FCMQ is looking for your imput on it's APP.

Andyman

The FCMQ is looking at a rebuild of its APP and are looking for suggestions on how to improve it. Could you provide me with the pros and cons of the current app and what you would like to see in the new app. I will pass your thoughts along to my contact.

Thanks Andy

There are gas stations along the trail that don't show up on the app. I understand that a station likely has to pay to be there but it would be nice for planning

The app tends to route you the shortest way, sometime we want to go the longer route. Maybe a button to turn off shortest route.

- The ability to save my planned routes for future reference. 

- Would be nice if it'd do turn by turn navigation like Google maps for people that miunt their phones while riding. 

- Snow depth layer never seems to be 100% accurate.  Wonder if they can get the data from the NOHRSC data set which seems to be more accurate.  -

- More emphasis on the clubs to update trail conditions on a regular basis.  The groomer tracking is awesome, but seems clubs don't always keep their status up to date.

- When a trail is closed don't show groomer tracking.  That said the second the trail is listed open show the groomer tracking all the time.  There was delays this season where groomers weren't displayed for weeks on end after things were underway.  Understand clubs wanting to hide what they're up to until they have a usable product to offer.  But we need the tracking as soon as trails open. 

- Having two seperate ways that closed trails are shown is confusing.  If it's closed it should be consistent regardless of what screen you're looking at (trail conditions or groomer delay)

- have a new colour (maybe pink) to let clubs identify trails issues and highlight the effected area (logging, major groomer breakdowns, etc.)

- make sure improvements don't hinder the apps performance 

All of this is suggestions, but it's really just nit picking.  It's already the best app on the snow hands down.

7 hours ago, smclelan said:

There are gas stations along the trail that don't show up on the app. I understand that a station likely has to pay to be there but it would be nice for planning

The app tends to route you the shortest way, sometime we want to go the longer route. Maybe a button to turn off shortest route.

You can make it route the longer route the way you would like to go by adding waypoints. Pics show shortest and longer route by adding waypoint 1 in yellow.

IMG_1686.png

IMG_1687.png

• 2 weeks later...