Gaspesie23

snowmaster2112

bessette's custom dual track sled at the riotel, this sled had a write up in SNOWTECH magazine.  trail 5 at those 2 cabins somewhere, look out back in 2010

gaspe 2010 129.jpg

gaspe 2010 173.jpg

gaspe 2010 237.jpg

Grand Riviere, at the Motel du Ravage. Bit of a strange place, rode from Murdochville, trail was getting real thin coming off the hill into the town area, getting dark no signs. met a guy at the gas station from the snowmobile club. He went to club house, got a Yamaha work sled and guided us into town, Much appreciated. us and 2 other sleds there. woke up in the middle of the night with some sketchy kids doing backwards doughnuts in the parking lot with a front wheel drive shit box of sorts. That year (2010) north shore area was deep snow, south shore trails very thin but passable. it was a trip of 2 extremes. good time.

gaspe 2010 258.jpg

gaspe 2010 262.jpg

(year 2019) it was a colder year. rode across river from Cacouna to the L' Isle-Vert island. very cool, it was on our way back to RDL, getting dark had to make it quick as i did not want to cross the river in darkness. River was staked with pine branches, still a little scary.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/20190303_174336.thumb.jpg.a91b999247639e46c204d508e01d7b00.jpg

20190303_174256.jpg

I was told by girl on the phone when I booked here (Florence) that due to off season and slow business they leave the lobby at 5 pm and don’t return until morning and that the restaurant is closed. Said if we were here after 5 our room keys would be in one of those realtor lock boxes outside. Well....we made it by 4:30 and  we got to meet Florence and Maude. 

Maude cleans here and is also one of the cooks. 

So, I’m chumming it up with Maude & Florence and jokingly say....call the owner and say you have four snowmobilers here that don’t want to walk down the street to the other restaurant in town and  could they stay and cook for us. LOL

Maude whips out here cell and says the owner says do it if you want too. Well by now the charm has overwhelmed Maude and she says give me your order and come back to the dining room in an hour. 

5 glasses of red box wine, a shower and a walk on the pier we come into this....

seafood pizza with Matane shrimp & scallops, and fries.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/6E433D1B-DB3D-4403-8AAD-6F3517B7FB3D.thumb.jpeg.d4488a7f194e68aa4984444d7dc886f0.jpeg

Edited by snowmaster2112