Gaspesie23

snowmaster2112

On 2/21/2023 at 7:50 PM, snowmaster2112 said:

Would ALSO like to see any Gaspe pics and stories YOU have as it will pump me up even more for the trip. The older the better. 

I rode the Gaspe for the first time with some nut on a Skidoo.  Possibly 2006 ish as I think I was on my 2005 Vector. Until that time I had never seen a moose while riding despite all the signs posted everywhere.  I remember being super psyched when we came across some moose on the trail.  We took our obligatory pics and eventually they moved off the trail and we were able to continue.  We then came upon another group on the trail and they were not wanting to leave the trail because the snow was like 6' deep.  We had to make an executive decision to attempt to pass the moose off trail and hope we didn't spook them or bury the sleds.  All of us got by successfully.  Then, we came across yet another group of moose that would NOT get out of the way.  As they trotted along we came to a bridge made with 6x6's with gaps in between.  One moose fell into the bridge and was stuck.  Now we were in a predicament.  We could not get around it and we didn't have enough gas to back track, and the only gas station ahead was due to close shortly.  We shut the sleds down and started discussing options.  I recall pondering that out West they have cattle guards in the roads in the free range areas.  Cattle will not cross these guards, but moose will cross 6x6's with big gaps?  Anyhoo, long story short the moose got him/herself out of the bridge and we were able to continue.  We send the nut on the skidoo ahead to keep the gas station open until the rest of us could get there.  Thought I might just freeze to death in the Gaspe that night.  Good times!!

Great story Kendoo, and glad you gave moose their space, they are at their weakest at that time of year. And.....because I know others will be asking....any chance the 'nut' on the ski doo went by the name of Chris, or perhaps snowmaster?

1 hour ago, neksledr said:

Great story Kendoo, and glad you gave moose their space, they are at their weakest at that time of year. And.....because I know others will be asking....any chance the 'nut' on the ski doo went by the name of Chris, or perhaps snowmaster?

I can neither confirm or deny...LOL.   I also recall having some strangers 15 year old kid with us as his father's sled broke and was going to meet us at the hotel that night.  I remember thinking how his father would be feeling if none of us showed up and no way to communicate with him.  So many stories and to think I forgot most of them.

As I remember we called that run the “moose ass 1300”

1300 for the miles and because we spent so much time that afternoon, evening, AND night staring at ....well...moose ass

was just looking at those pics the other night Ken. You NEED to rent a sled next year if you don’t have one and WE NEED to do another trip together 

here today out on the 597 south of Murdochville 

dosnt get any sweeter

meeting Ice & wife in a little bit for a cocktail 

8E1AB3C6-D13A-4DE8-9D03-3FA7CF391A6A.jpeg

597 is amazing!!! First time in Gaspie with skidoo420 we went down it ,they had it groomed two lanes for north and south. Beautiful scenery at full throttle.  We were in chandler in what seemed like 30 minutes.  

Enjoy thanks for posting and bringing us along

34 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

As I remember we called that run the “moose ass 1300”

1300 for the miles and because we spent so much time that afternoon, evening, AND night staring at ....well...moose ass

was just looking at those pics the other night Ken. You NEED to rent a sled next year if you don’t have one and WE NEED to do another trip together 

here today out on the 597 south of Murdochville 

dosnt get any sweeter

meeting Ice & wife in a little bit for a cocktail 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_02/8E1AB3C6-D13A-4DE8-9D03-3FA7CF391A6A.thumb.jpeg.048c6b2f8893e183fbbbd4185dab7872.jpeg

Woah, wait a minute!! Chris, are you conceding that you may have in fact been 'the nut on the doo'? If so, this thread is ramping up big time,  and we need more input from you! On a side note, give our best to loverboy and Petunia!

51 minutes ago, neksledr said:

On a side note, give our best to loverboy and Petunia!

Great Thanks

just had beer come out my nose from laughing while reading this

nut doo aka snowmaster and the gang just left 

Chris we forgot to get a picture oh well. Awesone gang with snowmaster

as always we could bullshit until morning and then some

45 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

we are at Chic-Chac.....aka...the old church behind the gas station 

Guess liquor and food pays better than Jesus nowadays 

TOO LITTLE time with Ice & Caroline.  Next time we're staying up till the sun rises

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_03/16776327779929000009677080364867.thumb.jpg.31fc24355e485b50026c53e64d877db6.jpg

Had no idea that was bar.  Drove by there last Friday....may pass through Murdochville again this friday.