Vermont to RDL

neksledr

19 minutes ago, neksledr said:

Steven....we ride, we take fuel, we take quick pics, no exceptions!

Your obviously NOT a smoker like me.....LOL   

And check this pic out. Almost identical to yours exactly 8 days ago. Seems the ice went further off shore. Maybe the tides have something to do with it, I dont know.

unnamed (20).jpg

13 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Your obviously NOT a smoker like me.....LOL   

And check this pic out. Almost identical to yours exactly 8 days ago. Seems the ice went further off shore. Maybe the tides have something to do with it, I dont know.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_03/842662500_unnamed(20).thumb.jpg.c4120795350f6e0673603a13eacb8ec3.jpg

Chris,  I'm sure tides and wind are big factors and probably ice changes daily? Yah, no smokes here, but sugar pie and cold beers are a plus!

20 hours ago, Yeti62 said:

Hey Groomer what ever happened to the Polaris Snowmobile Coming out of the Wall at the Cub House?????

bonjour yeti !!!

i have no idea., ill try not to forget and ask someone at the clubhouse!!!

another blue sky day 

jean-guy

Day 4 - This was to be a positioning day, and we accomplished it. Left Matane early this morning and made it to Thetford Mines which will give us an easy run back to Vermont in the morning.  Will post pics and summary after we pour some beers down. 409 miles

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_03/20230309_174414.thumb.jpg.924d7aa79d914968da448a2435285b93.jpg

Edited by neksledr

35 minutes ago, neksledr said:

Day 4 - This was to be a positioning day, and we accomplished it. Left Matane early this morning a day made it to Thetford Mines which will give us an easy run back to Vermont in the morning.  Will post pics and summary after we pour some beers down. 409 miles

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_03/20230309_174414.thumb.jpg.924d7aa79d914968da448a2435285b93.jpg

That's a big day.. 

So....back to day 4. Day again was set to start at 6am, figured we would push as many miles out ASAP possible to get closer to Vermont with the temps climbing like they had been. At 5:55am we are leading bags on sleds ready to go when I realize my garmin GPS is missing.  Go back to room, nothing.  Go to front desk to see if it has been found, nothing.  Assume at this point that I left it on sled and it has been pilfered,  ugh.  Oh well, lesson learned,  let's go. Run off first 44 miles on freshly groomed trail 5, we are first tracking and fast. Next 44 miles are on day old grooming,  but still really good going. Take fuel at 5/35 jct, then continue on at a real good clip. Had some conversation with Florida Snowman last night about our itinerary for the day,  and he had said they were headed for Moose Valley today.  We had no sooner passed the moose valley sign, when around the corner comes the Snowman and Skidoo 420! After initial high 5s and how do you do's, I tell Tom about my lost GPS,  and he points to my jacket chest pocket and there is my GPS!! Talk about feeling foolish! Great seeing fellow Quebec riders, we say our good byes, and we are off. We run the 35 for the next 150 or so miles, and are making unbelievable time. Stop at Tourville relais for lunch and fuel. Our gas mileage takes a hard hit on this 35 rail line,  but wow is it worth it! How these sleds don't implode at these speeds for distances amazes me. We break off 35 for a short run on 25, then take 541 /540 into Thetford Mines to Hotel du Domaine for the night. Pretty posh place I must say! We are in great shape for an easy 140 mile run back to VT in the morning,  it has been a great run for sure. Ended up with 409 miles of totally bump free, and mostly smooth running.  Very few pics for the day, but a whole lot of fun!

20230309_065858.jpg

20230309_070148.jpg

20230309_073312.jpg

20230309_090717.jpg

Day 5- Today will be easy,  so we delay starting time until 6:30am. Temps fell to around 20 overnight,  coolest temp we saw all week. Groomer had been through so departure on trail 25 right in front of hotel flat and hard. Take that down to 540, over to 65 and into Weedon to top off fuel. From there jump on 55 until the 523 which brings us right to customs in Beecher Falls. Pass thru with no issues and run last 15 miles to camp, arriving before 10:30 with 135 miles. Flat light run, so very few pics. Deer were absolutely everywhere, use extreme caution in these areas! Total for 4.5 days of riding ended at 1556 miles. Maybe 25 miles of those had bumps, the rest were like riding in heaven! Just an incredible end of year run.

20230310_073850.jpg

20230310_073856.jpg

20230310_073905.jpg

20230310_073952.jpg

20230310_073953.jpg

20230310_074142.jpg

20230310_074304.jpg

20230310_074308.jpg

20230310_095153.jpg

20230310_110713.jpg

I understand how you feel about losing a GPS.  About 5-6 yrs back we were at the Quality Inn Matane,  set my GPS in the mount and headed out. Came to the intersection of the TQ5 and noticed my GPS was gone.  I knew I had put it on so turned and followed our tracks back in right to the parking lot, it was no where to be found. Turned and headed back out pissed at myself for loosing it.  I realized i set it in the mount but did not screw in the lock screw.  Back to the TQ5  and started down the 591, about 15km down the trail I felt snow built up under my boot on the running board.  Still mad at myself for losing the GPS I slammed my boot down a couple times to break the snow up.  Looked down and it was my GPS, luckily face up!  Never have forgot the lock screw again!!

You guy must be super tired after such a big trip......one of your pictures of deer were actually cows! LOL

Amazing mileage for 4.5 days.  Thanks for taking us along.

On 3/10/2023 at 3:40 PM, smclelan said:

I understand how you feel about losing a GPS.  About 5-6 yrs back we were at the Quality Inn Matane,  set my GPS in the mount and headed out. Came to the intersection of the TQ5 and noticed my GPS was gone.  I knew I had put it on so turned and followed our tracks back in right to the parking lot, it was no where to be found. Turned and headed back out pissed at myself for loosing it.  I realized i set it in the mount but did not screw in the lock screw.  Back to the TQ5  and started down the 591, about 15km down the trail I felt snow built up under my boot on the running board.  Still mad at myself for losing the GPS I slammed my boot down a couple times to break the snow up.  Looked down and it was my GPS, luckily face up!  Never have forgot the lock screw again!!

You guy must be super tired after such a big trip......one of your pictures of deer were actually cows! LOL

Amazing mileage for 4.5 days.  Thanks for taking us along.

Wait...what?? Ya know, I thought they looked a little different than the rest, and they did make a funny moo sounding noise....but I guess what really confused me is they didn't run off like the rest of them 😅.  

Regarding the lost GPS, I was hunting for mine Thursday morning in Amqui. I take it off the mount and put it in a leather case. As I was getting my stuff together to put on the sled in the morning, I could not find the leather case. I had left it sitting on the dash of the sled...