Northbound's 2023 season

Northbound

Day 29 to La Tuque. Still warm, but we've been within one day striking distance of the truck since Sacre Coeur. So the weather's not a real gamble. A section of the 3 trail closed a couple of days ago for an unsafe river. Our detour is to go further south, or we could skip La Tuque and head straight back to the Delta. We decided on the south route through Donnacona. It was actually no problem and a nice ride. Lunch and gas in St Raymond. Stayed at motel des Marineau. Nicer rooms in the back, decent restaurant

PXL_20230315_123311670.jpg

PXL_20230315_174605086.jpg

PXL_20230315_174613075.jpg

PXL_20230315_182855803.jpg

PXL_20230315_182923967.jpg

PXL_20230315_191343271.jpg

PXL_20230315_222524379.jpg

3-16  Day 30 Back to the Delta.  The 355 trail was perfect except for one terrible section of plowed, sun dried sand and gravel that went on for too long. Not so long as having to stop to cool sleds but still too long. Nice lunch as usual at Auberge Eva. Where we were first introduced to by no other than Saguenay Bill. Thanks for everything Bill. Along the lake the snow was very thin. Around the frog to the Delta, trails are mostly good. Of course road crossings are mid March road crossings. Wheels around the Delta make life easy. We rolled in mid afternoon, and only sleds in the compound. After dark there were almost 30 between the compound and sleds out front. 

I hope you've enjoyed my "wordy" read. And hopefully someone will be able to use something from my info. I know I've always gotten a lot of my info from you guys.

Enjoy your summer, 

Jeff and Sandy

PXL_20230316_111826149.jpg

PXL_20230316_190340253.jpg

Great detail and pictures Jeff.  You make us jealous going for a month non stop.  One thing about snowmobiling, you can always count on is changes.  You highlighted that in a few places.  Thanks for sharing with QuebecRider. Have a great summer on the water. 

Thanks for sharing Jeff,  great reports and that you had a safe and enjoyable trip.

It makes me  smile you guy's are still riding while we're sat here in +17c and taking about next February... lol .        Have a safe trip home and we'll see you both in 2024....   G&P.

I spent 28 days in 2020 and got cut short due to the Covid shut down....Great trip for you guys...and great report....spending a month touring is a blast, I really enjoyed your pics and writing...many thanks, Bob.

just wonderful reading abut your trip and getting to see your pictures.

And I agree about the Levesque Hotel.  Amazing views and amazing food.  One year I hit their ice bar on the second floor outdoor  porch.  That too was amazing and amazingly cold.   Have a wonderful summer.

mike

Steven, thanks, and you have fun in the mountains with your new toy.

Gary, thought of you guys today. Rode down to Ferland...they were closed😞 but we didn't take your lake route😳

Dave, thought of you today as we ended up in the bay eating a hotdog and poutine with "squeaky" cheese.

Bob, we were up here then too. Finished a very similar loop as this yr. Got back to the Delta on 3-16. We did our last loop of the lake on 3-18. The only place we could find to eat was a subway in st. Felician. We were the only 2 sleds in the compound. I think this hotel only had 4 floors open. Restaurant here closed on 3-18. Food options was McDonald's drive thru. We left on the next day. I told JD it was like being in a Steven king movie.

Mike, I'm glad you enjoyed it, you have a good summer too!

Jeff & Sandy

13 hours ago, Northbound said:

Steven, thanks, and you have fun in the mountains with your new toy.

Gary, thought of you guys today. Rode down to Ferland...they were closed😞 but we didn't take your lake route😳

Dave, thought of you today as we ended up in the bay eating a hotdog and poutine with "squeaky" cheese.

Bob, we were up here then too. Finished a very similar loop as this yr. Got back to the Delta on 3-16. We did our last loop of the lake on 3-18. The only place we could find to eat was a subway in st. Felician. We were the only 2 sleds in the compound. I think this hotel only had 4 floors open. Restaurant here closed on 3-18. Food options was McDonald's drive thru. We left on the next day. I told JD it was like being in a Steven king movie.

Mike, I'm glad you enjoyed it, you have a good summer too!

Jeff & Sandy

Lol .... we didn't even take the water crossing this year  when we rode to Ferland with you guy's  strange they were closed on a Sunday usually full of locals.... and you've got to love the "squeaky " cheese  lol.....

Hey Gary, we were surprised too!  Rode up to the ski hill for lunch today, better luck. Once past the dam, trails were all good. High of -2, sunshine, no wind, saw 5 other sleds in 175km. It's hard to complain. We'll hit Otis tomorrow 🙂

Hey Jack, sorry we missed you guys this season. Hope you and Sandy have a good summer!

Jeff & Sandy

PXL_20230320_155328702.jpg

PXL_20230320_161536384.jpg

PXL_20230320_191716217.MP.jpg

Great trip report Jeff!

Thanks again for including us in your trip to Chibougamau! We had a great time with you and Sandy. Hope to see you this summer at Sarnia Bay Marina.

Linda

• 3 months later...