Zec Martin Valin

Padragon800

4 hours ago, Padragon800 said:

I doubt that will be acceptable. We tried to do that, and they are pretty strict and buy, The book. Guy was kind of a real a hole too.

It’s definitely for all riders riding the area not just off trail guys.

I have been able to find nothing saying on trail riding is included. But it very well could be. 

What expense does the parks have in the game they are playing.  Do they pay for any grooming.  I can see them saying there is damage done in the off trail areas but the trail riders shouldn't be penalized.  Do they have them do as I say not as I do people like we have in the Adirondacks.  Taking away our sport.  

Its all motoneige passing through or staying in territory of the Zec Martin Valin. 

Complain here.

https://www.facebook.com/zecmv/

for register is here to create account and register. 

https://pav.manisoft.ca/login.php?idZec=zec-martin-valin

The cost is $13.45 cdn  per sled 

i asked how long is good for and he said until you leave the Zec. So if you register then pass through to go to Escoumins or Sacre Couer then return through is your registration still good? 
I got no real answer.

i asked how can you possibly check all sleds passing through and he said we have agents out checking everyone. I think it’s impossible to check everyone but it’s like shooting fish in a barrel. 

He also did not know how much the fine is. 

7 minutes ago, iceman said:

The cost is $13.45 cdn  per sled 

i asked how long is good for and he said until you leave the Zec. So if you register then pass through to go to Escoumins or Sacre Couer then return through is your registration still good? 
I got no real answer.

i asked how can you possibly check all sleds passing through and he said we have agents out checking everyone. I think it’s impossible to check everyone but it’s like shooting fish in a barrel. 

He also did not know how much the fine is. 

Basically they don’t know what the hell they’re doing and it’s so obviously a money grab. While I was up there, riding around for four days I only saw one agent the whole time he was waiting on the road in the truck.

Just now, Padragon800 said:

Basically they don’t know what the hell they’re doing and it’s so obviously a money grab. While I was up there, riding around for four days I only saw one agent the whole time he was waiting on the road in the truck.

I hear you loud and clear. Shit show. 

I'm not going to say I know where the exact area of the park is because I don't know.  What I would like to know is what trails it effects. My kid loves the 93 trail on the east side of the river and does it effect that one and all the orange trails east and north of 93. I have never rode the orange trails i would love to some day.  I have just heard so many great stories about this areas. 

5 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

I'm not going to say I know where the exact area of the park is because I don't know.  What I would like to know is what trails it effects. My kid loves the 93 trail on the east side of the river and does it effect that one and all the orange trails east and north of 93. I have never rode the orange trails i would love to some day.  I have just heard so many great stories about this areas. 

Try this link. It shows a map that gives a pretty good idea of the size and boundaries in relation to the river and towns:

https://store.avenza.com/products/zec-martin-valin-2022-zecs-quebec-map

What I read tonight, ZEC,  is a group of people that was put in charge of this area to regulate the hunting and fishing,  Mainly because it was regulated by clubs that were private people, some not even Canadians , who were over hunting and fishing game and poaching.  They began as non profit and raising money's from hunting and fishermen. After finding out the money's weren't enough they were given the charge of camper, hikers and any one else using the park. Now I think they may be just trying to find another influx of money's to continue on. They were said to be the greatest organization for their work.

Response below from the Zec to my e-mail. I alluded that FCMQ permits were justified as they provide value. The FCMQ has an uphill battle to fight here based on her response. Everyone flood these guys with e-mails.  

info@zecmartinvalin.com

$12 isn't the point here. Look at how many Zecs you cross in a days ride. Then add it up over the course of the winter and you start to see the issue.

Hello, First of all the fees that you pay to the FCMQ, do not touch the zec, neither near nor far. We are two separate organizations. The FCMQ trails pass over our ZEC, so we are entitled to demand a right of circulation! the principle of user pays! It is very easy to do it online, if you have any difficulty, call us and we will be happy to help you. We are in the first year of operation of our ZEC in winter, and we have a lot of plans for the years to come 😊 We are sorry that this sum ($11.70) could make you change your mind about your destination… Have a great day ! Nancy

Edited by Signfan

The below link will take you to a map that shows the locations of the ZEC's.  There is 63 in total of them in the province.  If you have snowmobiled in Quebec it's almost a certainty that you have ridden through at least one.  On a days ride in Saguenay you could conceivably ride through 3 in a couple hours time  (Zec Lac-de-la-Boiteuse, Zec Onatchiway, Zec Martin-Valin).

https://reseauzec.com/carte-interactive/

Hell of a reply… we have big plans for the future…I’m not sure it’s private land… some kind of public area… but this kind of rhetoric… paying to pass on both ways??? More than a money grab for sure… more like trying to persuade you to go elsewhere… some reasonable oversight is needed here for sure… and the precedent is terrible 

Our Zec… so Nancy owns this area… have a nice day… shit show for sure… and she isn’t much of a public relations director… so hunters fisherman and slender are the problem… and we will charge them to pass on OUR property…classic not in my back yard… going to take government involvement to fix this and pressure from businesses… and she isn’t trying to be a public relations director…. Intentionally 

I am guessing there is a nasty back story here. Will be interesting to hear from FCMQ, I bet when negotiating the trail agreement as is done each year the ZEC organization/ gangsters, We're probably moaning for $ And FCMQ,said no. So this is most likely to extort $ from FCMQ.

At 63 Zec's and a daily pass!!! This is a logistical nightmare for planning a trip!! Especially a on the fly plan. 

Seems like the Zec's need to erect toll booths and man them!!!! Sorry put a human at them.

You can see the writing on the wall, trail access fight between FCMQ and this NON PROFIT!!!!! Private Zec management thugs, that ultimately will lead to a sizable increase in trail pass costs to grease the Zec wheel!!!

That will lead to every other land owner/ manager looking for $$$$ slippery slope probably why FCMQ said No!!

IMO the trails and our $$$$$ are a needed cash flow for all involved the trail access should be eminent domain except changes for logging, its not a land seizure its just a winter access seizure.. everyone wins 🏆 

No way on hell everyone is registering

have not heard of one Quebecois getting a ticket for not registering

and i follow many french forums i have seen the question asked about the registration for the Zec but not one person has said anything about getting checked or ticketed

hate to say but this is targeted enforcement

Sorry to say but if Mont Valin was unavailable to snowmobilers i would be sad

not because i cannot ride there

but because now all the orhers who love it up therewill invade the good trails