Final trip of season

FCL

I don’t post offen usually for help planning trips.  I have been reading Quebec Rider forever and riding Quebec longer,  since 1987 to be exact,  and it’s hard to think of a trail or area I haven’t rode.  This years final trip was to do the complete figure 8 of the Gaspe,  which I have done many times.  The weather was warm but overall conditions were good,  a little snow starve around Carleton.  For this trip my grandson, Hunter was able to go over college break with over crew,  which at my age this was very special to me.  My riding crew, Dennis, Chuck and Tommy all have known Hunter before and we had a great time.  Chucks sled 900 turbo ski doo started acting up 30 miles before our stay at the Caribou hotel, but he was able to limp in with.  So this is where the other special part of this trip gets me to post.  At the Caribou we meet several Quebec rider members I have read over the years.  First we met Linda sled girl and her husband Joel and have a visit and she sends a pic to our old friend Saguenay Bill who I haven’t seen now in a few years.  Onto the restaurant after settling in and we met Iceman and NH Moose and Snohorse.  These guys were very friendly and most helpful with our sled problem.  Turns out to be exactly what NH moose though it might be,  the sock filter in the fuel pump.  Great visit with Ice and crew at dinner and breakfast then off to BRP dealer in Gaspe.  Great service here folks, took Chucks sled right in and had the fuel tank off and pump out within 45 minutes replacing a nasty looking fuel sock and very dirty in line fuel filter as well.  Probably got some bad fuel somewhere.  Price was reasonable and the folks at EM ski doo Gaspe were top shelf.  Then onto Murdochville for the night, but not before meeting Iceman and crew again on the trail,  another meeting with them the next day on local 150 north of New Richmond.   I have always had great responses to questions I have asked on Quebec rider in the past as I plan my next adventure,  but I must say it was special finally meeting some of the folks that have helped me on the site in the past.   Just when you think you have rode every trail along comes Icemans private trail the 150 which was perfect and that brings me and our crew to the end of another season.  To all have a great summer and stay healthy and safe,  Fred

Sounds like your crew had a great ride.  It would certianly be special to have your grandson along fo sure.  I always like it when you meet other QR members on trips and can put a face to the username.  I rode Trail 150 back in February it is a awesome trail and takes you away from the Pin Rouge area and heavy deer populations.  Thanks for sharing.

Great trip with friends and family! That's good information to know regarding the sock filter in the 900 Turbo. I am glad the dealer got it fixed for you. My friends and I rode to that dealership Saturday 11 February at 10:30 in the morning and it was closed. No sign on the door indicating hours. Several vehicles pulled in apparently expecting them to be open. Perhaps there was a staffing or illness issue. Glad they were able to get you going and you had a nice trip. 

Awesome talking with you Fred. Great meeting the crew. Glad Chuck got fixed up and all worked out. Now the only problem is Hunter needs a Turbo 900. LOL

yup been using that local trail to New Richmond for many years. Always good like most local trails