Zec Martin Valin

Padragon800

I believe that this is a organization who doesn't want snowmobiles on any land they thing they have or do have control of.  I believe to them this is the beginning of them ending the snowmobiles on pubic land. You must understand they are saving the environment. Or they don't ride snowmobiles and don't want anyone else to.  

How long will it be before more of the parks join in. 

28 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

I believe that this is a organization who doesn't want snowmobiles on any land they thing they have or do have control of.  I believe to them this is the beginning of them ending the snowmobiles on pubic land. You must understand they are saving the environment. Or they don't ride snowmobiles and don't want anyone else to.  

How long will it be before more of the parks join in. 

I'm  going to go with they see it as another source of income. They are probably stretched pretty much the same as the majority of similar not for profit organizations in Canada are.

6 hours ago, Signfan said:

I suggest e-mailing the fcmq, the ministry of tourism and saguenay tourism. If we all do this it will gain some traction. We won't get anywhere with Nancy as is evident in her e-mails. This is crown land. It is sad for km 31 and La Chapelle. They will be the ones that suffer.

I think this is a great idea.  I wonder if someone could put together something we could just forward?  I'm not that computer literate.  

I am in total disagreement to pay for going on Mt-Valins federate trails because it pass on a ZEC and yes it is a very very dangerous precedent for the future. There are 84 zec in Quebec and in the past none of them had ever charge fees for snowmobile federate trails and there are a bunch of them that are opened in winter. 

Martin Valin Zec administrators have smell the money and are at fishing on us actually to see if it work... let them know loud and clear if you are not agreeing that... 

Here a map of the 84 Quebec's ZEC locations... 

martinvalinszec.jpg

14 minutes ago, towing said:

I am in total disagreement to pay for going on Mt-Valins federate trails because it pass on a ZEC and yes it is a very very dangerous precedent for the future. There are 84 zec in Quebec and in the past none of them had ever charge fees for snowmobile federate trails and there are a bunch of them that are opened in winter. 

Martin Valin Zec administrators have smell the money and are at fishing on us actually to see if it work... let them know loud and clear if you are not agreeing that... 

martinvalinszec.jpg

*84 toll booths? LOL! Good lord. Be like the garden state parkway!

21 minutes ago, towing said:

martinvalinszec.jpg

Exactly right. I don’t agree either with the ZEC fee. 

Hopefully the FCMQ can sit down with government and nip this in the bud.  This precedent could spell the end of organized snowmobiling in Quebec.  The economic impact of snowmobiling in Quebec is close to $2.6 billion per year, I don't believe the government will turn their back on this.

Not to sound like a "Debbie Downer" but I'm glad a put Mt Valin area on the back burner some years back. With all the increased traffic there in years and now this I can't say I miss the area or care to go back. I know the area serves it's purpose early and late but they can keep it. 

9 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Not to sound like a "Debbie Downer" but I'm glad a put Mt Valin area on the back burner some years back. With all the increased traffic there in years and now this I can't say I miss the area or care to go back. I know the area serves it's purpose early and late but they can keep it. 

That’s it in a nutshell.

23 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

I agree 100%. My concern is that if this gets traction other Zecs across the province  may suit and there are lots of them as we all know.

Ok 

first post i’ve seen talking on french forum about being fined on Zec Valin

“however it’s clear if you pass on the zec you must pay, at the end of the week several people were checked by the agents of the ZEC and had to pay an offense of more than $ 400

from what I am told, the Chapel and the 31 lost a lot of customers because of it”

21 minutes ago, iceman said:

Ok 

first post i’ve seen talking on french forum about being fined on Zec Valin

“however it’s clear if you pass on the zec you must pay, at the end of the week several people were checked by the agents of the ZEC and had to pay an offense of more than $ 400

from what I am told, the Chapel and the 31 lost a lot of customers because of it”

400??!! That’s absurd I hope that’s not true 

Found this 

As the ZEC is in operation this winter, all people traveling on the territory, whether by vehicle or snowmobile, on federated trails, off-trail or on multi-use paths are required, according to the article 19 of the regulation on controlled zones, to register before going there. Online registration is available for those who do not go through the St-Fulgence reception station. The traffic fee of $11.70 +tx per vehicle and/or snowmobile is payable online or in person for those who do not have the annual ZEC traffic fee.

Please note that having paid your right of access from the FCMQ does not in any way exempt you from having to register to travel on the snowmobile trails that cross the ZEC. See article 19 of the ZEC regulation paragraph 4 for more details. For any questions, please write in private, by email at info@zecmartinvalin.com or call the reception desk (418) 674-9170 ext. 1

Should the other Zec's be contacted about their intentions or would that be opening up a can of worms. This could be a start of the end. I don't want go back to Tug Hill. 

A yearly pass to circulate through Zec is $185 for non members

membership is like 35$ 

Yearly pass to circulate for members 149$

all dressed...... you get pass to circulate and right to hunting and fishing. Is $380 for members

17 minutes ago, iceman said:

membership is like 35$ 

all dressed...... you get pass to circulate and right to hunting and fishing. Is $380 for members

This is definitely a big can of worms!

Is it possible to have 93 go further north and not go thru the ZEC?

that would not help km31 or Chappell 

Edited by schooter

23 minutes ago, iceman said:

membership is like 35$ 

Iceman l’m assuming this would be just for one individual ZEC?

So a $149.00 yearly pass wouldn’t cover you for all 84 ZEC in the province?

8 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

Iceman l’m assuming this would be just for one individual ZEC?

So a $149.00 yearly pass wouldn’t cover you for all 84 ZEC in the province?

This is price listed for Zec Martin Valin

each Zec is managed independent of the others. 

Thinking about sending this draft email to:

Zec Martin Valin

Tourism Saguenay

Tourism Quebec, should also cc every business in the area

We have two week long snowmobile trips planned for your region. One week with a group of 6 men, another couples trip with 6 people. Both for strictly on trail riding.

Recently found out about your new ZEC fee. The precedent set by this fee could become devastating to snowmobiling in Quebec.

We spend approximately $2,000.00 per person a week on sled trips. This is a sum of $24,000.00 spend on food, lodging gas etc supporting all your regional businesses. For many of these businesses the snowmobile revenue is their sole source of income.

Due to your new fees and the way it has been poorly handled we are considering changing our destination to one week in the Gaspe and another in New Brunswick. We were very warmly welcomed in New Brunswick last winter. Our dollars will get spend,just not in your region.

There is also rumours your patrollers are targeting out of province riders. This is very concerning.

Sincerely xxxxxx

Any comments good or bad before l fire it away?