Temiscaming weather

zrtkat

Going to get light rain Wednesday in Temiscaming Wednesday,hoping that does not change plans for our upcoming trip on the 20th.

After that looks like snow coming and colder weather. Anyone from that area that could give a update Thursday would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Zrtkat 

17 minutes ago, ssr said:

I’m heading there On the 21 st, hoping they get the snow on Thursday too

ssr

we are pulling out Monday morning for Val-Dor will let you know how it was hoping for snow Thursday night it says 6-8 inches hopefully it happens and after that the weather looks great.

Blackjack 1 is also going up on the Sunday too 

hoping for the best

zrtkat

18 hours ago, zrtkat said:

ssr

we are pulling out Monday morning for Val-Dor will let you know how it was hoping for snow Thursday night it says 6-8 inches hopefully it happens and after that the weather looks great.

Blackjack 1 is also going up on the Sunday too 

hoping for the best

zrtkat

Should get a better reading/update tomor. after this thaw/freeze. Serge @W Yammie dealership in Ville Marie can give you current update-straight shooter/used to be in Bearn!

51 minutes ago, Muskoka2 said:

Should get a better reading/update tomor. after this thaw/freeze. Serge @W Yammie dealership in Ville Marie can give you current update-straight shooter/used to be in Bearn!

hoping for good news after today I would hate to have to cancel all my reservations but do not want to spend $2000.00 and have bad trails for sure will update if I get any information.

zrtkat

1 hour ago, zrtkat said:

hoping for good news after today I would hate to have to cancel all my reservations but do not want to spend $2000.00 and have bad trails for sure will update if I get any information.

zrtkat

Could always drive a bit further North!

1 hour ago, zrtkat said:

zrtkat

Friend was there last week-goes every year-said 8 out of 10!

2 hours ago, Ditch Banger said:

I will be in Temiscaming about 5pm tomorrow. Will give you an update. The few mm of rain should not be an issue.

Thanks Ditch Banger will be anxiously waiting by my computer for your up-date

Thanks 

zrtkat

We are leaving this morning from Timmins (on our sleds) heading out for a week in the region.  Have reservations in Rouyn tonight.  Some trails between Timmins and the border on the Ontario side have gone from green to yellow overnight.  All trails on the Quebec side remain in green status this morning.  It's really cold here right now and we had a few inches of snow overnight.  We are packing and will be going.

Edited by jacrider
Small update

1 hour ago, jacrider said:

We are leaving this morning from Timmins (on our sleds) heading out for a week in the region.  Have reservations in Rouyn tonight.  Some trails between Timmins and the border on the Ontario side have gone from green to yellow overnight.  All trails on the Quebec side remain in green status this morning.  It's really cold here right now and we had a few inches of snow overnight.  We are packing and will be going.

jacrider

thanks for the up-date let me know how the trails are in Quebec

zrtkat

1 hour ago, zrtkat said:

jacrider

thanks for the up-date let me know how the trails are in Quebec

zrtkat

Just spoke to Serge Ferron-Yammie dealer in Ville Marie. Said about a foot of snow/icy from rain yesterday. No bare spots-more snow further north!

4 minutes ago, Muskoka2 said:

Just spoke to Serge Ferron-Yammie dealer in Ville Marie. Said about a foot of snow/icy from rain yesterday. No bare spots-more snow further north!

Thanks Muskoka2 if we get a little snow hoping we  should be okay calling for more snow next week as long as they do not change the trail conditions on the map so far still green. will make a decision after I hear from dithbanger he is going to be in Temiscaming around 5 pm

Zrtkat

Got into Temaicaming about 4:30. Staying at Canadiana tonight. Put everything in the room pulled my wife’s sled off the trailer and went for a spin North of town. Went as far as the left  turn for the voyagers clubhouse about 12 miles.  Trails are hard lots of sled and carbide tracks frozen in. They haven’t been touched since B4 the warm and rain. Sled ran at normal temp with out the scratcher’s down. Now -10 going to -20 tonight. Just saw the groomer go by the hotel. As soon as they groom them they will be great. Supposed to get 6 to 8 cm tonight so if we do lube will not be an issue. We are riding from here to Amos tomorrow staying at Eskers and then to Chibougamau Saturday staying at the Nordic. I will update on thé conditions we get Friday and Saturday. Road crossings are bare and the shoulders are as well but the trails should survive and snow is in the forecast. I’m sure as we go North it will only get better. 

2 minutes ago, Ditch Banger said:

Got into Temaicaming about 4:30. Staying at Canadiana tonight. Put everything in the room pulled my wife’s sled off the trailer and went for a spin North of town. Went as far as the left  turn for the voyagers clubhouse about 12 miles.  Trails are hard lots of sled and carbide tracks frozen in. They haven’t been touched since B4 the warm and rain. Sled ran at normal temp with out the scratcher’s down. Now -10 going to -20 tonight. Just saw the groomer go by the hotel. As soon as they groom them they will be great. Supposed to get 6 to 8 cm tonight so if we do lube will not be an issue. We are riding from here to Amos tomorrow staying at Eskers and then to Chibougamau Saturday staying at the Nordic. I will update on thé conditions we get Friday and Saturday. Road crossings are bare and the shoulders are as well but the trails should survive and snow is in the forecast. I’m sure as we go North it will only get better. 

Thanks Ditchbanger was waiting for some good news we are arriving Sunday and riding till the next sunday with the snow in forecast next week should be good to go.

Zrtkat

1 minute ago, Ditch Banger said:

I’m sure you will be good. If you look on the FCMQ site and click on groomers there is purple showing up everywhere. By tomorrow morning they will have a lot of trails covered. They will be out in full force Tonight. 

Sounds good update us tomorrow night on trail  conditions if possible, we are leaving Sunday early morning we got a 10 hr drive from Ohio to get there we have 1 more day to back out if we have to but the conditions you describe we should have a good week of riding.

Thanks 

Zrtkat

Just enjoying a cold beverage here in Rouyn.  Best trails we had today were in Quebec.  The area is supposed to get snow over the next few days and temps all below 0 celsius.  Looking forward to the next few days riding up here.  

For those looking to stay in Rouyn, recommend the Quality Inn.  Loads of sleds and a great bar.

Enjoy all.

1 minute ago, jacrider said:

Just enjoying a cold beverage here in Rouyn.  Best trails we had today were in Quebec.  The area is supposed to get snow over the next few days and temps all below 0 celsius.  Looking forward to the next few days riding up here.  

For those looking to stay in Rouyn, recommend the Quality Inn.  Loads of sleds and a great bar.

Enjoy all.

Jacrider 

thanks for the up-date the reports we are getting are sounding good in Quebec with some snowfall coming should be good to go for next week

Enjoy your evening and happy trails tomorrow.

Zrtkat

46 minutes ago, jacrider said:

A beautiful day of trail riding here in the Abitibi area.  Rode from Rouyn this morning to La Sarre for a great lunch.  Now back in Rouyn.  Trails were awesome.  Cold clear blue day.  Fantastic day.

Happy to hear about the great trails bought our trail passes today packing up tomorrow leaving Sunday for Temiscaming.

Thanks for the updates

Zrtkat