A Cold Weekend

smclelan

Decided to do a quick short loop in the Gaspe last weekend with my better half, and that it certainly was a short one.  Plans were to leave early Friday morning from Point a la Croix and go to Grande Nature.  Started early Friday morning by losing my wallet.  Searched high and low in the room, bags, back out to the bar, even up to the hot tub. No luck.  Had to call and cancel debit and credit cards. Frustrated now plus becoming to later start, went out to start the sleds and the 900 T was dead RRRRR!  Took the bags off got the booster pack out, still no go. Scratched my head, then tried the key fob off the 600.... everything starts. OMG mixed up the key fobs!  10:30 we start out and temperatures are dropping like a stone and the wind is strong.  Made it to the cable bridge all is good. Onwards to Groomers Clubhouse.  We land there and Kelly says she is very cold, wind has got considerably stronger and visibility had decreased.  All good, we change plans and off to the Select in Amqui. By the time we get there we were hitting serious white out conditions in the fields and the wind was biting cold.  Likely 30 sleds at the Select Friday night. Saturday morning it appear all 30 sleds stayed at to weather out the cold and wind.  Saturday consisted of eating, drinking, playing pool, hot tubs, and swimming pools for sledders. Plus found my missing wallet in my trunk bag! A great day. All highways in and out of Amqui except the Matepedia route were blocked and closed because of visibility. Sunday we headed back to the truck on some groomed trails and some ready for grooming that were drifted bad.  Big trip, about 180 miles! LOL A nice relaxing weekend that will be a great memory and laughs for a long time.  A few pics of our adventure.

20230202_205128.jpg

20230204_091944.jpg

20230204_141957.jpg

20230204_142553.jpg

20230204_160428.jpg

20230205_104322.jpg

20230205_110243.jpg

20230205_110614.jpg

20230205_110827.jpg

20230205_110936.jpg

bonsoir !!!

nice ones steven ....

like the one with church ....just below....owner of the yard , built a new house  2 years ago...cant go close to bridge by truck now.....and not much parking along the street ...

just too bad for you with that cold temps...great weather to ride today .....but windy in the afternoon .....looks like there s more traffic now

jean-guy