Salon des Sports Motorises de Quebec 10/15-17

Greg du Vermont

Salon des Motorises de Quebec.

This weekend, October 15,16 & 17 at Centre de Foires de Quebec (just past the exit where you would hop on 73 North to go to Saguenay)

This is a big, big show that I have had the pleasure of attending for the past 3 years. All types of rec vehicles, but the main emphasis is definitely SNOWMOBILE. Major sled and apparell manufacturers, a ton of aftermarket suppliers, tourism/business representatives from everyplace, Major Associations, displays of every kind imaginable, demonstration, a fashion show as only the Quebecers can do it, the camaraderie of snowmobilers and much more. Obviously the current issues impacting our sport will be front and center and the AdmdQ will have its petition regarding the proposed curfew available for signatures.

This is an expo/party like none other.

I noted in another QR post that this event is the same weekend as a show in MA which probably explains why so many of the Quebec regions have chosen to be at the Salon and not in MA this weekend.

Throughout the weekend, I’ll be at the AdmdQ Kiosk #803 right next the Sports Motorises Magazine kiosk for which the AdmdQ and yours truly is a contributor. If anyone is in the area or at the event, stop and say hello. I’ll be the guy trying my best to speak my horrible brand of French and looking confused because I only understand about half of what is being said. BUT……….. I’ll be having a grrrreat time. Please Stop and say "Allo" to Greg du Vermont.

Yes it is a different version. After the Salon this weekend I will be able to give more complete info. Please remember that I am always working at a little (significant)disadvantage with the language thing. I always try to be sure that I understand correctly before I pass on information. My understanding at this point is that the online petition was a broader effort to reject the whole propsed law, while the AdmdQ effort was more particularly directed at the curfew portion. This topic will be rampant at the show and I will ask many questions. I personally do not see any harm in being a signer on more than one petition. And....... I thought that the ease of signing and sending made the previosly posted petition link very effective in terms of gaining maximum signatures.

Also look for a big AdmdQ safety initiative announcement to come out of Salon this weekend. I believe that I will scoop the Quebec media and post it in advance here on QR just before I leave tommorrow for Quebec. For a reasonably small group of snowmobilers the directors of the AdmdQ really are able make positive contributions. Check back tommorrow after noon, I think that you will like this one. No doom and gloom, this is some pre season good news for a switch.

I'm outta here, 4 hours and I'll be there. It's my horrible French for the rest of the weekend.

SVP arret la kiosk 803 de l'AdmdQ et dites allo a Greg du Vermont. C'est ma plasir recontre toute mes amis en motoneige. Je souhaite parler ma mauvais francais avec toute. J'essay tres fort, merci et desole en advance.

Hey guys and gals, Salon is really something to be a part of. Over 3,000 signitures on the opposition to the proposed curfew. Never seen all snowmobilers without exception in such a unified response of opoosition. PEOPLE STACKED 5 DEEP WAITING THEIR TURN TO SIGN! Yhe AdmdQ kiosk was the happening place. More details on how we can support the petition (as it is different than the online version) when I return. The following utube link will take you to a video of Salon 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvMsBZ8PpyQ

Met a few QRs, thanks for stopping guys

Here is a link to a thread on a quebec site with more photos that you may enjoy. A little utube search of "Salon motorises 2010" will find several other videos which may be of blood stirring interest.

http://www.motoneigeauquebec.com/forum/showthread.php?103862-Visiteurs-du-Salon-vos-messages-ici-SVP/page2

Final count on the petition was over 4,000 yes 4,000, enthusiastically opposed signitures. I'll post more about what we can do later today, I need to do a little work first.