dans Sentier

I was confused as I thought the whole idea of riding trails was to stay on them and no go off into the bush or a tree or a ditch

so telling me to stay on was like reminding me to breathe

Todays world much different