Gaspesie23

snowmaster2112

If your looking for a trail report....LOL....I have none yet. Wont be starting the trip until Sunday morning. Arriving in St Pamphile Saturday for supper.

It has been about 4 years since we were there and we are on a redemption tour as last time we couldn't fully complete the trip due to mother nature. I have very fond memories of the 1/2 dozen or so times we have done the Gaspesie. Like in 2003 when mon ami Andre and I left his parents place in St Jean-de-Matha on a Saturday morning and returned the following Saturday afternoon with 2000 miles on after circling the Gaspe from there. He was on a Yamaha 700 SRX triple and me on a 2001 MXZ800 ZX chassis. We literally had ZERO issues with the machines or trails the entire ride. Don't think I could duplicate it again nowadays if I had Bill Gates money.

So it got me to looking at some old pics and decided to post them if any ones interested. Would ALSO like to see any Gaspe pics and stories YOU have as it will pump me up even more for the trip. The older the better. I look at these pics and think man....snowmobiling was more fun, cheaper and EASY back then than it is today for some reason.

Here....mon ami Andre at gas station in Murdochville. I call it my "whole lotta yellow" picture. If I zoom in I can see my triangular shaped Garmin V on the bars. This was pre Zumo450 I still use. Pic date says 2/4/07

img727.jpg

Here same day my 2007 MXZ 600SDI which was a big mistake. Way to underpowered for me. Spent two seasons with it to the bar everywhere I went and still couldnt hurt it. Had a two year engine warranty and couldn't get a new one no matter how hard I tried. Sold it with 8,XXX miles. I do see that my beloved Zumo (which I still use) made it's debut that year though.

DSCF1579.JPG

After a VERY successful trip with mon ami Glen from Vermont that trip....THIS happens 60 miles from the truck on last day at high noon on a railbed trail. Look closely at the deer hair under left lower windshield area. 

DSCF1590.JPG

Fu*&er came out of nowhere OVER the bank UP on the trail with me doing 75+. I figure by the time I hit him I was doing 60+ 

his body wrapped around right side and kicked up into the air EASY 10 ft where he came crashing down in the middle of the trail with a broken back.

I stepped off the sled, reached in my pocket for my camera (yes it was a camera back then LOL) and took this pic

Shit was all over my bibs too

DSCF1589.JPG

1 hour ago, snowmaster2112 said:

If your looking for a trail report....LOL....I have none yet. Wont be starting the trip until Sunday morning. Arriving in St Pamphile Saturday for supper.

It has been about 4 years since we were there and we are on a redemption tour as last time we couldn't fully complete the trip due to mother nature. I have very fond memories of the 1/2 dozen or so times we have done the Gaspesie. Like in 2003 when mon ami Andre and I left his parents place in St Jean-de-Matha on a Saturday morning and returned the following Saturday afternoon with 2000 miles on after circling the Gaspe from there. He was on a Yamaha 700 SRX triple and me on a 2001 MXZ800 ZX chassis. We literally had ZERO issues with the machines or trails the entire ride. Don't think I could duplicate it again nowadays if I had Bill Gates money.

So it got me to looking at some old pics and decided to post them if any ones interested. Would ALSO like to see any Gaspe pics and stories YOU have as it will pump me up even more for the trip. The older the better. I look at these pics and think man....snowmobiling was more fun, cheaper and EASY back then than it is today for some reason.

Here....mon ami Andre at gas station in Murdochville. I call it my "whole lotta yellow" picture. If I zoom in I can see my triangular shaped Garmin V on the bars. This was pre Zumo450 I still use. Pic date says 2/4/07

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/img727.thumb.jpg.baabd469ec2a18d3cfea0796ef05f79f.jpg

I see Jaques H2 from Hotel Copper

We may cross paths next week. We will be in the Gaspe for a 3 day loop Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday next week.

Sunday night Quality Inn Campelton, NB

Monday Copper Hotel

Tueday night Quality Inn, Matane

Wednesday night, Interprovincial , Pointe e le Croix

2 more days in New Brunswick.

would be great to meet some people from the forum.

E4D7878E-A4A2-40D3-A290-D57A7C0CE4C1.png

3 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Fu*&er came out of nowhere OVER the bank UP on the trail with me doing 75+. I figure by the time I hit him I was doing 60+ 

his body wrapped around right side and kicked up into the air EASY 10 ft where he came crashing down in the middle of the trail with a broken back.

I stepped off the sled, reached in my pocket for my camera (yes it was a camera back then LOL) and took this pic

Shit was all over my bibs too

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/DSCF1589.thumb.JPG.f3b6d54363e8c58259766987f10ab5d9.JPG

Only question is did the mess on the seat come from the deere or you?  All kidding aside good to know you walked away from it unhurt.  Have a great trip.  Hopefully the moose aren't an issue this year in the gaspe.

Edited by Signfan

8 hours ago, smclelan said:

I will get home Saturday and should be back up Wednesday night to the Inter-Provincial to start another 4 day trip, maybe we will cross paths.

Would love to see and chat with you again and others Steve.

we have no set plan or path yet and will be “winging” it so we could be anywhere at anytime.

it will be hard for me to recognize others so if anyone sees me (will be in a group of 4) with a bright red Sidewinder in the mix……”tap the top of your helmet with your hand”  This will signal to me that your a QRider and will stop.

can’t miss my bright green/yellow helmet ……LOL also may (or may not) have my blue LED’s on near my front shocks 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/0D83892D-240F-4DBD-803F-98099AC2C408.thumb.jpeg.8ef6cfb145e33c2df94074932fd5c0d6.jpeg

Edited by snowmaster2112

9 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

GT Rider, what ever happened to that sled and how did it treat you ?

That was a great sled for about 10,000 miles. Then it ate a piston. It didn't owe me anything.

I had the engine worked on in the Saguenay. It didn't hold up well and I moved on.

sounds like a lot of us are going to be out there next week. I'll be posting from Sunday on so hopefully the internets (George Bush) thingy will help some of us connect. Looks to be a great week weather and trail wise. 

Keep the pics coming !!! 

Here is another

img726.jpg

16 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Would love to see and chat with you again and others Steve.

we have no set plan or path yet and will be “winging” it so we could be anywhere at anytime.

it will be hard for me to recognize others so if anyone sees me (will be in a group of 4) with a bright red Sidewinder in the mix……”tap the top of your helmet with your hand”  This will signal to me that your a QRider and will stop.

can’t miss my bright green/yellow helmet ……LOL also may (or may not) have my blue LED’s on near my front shocks 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/0D83892D-240F-4DBD-803F-98099AC2C408.thumb.jpeg.8ef6cfb145e33c2df94074932fd5c0d6.jpeg

Booked into the Grande Nature Thursday night