Halta23

snowmaster2112

Obedjiwan.   Probably 30 plus years ago. My dad made that trip through there and ended up in chibougamau.  Obedjiwan people are different. Bars on windows of every building. Coolers full of beer in gas station. Car pulled in with windshield gone out of it.  Then I guess they get going in the bar and then the bar closes down  Everyone ends up in middle of town.  Then a hour later the bar is back open lol.  

Heading off tomorrow morning and beat feeting it to the truck in St Zenon

finally beat that “see you next Tuesday “ Mother Nature whore

anyone riding this Friday and Saturday will pay the price....LOL

till next time

happy trails 

7 minutes ago, DareDog said:

Obedjiwan.   Probably 30 plus years ago. My dad made that trip through there and ended up in chibougamau.  Obedjiwan people are different. Bars on windows of every building. Coolers full of beer in gas station. Car pulled in with windshield gone out of it.  Then I guess they get going in the bar and then the bar closes down  Everyone ends up in middle of town.  Then a hour later the bar is back open lol.  

I wonder if your dad was remembering things differently than I and both times I have been there it was the same.

no bars on any windows, no beer sold in supermarket or depanneur, cars/trucks as you would see anywhere with their windshields intact, and I’m QUITE CERTAIN there is NOT any bar in town.

the natives drive down to Magasin General in Parent in a minivan. Load it floor to ceiling with 60 packs of Budweiser at 100 bucks a pop. Then they go back to Obedjiwan and sell it for 200 a pack. Minus the 16-20 they threw out the window and drank on the way back

seen it with my own eyes. MORE than once

1 hour ago, snowmaster2112 said:

I wonder if your dad was remembering things differently than I and both times I have been there it was the same.

no bars on any windows, no beer sold in supermarket or depanneur, cars/trucks as you would see anywhere with their windshields intact, and I’m QUITE CERTAIN there is NOT any bar in town.

the natives drive down to Magasin General in Parent in a minivan. Load it floor to ceiling with 60 packs of Budweiser at 100 bucks a pop. Then they go back to Obedjiwan and sell it for 200 a pack. Minus the 16-20 they threw out the window and drank on the way back

seen it with my own eyes. MORE than once

Same thing on road south of Rapide-Sept north of reserve @ Winnaway. Six packs on side of road every few miles!

2 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Lots of $ on the rez. Once saw an Escalade headed for the ice road to Ft. Albany in Ontario!

2 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

anyone riding this Friday and Saturday will pay the price....LOL

If my sled starts we will be riding, you must be getting soft. Come on man. LOL

Edited by iceman

8 hours ago, iceman said:

If my sled starts we will be riding, you must be getting soft. Come on man. LOL

I think I am

im just at the point in my life that suffering through cold and snowstorms just isn’t fun anymore. And believe me I have been through MANY of both

12 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

I think I am

im just at the point in my life that suffering through cold and snowstorms just isn’t fun anymore. And believe me I have been through MANY of both

Me too, and feel the same about the mileage each day. 

12 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

It's not a local village unless there is at least one dog running around pissing on everything! 

1 hour ago, snowmaster2112 said:

I think I am

WTF! This is not the Chris I know, snap out of it , strap that frozen pizza on the back and throttle out!