595 Temporary closed

PMAC

Friends are in the Gaspe now. Yesterday they started down 595 from the north shore and came across a stuck groomer and had to turn around. Saw pic this morning on FB showing 595 South was really drifted. Said hoping to get the groomer through today.

Poor clubs having to deal with drifts, down trees and stuck groomers. Always amazes me what a wonderful system Quebec has with the majority of the week being done by volunteers.

53677BF2-3247-48C2-9BE4-7F941091D7FC.jpeg

595 can be incredibly wild with drifting like no where else...we traveled it when it was closed last year...the folks at

La Cashe were shocked to see us...only 3 sleds in 2 days...and it looked like they had a week in front of them...some drifts were 25 to 30 feet high...in hind sight ...we took a very big risk....first time ever I felt out of my comfort zone...if anything had happened...we may not of made it....when it is closed....you better think twice before thinking you have a lot of experience riding the bush

9 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

Friends are in the Gaspe now. Yesterday they started down 595 from the north shore and came across a stuck groomer and had to turn around. Saw pic this morning on FB showing 595 South was really drifted. Said hoping to get the groomer through today.

Poor clubs having to deal with drifts, down trees and stuck groomers. Always amazes me what a wonderful system Quebec has with the majority of the week being done by volunteers.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/53677BF2-3247-48C2-9BE4-7F941091D7FC.thumb.jpeg.a42fb48ef202855f737dc857ddebdc39.jpeg

Groomer is out and running again was headed for La Cache last update i saw from club

Edited by iceman