Hotel recommendations in Chibougamau?

Miles long

I'm thinking the most obvious choice is Marina Chibougamau,although there are a couple of other choices.Hotel Chibougamau has resto-bar,if that's a priority.Food and accom at MARINA very good along with great host's.

Edited by blackjack1
spelling

20 hours ago, blackjack1 said:

I'm thinking the most obvious choice is Marina Chibougamau,although there are a couple of other choices.Hotel Chibougamau has resto-bar,if that's a priority.Food and accom at MARINA very good along with great host's.

We started staying in Chapais few years back on recomendation from Snowmaster2112. Love the place Hôtel Opémiska. Very clean, comfortable. Community showers. Continental breakfast. Bar next door for dinner. Gas next door. Easy in easy out on trail.

To get the Chibougamau experience in its totality,  staying downtown at the Hotel Chibigamau is a must.  You and your friends will come away with great stories to tell your grand kids, and you will receive a decal proclaiming 'I survived a night in Chiboug'.   A five star experience.

1 hour ago, mikerider said:

To get the Chibougamau experience in its totality,  staying downtown at the Hotel Chibigamau is a must.  You and your friends will come away with great stories to tell your grand kids, and you will receive a decal proclaiming 'I survived a night in Chiboug'.   A five star experience.

Yes it is quite the experience! Stayed there a few times!

3 hours ago, mikerider said:

Now that’s the review I’ve been looking for! I read somewhere that a Saturday night in chibougamau is about as close you will come to experiencing the bar scene in the first Star Wars episode!

We stayed in Hotel Chiboug, it was good, nothing crazy, odd to have no window in the room but a sliding door to some sort of a common area that people from a few rooms can sit, that I think had a window.....a little bit different to get to it being right in town.

Spent the night at the bar attached to it, had dinner, some drinks and played some Quebec Quiz game that night......some lawyer from Montreal I think helped us out, she was in town for a case dealing with an indigenous  - the bar was packed. The owner/bar tender was very friendly, talked with him a fair amount too.

Ate breakfast at the restaurant beside the hotel, maybe one tenant over.

Bought beer from grocery store across the street for in the room.

The main street out front is crazy busy for such a small town.

Stayed at marina last month would stay there again.  Stayed at Nordic 3 years. It was good. Yes pay to put sled in the garage there.  Lot different people around there.  Group tried canvassing ours sleds at 3 In the afternoon lol  

30 minutes ago, markusvt said:

Funny you post that, I asked the bar owner about the population there and he mentioned a number around that and how much the population has increase in the last decade or so. 
Quite the bubble there. 

19 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

We started staying in Chapais few years back on recomendation from Snowmaster2112. Love the place Hôtel Opémiska. Very clean, comfortable. Community showers. Continental breakfast. Bar next door for dinner. Gas next door. Easy in easy out on trail.

And Isabelle the owner is funny as hell and speaks better english than I  do. Oh, and there is a small public laundromat in the basement if one should need that.

13 hours ago, Miles long said:

Now that’s the review I’ve been looking for! I read somewhere that a Saturday night in chibougamau is about as close you will come to experiencing the bar scene in the first Star Wars episode!

Let's just say the locals like to drink! They have a small area in the back to park the sleds. Went out to have a smoke and there was a super drunk local girl smoking a cig. As soon as i passed she proceeded to trip over the ski and did a face plant into the snow. She managed to save the cig. She was apparently looking to make some cash back at your room. She was way over the legal weight limit for that! LOL!