Making the northwest loop

Pipeman

8 hours ago, Pipeman said:

No cook at Amosphere so supper was chicken wings or chicken fingers with fries. Waitress was also the “cook” poor girl ran around like a nut but did a great job, breakfast was normal and our dinner waitress was working again! 

Sold we will take it.

Brought all our food and liquor to Haltaparche 

been feasting on Michelob Ultra’s, Red wine, goulash, linguine with Swedish meatballs, homemade breakfast casserole, quesadillas, tostinos and of course Nutty Butty bars.

oh, we brought some crinkle cut French fries too.

A71899A8-D4F1-4425-BE09-5B9206EEA502.jpeg

43 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Awesome Wes

give is a Faillon report in the am before you leave

man I miss those Abitibi trails

Thanks Chris. Dinner is a selection of lasagna, shrimp or pork  and rice with veggies but as stated you heat it in a microwave. It was good but not like we used to have obviously and breakfast is cereal, toast etc… Honestly I question if she is in a hurry to hire and return to normal. Less overhead and people still rolling in. 

31274A9C-111D-4A19-B05F-8760E680B1EB.jpeg

7E11FAC8-9A03-4BDB-98CC-4064E82F4F09.jpeg

2C224AE4-9634-4838-AA15-EAE9BA80099F.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

Thanks Chris. Dinner is a selection of lasagna, shrimp or pork  and rice with veggies but as stated you heat it in a microwave. It was good but not like we used to have obviously and breakfast is cereal, toast etc… Honestly I question if she is in a hurry to hire and return to normal. Less overhead and people still rolling in. 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/31274A9C-111D-4A19-B05F-8760E680B1EB.thumb.jpeg.d61e28eab9ac018376e1a95183171743.jpeg

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/7E11FAC8-9A03-4BDB-98CC-4064E82F4F09.thumb.jpeg.43e51c0c0e21ea18b94526f5eadcbeef.jpeg

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/2C224AE4-9634-4838-AA15-EAE9BA80099F.thumb.jpeg.bc5e01675696c08608342ae0f4c2c937.jpeg

She may get away with it this year but it will catch up with her. I certainly won't be recommending it any more unless things change.

Our F---ing Canadian federal government have given away so much money since Covid started, to pretty much anyone who applied that now people are "entitled" to not have to work. Not a good spot for us to be in. Rant over!

9 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

She may get away with it this year but it will catch up with her. I certainly won't be recommending it any more unless things change.

Our F---ing Canadian federal government have given away so much money since Covid started, to pretty much anyone who applied that now people are "entitled" to not have to work. Not a good spot for us to be in. Rant over!

Yep, pathetic! Same BS in the USA

2 hours ago, Pipeman said:

Three of us are going through Fallion in a little over 2 wks.  When we made ghe reservations they told us that was the meal situation.  Had there been something else in the area we likely would have taken it.  One of the bonuses of staying at outfitters for me is having a good meal.  

Was there a few weeks ago. The owner needs to wake up. Doesn’t take much to have a tray of scrambled eggs & bacon there also for breakfast.  Got a huge kitchen there not being used. For the money they charge I’m passing by next time until they go back to the Lac Faillon I know & loved. 

Have a great ride East today Wes!

10 hours ago, Florida Snowman said:

Was there a few weeks ago. The owner needs to wake up. Doesn’t take much to have a tray of scrambled eggs & bacon there also for breakfast.  Got a huge kitchen there not being used. For the money they charge I’m passing by next time until they go back to the Lac Faillon I know & loved. 

Have a great ride East today Wes!

Yep, disappointing for sure Tom. Thanks will do!

Great ride...and absolutely one of the best parts of riding Quebec has always been the hospitality and camaraderie at days end over dinner and drink....this current situation is a real issue...all government created...rest assured these idiots who won't work are going to wake up one day and realize they have nothing in their wallet but a bunch of broken political promises...and I will never feel bad for them. Great report!!

Can’t beat the food at 100 Lacs. The new owner Paul is running a great camp there. Fantastic stop. 

Did you go up the hill behind the new warming shack to the lookout tower? Great views from up there. 

D683C71B-5E6E-44DC-949C-00355E4C6A87.jpeg

FF909DFC-E5F6-4861-BE1D-BBF1E8DDAD85.jpeg

Edited by Florida Snowman

On 2/1/2023 at 8:46 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Is it that or is it just that the baby boomers are all retiring?  The employers that have got away with paying peanuts for years are just finding they can no longer get help.  Some call it a labour's shortage.  Others say it's a lack of employers willing to pay a decent wage.  I manage a team of trades people.  We have no issues getting help.  But we're paying union wages which attracts the best people.

11 hours ago, Signfan said:

Is it that or is it just that the baby boomers are all retiring?  The employers that have got away with paying peanuts for years are just finding they can no longer get help.  Some call it a labour's shortage.  Others say it's a lack of employers willing to pay a decent wage.  I manage a team of trades people.  We have no issues getting help.  But we're paying union wages which attracts the best people.

I totally agree with this. I personally don't know any able bodied, working age people that aren't employed. A large number of boomers stayed in the workforce a lot longer than expected. Previous generations had to wait years for the generation before them to exit the work force and free up good opportunities. It's hard to comprehend the employment opportunities the young people have today, there's nobody in their way, and they don't have to pay their dues in low level positions like so many of us did. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by P Hardy

On 2/1/2023 at 1:50 PM, blackjack1 said:

Don't expect much at Lac Fallion,was there a couple of weeks ago.no cook either,micro-wave your self supper.breakfast was a toaster. seems more and more these remote places.

On 2/1/2023 at 8:04 PM, Pipeman said:

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/31274A9C-111D-4A19-B05F-8760E680B1EB.thumb.jpeg.d61e28eab9ac018376e1a95183171743.jpeg

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/7E11FAC8-9A03-4BDB-98CC-4064E82F4F09.thumb.jpeg.43e51c0c0e21ea18b94526f5eadcbeef.jpeg

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/2C224AE4-9634-4838-AA15-EAE9BA80099F.thumb.jpeg.bc5e01675696c08608342ae0f4c2c937.jpeg

We stayed there this past week, forewarned about the food due to “lack of staff”…..I can see why they may not return to full kitchen unless business drops, it’s an easy no hassle alternative, sadly. 

On 2/2/2023 at 6:55 PM, Pipeman said:

We did the Chibougamau loop, clockwise from Shawinigan. 
Maybe we crossed paths. 
That run across the bottom from kanawata to faillon was the best stretch / ride from our loop for sure without a doubt, just over 400km. 
Spent an hour is in that same warm up shack getting a fire going, cutting some wood, restocking the wood in the shack from the storage shed and enjoying the scenery!

F9688370-8EC6-4E0B-A6BD-AD9262FF6989.jpeg

7531A04F-B768-4B81-A40D-E2258502B41E.jpeg

Finished up our trip Saturday afternoon no issues other than one of our sleds not starting in the record cold we experienced the last couple mornings.. -52f ! Unreal. Needless to say we didn’t take many pictures or start much before 10am the last couple days. All in all a fantastic trip with a great couple of friends! 

566FBB13-F839-4E0C-9524-FE5B17C34988.jpeg

23AB42AA-FE8A-4695-812F-C64A165C6FAD.jpeg

6B64019A-9A8D-47B6-817E-508B00F3F7C6.jpeg

60802670-6D68-4F35-A28C-22CB903400F0.jpeg