Vermont to RDL

neksledr

Left from camp in Averill VT this morning at 6am, pulled into Universal in RDL before 5pm with 373 miles ticked off. Easily the most incredible day of riding I have ever had, trails were an 11/10 all day long! We are only two, so pace was kept swift all day with gas and go's and a quick lunch. Didn't take many pics because of that, but I've got thousands of primo shots in my memory bank that I wish I could share! Plans are to head towards Gaspe in the morning and do some exploring. This place is packed with sleds, so need to be on seats early in the a.m.!

20230306_080725.jpg

20230306_080736.jpg

20230306_093221.jpg

20230306_093227.jpg

20230306_100308.jpg

20230306_110919.jpg

20230306_111030.jpg

1 hour ago, mikerider said:

Very impressive day.  Have a great trip. Wish I was at the bar tonight.

Mike, I asked for the mayors suite, and they said you were AWOL, so I got it, but tough shoes to fill around here! Sorry we missed you!

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

Tabarnack!  373 miles is a monster day, won't be a late night in the bar I bet.

Looking forward to your ride reports.

Trails were incredible Steven,  made for an easy day! Hoping we catch some of the same luck headed east!

Way to Rock & Roll Terry! Awesome day my friend. At Auberge Eva tonight in Lac-Bouchette.  We are finishing up 6 days of touring north of the Saint Lawrence tomorrow then driving the trucks to RDL on Wednesday. Sorry I couldn’t make this trip with you. Let’s get one in next year. It’s been too many years!

So, up and out of the gate at 6am this morning,  trying to beat the crowd.  2 other sleds beat us out, but we leap frogged with them most of the morning,  couple nice guys from Maine. Took the 5 and trails ranged early on from good to wind blown and drifted bad. A freezing fog was sticking to our visors making visibility very tough for a while. The sections of trails that had been groomed overnight were incredible with a couple inches of fresh on top, really great riding.  The ungroomed bumped up sections obviously not great, but they were short lived and gave us a taste of reality! Stayed on the 5 all the way to the 579 which ran us into the 587 and into Groomers clubhouse in Albertville.  Great lunch there, and pics for Chris to follow! Asked if the bearded ex-groomer was around, but no luck! From there we took a few orange trails to get back on 5 east which was in Incredible.  We did jump off left on the shortcut orange into L'Alverne, then onto Carleton-sur-mer where we'll spend night at Baie Blue. Another extremely fast paced day with great trails, shut the motors down at 3pm with 294 miles. Weather not looking promising for tomorrow as temps rising overnight to 35 in the morning. Will check maps in morning and plan the day. Very low snow here.

20230307_092753.jpg

20230307_092805.jpg

20230307_093123.jpg

20230307_093133.jpg

20230307_101836.jpg

20230307_101853.jpg

bonsoir neksledr !!!

just too bad .....but it came close to meet !!!

i had in mind to go this morning for a visit at the clubhouse....but around  8 45 am...started a laundry ......and my washing machine was kaputt right at the beginning 

time to remember how reset to everything (electronic )  and going to the appliance store.....lost my morning working on my machine!!!

your second pic (at the stop sign)below the one with the pile of wood.....right where i worked last summer !!!

jean-guy

6 hours ago, groomer said:

bonsoir neksledr !!!

just too bad .....but it came close to meet !!!

i had in mind to go this morning for a visit at the clubhouse....but around  8 45 am...started a laundry ......and my washing machine was kaputt right at the beginning 

time to remember how reset to everything (electronic )  and going to the appliance store.....lost my morning working on my machine!!!

your second pic (at the stop sign)below the one with the pile of wood.....right where i worked last summer !!!

jean-guy

Jean-Guy, sorry for your troubles and that we didn't get to see you, hope you got your laundry finished! Your part of the world is so beautiful,  could never grow tired of the big wilderness.  Maybe next time we'll see you!      Terry

4 hours ago, neksledr said:

Jean-Guy, sorry for your troubles and that we didn't get to see you, hope you got your laundry finished! Your part of the world is so beautiful,  could never grow tired of the big wilderness.  Maybe next time we'll see you!      Terry

good morning !!!

my mistake,my memory blank cost me my visit to clubhouse....thats why i went to appliance store to refresh my memory ...everything ok now !!!

happy that you enjoy my area !!!

pics taken first week of february !!!

jean-guy

ter 2.jpg

ter 1.jpg

March 8 / Day 3.          So not gonna lie, the predicted weather was causing some panic as we sat on the south shore and temps in the morning were 35 and climbing through the day! Our plans of heading to the Rock didn't seem like a good idea. No problem,  we'll head into the mountains and see what the weather does. The 5 is groomed perfectly as we depart Baie Blue at 6am and we are first tracking all the way. We break left onto the 595 and head towards LaCache. This was groomed yesterday, but was smooth and fast as you might expect.  Pulled into LaCache, topped off fuel, and we were talked into breakfast sandwiches! We were 'Welcomed to the Palace' by the guy and lady working, great people! The crossover trail to Murdochville did not show any recent grooming, so we were hesitant to take it, but what the hell, off we went. It was very drifted in the first high points, which made for a lot of fun! Not a trail for those looking for smooth sailing,  but if you're up for an adventure,  send it! It got better over the top, and we actually met the groomer in front of a relais, but hood was up with hydraulic fan problems, hoping it worked out. On to Murdochville for fuel top off, quick pic of the Copper, and then on to Mount St Pierre. The mountain trails ran just fine, but when dipping down into towns, it was solid mashed taters! Very tricky on corners, and lots of extra spinning. Continuing on the 5 headed west the trails were really good going, with the exception of dropping into towns. After Relais Moulin the trails were stupid fast.  The long straights were almost boring cruising at 75 and beyond! Just an an amazing day was had after initially worrying about forecast.  Pulled into the Quality Inn in Matane at 5pm with 351 miles. Not bad first 3 days, well over 1000 miles!

20230308_060452.jpg

20230308_061233.jpg

20230308_065011.jpg

20230308_065035.jpg

20230308_085935.jpg

20230308_094424.jpg