camera problems ???

groomer

since i went in the gaspesie park 3 weeks ago ,i have a few stripes/lines like this time to time on some of my pics.i took 216 pics and about 10/12 pics are like that.

could this be a shutter problem ,dust inside the camera or cold temps ??in the gaspesie park if i remember well ,it was -12c/-15c and windy on top .this week when i hit that big snow cloud when i came back from my 4 wheelers ride ,it was cold and some of my pics still have those stripes/lines on the pics.

too many pics taken with my camera ????must be over 30,000 in almost 5 years .

any ideas ???

thanks !!

groomer !!!

What kind of camera? I would try downloading and installing the latest firmware for the camera, many times that will fix problems like that. Good luck!

Edit: Just as a sidenote, we picked up a few inches of snow in the last several days. I imagine it will be heading your way next.

post-1-127151779797_thumb.jpg

post-1-127151781997_thumb.jpg

post-1-127151783051_thumb.jpg

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://sonydigitalcamera.digital-cameras-review.org/images/sony%2520cybershot.jpg&imgrefurl=http://sonydigitalcamera.digital-cameras-review.org/&usg=__pTnFJKxTpTt7cAy8fMaCPthj6ME=&h=500&w=500&sz=31&hl=fr&start=3&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=MsZ4vRrSkinDgM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsony%2Bdsc%2Bh-1%26tbnid%3DEyJMVpeCmotTfM:%26tbnh%3D0%26tbnw%3D0%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dfr%26sa%3DX%26rlz%3D1T4IRFA_enCA302CA302%26imgtype%3Di_similar%26tbs%3Disch:1

hi rob !!

thanks for the info !! it s a sony dsc h-1.bought it back in late august 05.

about the snow ,saw that on fs earlier this morning.humm !! no insults for the members ,i need rain actually , im in a hurry to go to my camp !!! ha !! ha !! just a ''sickness ''.i m on my way to take a ride with my 4 wheelers to check if the snow melted a bit since wednesday.

thanks again !!

jean-guy

Looking at the Sony website I don't see any firmware available for the dsc h1, only the h2. It could just be with over 30,000 pictures, the shutter is giving out. It might be time for an upgrade. Either way, good luck. We don't want to miss any of your great pictures :drinks:

thanks for the extra info.i thought about that ,30 ,000 + pics .could be the problems.back in the mid 80 ' s ,i had bought a minolta maxxum 7000 (35 mm )and at that time i was taking tons of pics of mx racing and one day all my pics were ugly or completely black if i can say that .too much dust inside the camera.the guy where i had bought it, asked me :what are doing with your camera ??? ha !! ha !!lot of dust at mx races.

sent it to quebec city for a ''clean up '' and never i ll do that again .next time i ll throw my camera to the garbage.they charged me 270.00$ for the clean up and i had paid 440.00$ with a 50mm lens .but i liked that camera .

bought another minolta later ,si 500 i think ,something like that and one day went grooming and right at the bottom of last hill before arriving at the st fidele cb ,camera fell on the floor of the machine .my 200 mm lens split in 2 pieces.geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzz !! i was mad !!

well ,since about 2 years i m thinking about buying a new one almost everyday,but it s a lot of $$$$$$$$ ,ha !! ha !!about 2 years ago ,my brother bought a nikon d-90 .at first glance ,liked the camera .must decide before starting working in mid may.

merci !!

jean-guy :drinks:

i for one would be willing to chip into groomers camera fund i have injoyed your pics for years now and if anyone here that could give say like 10 bucks each to help out someone that dos so mutch for us

the list

1 COLDSMOKE 10.00

i for one would be willing to chip into groomers camera fund i have injoyed your pics for years now and if anyone here that could give say like 10 bucks each to help out someone that dos so mutch for us

the list

1 COLDSMOKE 10.00

Artcat900 count me in for $20.00

We just have to figure out how to get it to him

Agree with you on how much he does for everyone here with his updates on conditions

Check out Canon, I feel they are the best out there. Time to move up to a DSLR? :rolleyes: I have a 7D and a 5DmkII :drinks:

thanks again rob !!

it ll give me more choices.checked it on dpreview this morning.i just want to make sure buying a camera like that i ll feel ''comfortable '' to take pics with.i don t want to have regrets a few weeks later whatever the brand i ll buy .

i ll have to go to rimouski or quebec city for that.

jean-guy

hi coldsmoke and artcat900 !!

coldsmoke ,to be honest saw your post around 8 30 am this morning.well, sorry if i don t use the right words ,my english is nt perfect.don t want to hurt members here.

well ,when i said it was lot of money ,sure it is for the number of weeks i work during a year .it s an investment for me ,but this is something i can t accept and i won t.no insults at all for both of you .geeeezzz !! you put a lot of pressure on me !!ha !! ha !!

i m the kind of person who likes to give rather than receive!!be sure of that,i know a lot about volunteering ,helping friends ,etc.i know i could sell my pics somewhere,i know i lost a lot money giving my pics at mx races in the yesteryears ,received 65.00$ in 8 years of following races here in pq.i have no regrets at all.met great peoples,just like here on this forum , top riders in canada ,even a few american riders.

so ,don t do it .like i said i rather give than receive !!

thank you very much for your understanding !!! :good: i wish my english could be better to explain.

merci !!

hi coldsmoke and artcat900 !!

coldsmoke ,to be honest saw your post around 8 30 am this morning.well, sorry if i don t use the right words ,my english is nt perfect.don t want to hurt members here.

well ,when i said it was lot of money ,sure it is for the number of weeks i work during a year .it s an investment for me ,but this is something i can t accept and i won t.no insults at all for both of you .geeeezzz !! you put a lot of pressure on me !!ha !! ha !!

i m the kind of person who likes to give rather than receive!!be sure of that,i know a lot about volunteering ,helping friends ,etc.i know i could sell my pics somewhere,i know i lost a lot money giving my pics at mx races in the yesteryears ,received 65.00$ in 8 years of following races here in pq.i have no regrets at all.met great peoples,just like here on this forum , top riders in canada ,even a few american riders.

so ,don t do it .like i said i rather give than receive !!

thank you very much for your understanding !!! :good: i wish my english could be better to explain.

merci !!

jean-guy,

My French is not very good, actually I don't know any French at all.ha ha

You are a very humble kind person that gives a lot to this site and the the snowmobiling community. You came out to meet me and my Dad with trail passes on a Sunday evening!! and stayed for over an hour talking about were we should ride and what to look for etc.

I would personally be honored to chip in because I too enjoy giving to a great cause.

Please reconsider,

Bob

hi all !!

i think it s about time for me to give you a reply.rfm ,saw your post late sunday night.since i read all your posts i had hard time to sleep !! ha !! ha !!

well for sure i ll dissapoint all you ,but it s not my personnality/mentality to accept free money like that and this is not the first time it happen in my life .i refused freebies if i can say that, up to 1000.00$$

one thing i hate in life ,peoples who use their ''big mouth ''to receive ''free money '',tips or freebies for whatever they do as a job .i ll know a lot of them and stay away from them because they make me sick.those who take advantage of peoples who are wealthy financially.they are all ''crooks '' to me because they use their big mouth.

so ,offering me money for a new camera , im not that kind of person.i don t post my pics here to be world famous or to receive money.photography is my only hobby beside drinking beers and wine during the summer ha !! ha !!so ,very glad you enjoy my pics but this is no reasons for me to accept ''your money''.

be sure of that i won t have regrets ,i know myself enough.i consider myself a generous person (without swelling my head ),but i m not the one to abuse from your generosity.like i said , i rather give than receive .i ve been like that for yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars!!

thanks to coldsmoke for the starting the offer (right word ??? )and the others ,but sadly you ''knocked ', at the wrong door.i m not that kind of person to receive ''free money ''like that.

just being a member here on qr and having the chance to ''chat '' with great peoples from the usa,canada and a few quebecers worth a lot of money for me !!and rob giving me the chance to post tons of pics............priceless to me!!

so ,i hope i used the right words in my post without hurting members ,but my ''final answer ''still no .when i read coldsmoke post about the 'offer '' ,i knew already what was my answer.

thank you all for you generosity !!just hoping my post won t hurt our friendship on qr.

sincerly !!

jean-guy :drinks::drinks::drinks:

I would also be willing to contribute to the Groomer Camera fund but understand why you wouldn't accept. You put it so we understand. Your just really appreciated around here with your pictures and trip advice. Very nice thought Coldsmoke.

Now go buy another camera and keep the pics coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would also be willing to contribute to the Groomer Camera fund but understand why you wouldn't accept. You put it so we understand. Your just really appreciated around here with your pictures and trip advice. Very nice thought Coldsmoke.

Now go buy another camera and keep the pics coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks sled dog !!

it takes all kind of people to ''make '' a world .

i wish i could be in the shoes of that guy tho !! :lol:

the list

1 COLDSMOKE 10.00

That would have been a great idea coldsmoke and we would have been more than happy to chip in but I guess you have to respect groomer's wishes. We just love seeing his photo's here in the U.K.

Gary

That would have been a great idea coldsmoke and we would have been more than happy to chip in but I guess you have to respect groomer's wishes. We just love seeing his photo's here in the U.K.

Gary

hi gary !!

thanks for the comments.like i said to a member a few years back :i guess it takes all kind of people to '' make '' a world .

pics: always the same moose.saw her at least half a mile in front of me .went down the hill slowly , then began to walk .first pic ,you can see the road is wet ,she went in the beaver dam on the left side of the road.if i remember well i spent at least 20 mins there .

just too bad there was too many branches.went she came back on the road ,she was as close as 10-12 '.very friendly and not nervous at all.

Well said Jean-Guy :good::drinks:

X2

Jean-guy, Thank you for all you do. Friendships (near and far) are what it's all about, please understand we meant no harm or to make you feel bad,

Your response to all of this was excellent (well said) and your English was right on!!

Your photo's are great! Thank you for sharing your hobby (the photography not the drinking, ha ha) with all of us.

Bob

X2

Jean-guy, Thank you for all you do. Friendships (near and far) are what it's all about, please understand we meant no harm or to make you feel bad,

Your response to all of this was excellent (well said) and your English was right on!!

Your photo's are great! Thank you for sharing your hobby (the photography not the drinking, ha ha) with all of us.

Bob

hi bob !!

bienvenue !!!

well , being a very shy person , i was feeling bad ,ha !! ha !!.honestly i took near 1 hr to write that post .i was taking ''breaks '' between sentences .even if my english is not perfect ,just wanted to make sure to have the right words as possible to write my post .

hope i have the right words ,for me personnally and i say that to my friends here in town time to time .''those who are afraid to share and they keep all for themselve ,they must nt have much friends .

never been afraid to share ,except for the wine !!! ha !! ha !!just joking .

thanks again and bonjour to your dad.

btw ,came back at 8 pm from an 100 miles ride with my 4 w.no mooses today.2 '' of fresh snow yesterday morning in ste marguerite.

jean-guy

once again groomer beautiful photo's, loved the bobcat

Gary

thanks snomogary !!

first 2 pics ,same bobcat than the other post .early morning at the lake .i was on my way to work at our new camp,2 years ago.

next 3 ,back in june 06 .right in the yard of the camp.i was sitting at the table and saw that ''tourist '' in the yard of the camp.what happen at the camp,there s trees all around,so when i see something in the yard ,reaction time must be very quick.3-4 steps for them and they are already back in the woods.took the pics through the window.

always funny to see something in the yard of the camp.

jean-guy