1st time back since covid

Pullinfront

1st time back to Canada since the covid shut down.

Left out of Jackman with the plan of doing the loop around Lac  Etchemin.  Got to the river crossing on 75 in St Georges and found the ice not safe and the cable bridge out.  Has the bridge been out long?  Little disappointing that theres no bridge over a large river on a trans trail.

Ended up taking 535 to 545 back to the 1st club house.  Was going to grad lunch but the place was packed.  Figured I do the 580 25 loop.  Started out on the 580,  trail was good till St Robert but snow got a little to thin for my liking.  Turned back and headed home.  

All in all a good ride, got in a little over 200 miles.  The clubs have done a great job with low snow and lack of cold weather.  Looking forward to the next ride.

can5.jpg

can4.jpg

can2.jpg

can3.jpg

can1.jpg

On 1/26/2023 at 11:34 AM, vt_bluyamaha54 said:

The covered bridge in St. Georges has been closed awhile. Maybe 5yrs (?) Way back before it was repaired and reopened many yrs ago we would take the adjacent highway bridge when the River was open. 

I think you are talking about the covered bridge on 55 in Norte Dame des-pins.  I was talking about the river and cable bridge on 75 just south of the 55 turn off.

The river was safe to cross this weekend.