Almost caught the Holy Grail!

smclelan

Kelly and I made a second trip to the Gaspe after getting frozen out a couple weeks back.  We clicked off 690 miles around the Gaspesie on fresh groomed trail for all but about 25 miles.  It is like catching the Holy Grail if you can make to loop all the way on freshly groomed trails. 

Started from Pointe a la Croix as usually, fresh groomed right out the door to past the cable bridge where Snowmaster 2112 caught up to us with his group. We chatted on the side of the trail then continued to the Albertville gas for breakfast. Met Snowmaster and his crew there again, but there were heading out to beat a storm on there way home.....we all know how that ended.  Thankfully no serious injuries. Kelly and I pulled out and took the local trail right before Lac Matepedia to St Adeleme for a break, lots of people there.  We then headed to Grande Nature, perfect trails till we got about 15mi before the turnoff above Cap Chat.  Good into Grande Nature. We had called about a week before and all that was left was a Scandinavian cabin. Have never stayed in one of those before, always up in the main building the cabins are awesome. The food there was incredible and the atmosphere is great. Left the next morning and had about another five or eight miles of rough stuff until we got to the Saint anne Des Monts turn off from there freshly groomed again right across the whole North Shore. Road through to the town of Gaspe and stayed the night at the Hotel Plante.  We went to supper with Northbound and Sandra it was a great evening. The next day we headed out again on freshly groomed trails all the way into Perce where Kelly wanted to get the iconic picture in front of the Rock, every snowmobiler has to do this at least once. In and out of there still on fresh groom trails we went through Chandler and got gas and stopped for lunch at the Chandler clubhouse, very busy there they were having drag races. Pulled out after lunch and sailed into New Richmond that evening, stayed at the Fin Gourmet. Next morning again out on freshly groomed trails and road back to the truck in Pointe-à-la-Croix.

Been riding in Quebec for 22 years and have never run so much freshly groomed trail before, the gods of grooming were smiling at us. Here is a few pics from our excellent adventure.

20230302_115455.jpg

20230302_163023.jpg

20230302_175606.jpg

20230303_074207.jpg

20230304_091706.jpg

20230304_102840.jpg

20230304_153708.jpg

20230305_082929.jpg

20230305_082847.jpg

I'm noticing that a lot of the pictures in the Gaspe people aren't carrying the linq fuel tank. Is fuel an non issue if all goes right?  Any of my pervious trips, we always seemed to be into a fuel tank for someone. My pervious life in Search and Rescue had me going to assist those that weren't prepared, and we always took the attitude of "better to be looking at it, than looking for it."  Am I over thinking the need for spare fuel?

Packing sleds and gear on the trailer for tomorrows departure. We can't wait!

Yep, three of us rode 1010 miles all around the peninsula last week.  There are more gas stops than are showing on iMotoneige.  For instance, there is a station in Mont-Louis that doesn't show in iMotoneige.  Also a Shell station in Douglastown that isn't on iMotoneige.  We did carry one LINQ can, but never used it.

Edited by SRSchang

1 hour ago, SRSchang said:

Yep, three of us rode 1010 miles all around the peninsula last week.  There are more gas stops than are showing on iMotoneige.  For instance, there is a station in Mont-Louis that doesn't show in iMotoneige.  Also a Shell station in Douglastown that isn't on iMotoneige.  We did carry one LINQ can, but never used it.

I wonder if the gas stations have to pay a fee to be on the map or is it just a case that their local club hasn't made the effort to have them put on? The Ontario map has the same issue.