Saguenay day ride suggestions?

doobraap

We were thinking of heading to the Delta 3/12-3/16 and need some suggestions for day rides about 175mi.   Last couple times I was there I had the luxury of just following Saguenay Bill around so I am not sure where we even went.   An overnight away for the Delta would be good too if it makes sense.  It's been 15+ years since riding there.

I remember we went to some caves, of course Relais la Chapelle, and the "something" express trail...

I have been reading the drama with the Zec permits so I am aware about that.

Thoughts?

We had thought about an overnight this year but didn't make it to the Delta.  Sandi and I were going to ride to the new bridge north of Lac St Jean on trail 373 and stay overnight in Girardville or Dolbeau.  A round trip would be around 300 miles depending on your choice of trails.  A stay overnight would have made for a shorter day and time to explore the north side of the Lac.  The return back could be a Tour de Lac around the south side of Lac St Jean.

Jack & Sandi

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the route suggestions.  We ended up at the Delta for 5 nights (3/11-3/15)  and had 4 great rides.  1st day was to the Chapelle and out to a lookout for a spectacular view and back to the Delta.  Hardly anyone on the trails and conditions were quite good.  Lots of pavement at the delta but still not too bad.  2nd ride we went down to Mt Apica for another great view.  Took the green 368 back to the south side of Saguenay and it was PERFECT. What a great ride.   3rd day we went up to Onatchiway and over to the new bridge on 373.  Also checked out the Lac Lamothe cave along the way.  Lots of groomed trails all day.  Getting much thinner from the dam to the delta now..   4th day we went back up to Valin and went up the 251 Bras louis I think,  I was chatting to my son on the communicator how this is the best trail EVER and we came across a plowed section maybe 2 miles long and it was just chunky rocks.  After that is was awesome again.  The last 10 miles back to the Delta was a lot of snirt so we called it a trip.

I took the same picture of that same tilted Bras Louis sign 15+ years ago with that same sled next to it. Time flies.   I will say the Delta has lost a little snowmobiling magic since Saguenay Bill was not there....

bras3.jpg

braslouis2.jpg